“Awesome view of Flathead Lake”

KwaTaqNuk Resort & Casino
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Polson
Reviewed March 13, 2009

Kwa Taq Nuk is right on the shore of Flathead Lake. Sunday Brunch is awesome! The servers and the chef are top notch. It is great to see Native American people keeping this hotel in top notch shape.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 5, 2008

I had to be in Polson for work on the weekend. Everyone said this place was the only good place to stay. WOW were they off by a mile. Like a good portion of Montana, as soon as you walk in there is a casino. And lucky me my room was about 4 doors down from it! So all night there was the clinging of the machines. I really needed a workout but no fitness center on site. They offered me the keys to a fitness center 5 blocks down the room. Not that safe for a single woman. At 1am I was awoken to what seemed liked WWIII above my head. I called the front desk and they said they would send security. An hour and a half later they finally quieted down. Not to mention the kids running up and down the halls until about midnight. And so I woke this morning needing a refreshing shower. And it was refreshing alright, hot then cold then hot then cold. Needless to say if I am ever needing to be in the area again I think I will drive the extra thirty minutes and stay in Bigfork.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank kungfugirl2008
Reviewed August 17, 2008

This hotel has a terrific location situated on Flathead Lake. Unfortunately, that's the only thing this hotel has going for it.

I have to say that the service at this hotel receives an F. The check in staff would not smile nor were they friendly. They did not say thank you for staying with us, or anything similar. We asked the restuarant staff if we could have dinner in the bar area, and we were given a look like "whatever, I could care less"...so we left. Overall, the service level seemed non-existent.

Our room was also dirty!

Very dissapointing experience in one of our favorite places to vacation.

Stayed: August 2008
2  Thank aeverest7
Reviewed March 20, 2008

When I walked in, the first thing I noticed was the rank ciggarette smell. Then i saw that it was a big gambling resort, they had 2 casinos! Anywayz, when we walked passed the pool there was a oily film on the top of the water in the pool and hot tub! It was disgusting! We didn't go swimming and I don't think very many people would swim in that. The pictures on the internet are very decieving. When we walked into the NON SMOKING room it stunk like smoke. The bathroom in the room smelled like some dude took a crap in there after eating taco bell's food. The bedding smelled like a greasy street bum slept in the there. The whole room seemed kind of dirty. I didn't even want to take off my shoes. It looked as if the room hadn't been redecorated since the 80s. The paint was peeling around the doorways, and the walls had some oozing stains on them. Sure the view was great, but I would have rather stayed somewhere else. I might be picky about hotels, but to say the least I would not stay here again. So, you might as well just pass on through to Missoula or something.

• Stayed: March 2008
2  Thank skater999
Reviewed March 19, 2008

The rooms are clean and quite large in the lower section. Wifi throughout the building. Restaurant and bar staff are sometimes indifferent. Having casino machines through the building doesn't really add to the atmosphere.

The dog policy is heinous: Dogs are $25/visit + $10 night.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank ITravelMontana
Reviewed August 27, 2007

OK, so this place has a view of the lake! That's about it. They have no idea what customer service means. We waited 2 hours for room service. Food was terrible when it arrived - without salad, knife or fork etc. The room was dirty - the previous guest (or maybe a few before them) had left dollar notes in the fridge, microwave, behind the toilet door etc - to see if they were found by the cleaner - NO !!! still there !!!.

Staff were rude and quite frankly didn't care less. If you need somewhere to stay just passing through - it might work - otherwise travel on and find somewhere better.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
4  Thank Humphries_travels
Reviewed August 16, 2007

This hotel is right on the lake, the room was nice and clean. We got up early and went to Whitefish montana and did "Walk in the tree tops", this was fun and well worth the cost. We then went through Glacier NP on Going To The Sun road, this also was a very nice ride, on the way to Glacier we stoped at "Glacier Maze", highly recommend this if you have kids, great fun, very tough. We will end up at East Glacier.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Polson
Red Lion Inn & Suites Ridgewater Polson
Swan Hill Bed & Breakfast
Ninepipes Lodge
Ninepipes Lodge
#1 of 2 in Charlo

Been to KwaTaqNuk Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!