“Great”

KwaTaqNuk Resort & Casino
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Polson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Nashua, MT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

We have stayed and/or eaten at the Kwa-Tak-Nuk many times over many years, since my parents live in Polson. It has had it's ups and downs, specifically putting in more casinos on the main floor (2nd) that allowed smoking, and changing the restaurant to the ground floor. However, I can see that the change is probably okay, considering now there isn't as much smoke in the ground floor. If you are sensitive to smoke, you can easily get around this by asking for a room far away from the casinos. Also, there was a time when I considered the service at this accommodation in need of more training to be hospitable. They seem to have had this, as all of the front desk workers and the restaurant workers sounded very eager to help us and were accurate in their work. The buffet on Father's Day was wonderful. This is the best Polson accommodation.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main area if you want more quiet and less smoke smell.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Stacey M, Executive Director of Organizational Development at KwaTaqNuk Resort & Casino, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 406-883-3636 Ext 437.

Helena, Montana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

The once glorious entryway that looked out onto Flathead Lake is blocked by two casinos (smoking and non-smoking sections). You're instantly accosted with the smoke smell infiltrating the hotel. The restaurant has been relegated to the basement and is constantly changing hands, so service and amenities you recieved on one stay may be disappear at your next stay (even within a month's time). Basically, the services and amenities offered are inconsistent and seem to be trending badly. The rooms are in serious need of upgrade. My bed was so hard and uncomfortable I could not sleep. The TV is outdated with a fuzzy picture. The walls need repainted and the bathrooms need some cosmetic attention (tiling, grout, trim, and paint). The resort itself needs some interior design updating (new furniture, a fresh lakeside "look", clean details). The casino bathrooms are next too the elevator so there is a constant stream of men following you to the elevator..its rather disconcerting. While there, the maintenance man had to go into the men's bathroom and suck up water because the patrons kept pulling the urinal off the wall and it was leaking to the offices downstairs. I'm really hoping it was just water because it dribbled all over my shoes from the cleaning machine as I rode the elevator with the maintenance man.

What was once a grand resort and a highlight of my business trips is a place I will probably no longer patronize unless major changes in mission (casinos elsewhere), amenities, and overall cleanliness change for the better.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Heather S
Stacey M, Manager at KwaTaqNuk Resort & Casino, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 406-883-3636 Ext 437.

Travelers are raving about these Polson hotels

Calgary, Alberta, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

My family and I choose this hotel not only because of the location but also due to the pool. However the pool and hot tub were both cold, and we had to walk through a banquette to get to the indoor pool. We were also under the impression that there was a discount on breakfast, but there was nothing, and the room was so noisy that it took my children over an hour to finally be able to fall asleep. We continually woke up dirrung the night due to noise. Since the room was smaller then expected, we are glad that we did pay for a second room, because there is no way a rollaway would have fit in the room along with our lugage. Over all, I was very disappointed in the stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Anne S

Bozeman, Montana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

This hotel does have startling views, if you get a lakeside room. That's about all I can say.

I was surprised to find smoke in the hotel. I forgot this town is on a Reservation, and smoking is still allowed in bars. There is a casino on the second floor, so be sure and ask for a first or third floor room if you are smoke sensitive.

My room was on the third floor, and had a faint, sickly sweet smell of carpet cleaner product lingering. It did not smell of smoke. Walls are rather thin, as is common in most chain hotels.

What was disturbing was the long, black hair on the bath towel, and the pubic hair stuck in the wash cloth. Ew. I know these things happen and we are all human and so on... But.

The painted-over graffiti in the elevator is sad. What is it with the Rez? Wish it could get on better footing. I have never seen this elsewhere, and I travel for work every week.

There is no fitness room, unlike many Best Westerns, though they can let you in to a gym downtown. There is a pool and hot tub.

Room Tip: Ask for 1st or 3rd floor if you do not want to smell ciggies.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Sophia E
Lorissa H, Executive Director of Organizational and Business Development at KwaTaqNuk Resort & Casino, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear Sophia,

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Had to find a room at the last minute traveling on a 14 hour trip. Stopped here and had a nice night of sleep. Arrived at 10:35pm and didnt have reservations. Greeted promptly and Brie was very helpful. Room was clean and bed comfortable. This is a casino and was surprised that there was no food available at all. BUT, they did give us a nice gift bag full of snacks as a gift. So we were able have a nice snack.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank SleepV6Cr

Bozeman, Montana, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

The hotel was awesome. The rooms very well kept and comfortable and the view was beautiful. The staff was wonderful when it came to asking for an early check in. The only reason this didn't get an excellent rating was when my husband and I went to the pool at nearly 10 pm and the pool was filled with kids all under the age of 15. There were about 10 kids and only 2 of them were there supervised. They were very loud, you could hear them down the hall and they were rough housing so bad that you couldn't sit in the room with out getting wet. A security guard came and told them to quiet down, but then as soon as he left, they were loud and rowdy again. I was told by multiple people that this is fairly common at this hotel. Best hotel in Polson, I'm sure, and we will visit again, but won't visit the pool until after 11. Hopefully, the adult only time will be enforced.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Amee S
Lorissa H, Executive Dir. of Organizational and Business Development at KwaTaqNuk Resort & Casino, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Amee,

Stacey McQuade
Executive Director of Organizational and Business Development BEST WESTERN PLUS KwaTaqNuk Resort
Also consider these accommodations in or near Polson
Red Lion Inn & Suites Ridgewater Polson
Ninepipes Lodge
Ninepipes Lodge
#1 of 2 in Charlo
Swan Hill Bed & Breakfast

Been to KwaTaqNuk Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!