“Polson”

KwaTaqNuk Resort & Casino
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Polson
Reviewed January 28, 2013

The hotel is located on the south bank of Flathead Lake and offers an amazing view of the lake. The price is very competitive and an exceptional value for the view alone. Be sure to drive up the east bank during sunrise and down the west bank during sunset!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank MICHAEL S

Reviewed January 27, 2013

I have stayed here annually for the last 6 years for the same event. After this weekend, I will never stay again and I will never recommend it to friends or family that come to visit. It began with making my reservations 2 weeks ago. Come to find out, my reservations were for the previous weekend per the staff AND my credit card was charged for a no show. This was changed to the date that I was needing. Upon check-in, I was assigned to a different floor than I had requested the previous day. The function that I was there for reserves a block of rooms which I have been able to stay in when the correct reservations were made. The block of rooms usually include people attending the same event and therefore are able to celebrate together without disrupting the other guests. This did not happen this year. Unfortunately, while visiting with friends in the hallway and then in our room, an over zealous security guard came to the door and gave us ten minutes to leave the premises! This was a very poorly handled situation and I hope no one has to experience this. Again, I will never recommend to anyone this place. Very smelly hallways, poorly managed facility!

• Stayed: January 2013
7  Thank Raecille
Reviewed December 31, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Great and friendly staff, clean and comfortable rooms. The view of the lake from a lakeside room is awesome! Stayed in this hotel three times when travelling through Polson and would definitely come back again. Thank you for a pleasant stay!

Room Tip: definitely a lakeside room
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2012

My wife and I come to Best Western quite often and are always met with great service by the staff of the hotel and casino. They have always gone above and beyond to make our time there easy going and comfortable. The view is one of the best on the lake. The casino at times has a spirited crowd but in my wife and my experience only adds to the character of the location and the depth of the area and people. We'll come back again for sure.

Room Tip: on the lake side
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We have been staying at Best Westerns all across the country. The cost and location are our main concerns when booking. The price difference in this motel and the others along our route was important. I read the reviews and decided to book online anyway. I was very pleasantly surprised since some of the reviews were very negative. It is in a beautiful setting, right on the lake. We did not come because of the casino, but if I wanted to gamble, that would be a plus. I booked a lakeside room on the first floor. Our check in was speedy and even though the lobby smells smokey, there is absolutely no smoke smell in our room and a note about their strict no smoking policy. The room is quiet, clean and well maintained with flat screen TV and lots of channels and comfortble beds. We ate dinner in the small on site cafe and were very pleased with the food, service and cost. Our room is comparable or even better than some other Best Westerns. We have stayed in other branded and unbranded motels on our cross country trip and believe me this property is one of the best.

Room Tip: Lakeside rooms on first floor are great as you can walk right out your door to the lake.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2012

The views on half of the hotel (lakeside) are magical. The other side of the hotel faces a parking lot and trash cans. When you book a room be sure to ask for lakeside. The hotel has a casino in the middle of it which ENTIRELY ruins the resort-feel. If I had a gasmask I may stay there again. It reeks of stale smoke and allow smoking at the casino indoors. Walking lakeside and enjoy the views is really breathtaking.

Stayed: October 2012