“Good hotel although the casino is a little smokey”

KwaTaqNuk Resort & Casino
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Polson
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Great views of the lake right out the door of my room! The casino smoke fills the lobby so that was a bit of a bummer. My room was clean and quiet! I would stay there again if I was traveling through..

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank duckdog98604

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Whoa... welcome to Polson! The moment you walk into the lobby, you're slapped in the face with an old funky ashtray! The cigarette smoke is everywhere, even in my "non-smoking" room. I ended up in room 315, with a stunning view of the parking lot and road. I read others talk about the lovely view of the lake, I'm here for work and was not as fortunate. First impressions... this hotel needs to rip out all of it's carpet, do a MAJOR deep cleaning, paint the nasty walls and give the broken down furnishings an update. I contemplated going for a swim, but when I found that the water was so murky, you couldn't see the bottom of the pool, I decided against it. The room itself was pretty filthy. Food on the walls, fluids splashed on the walls, goldfish crackers on the floor, you name it! In an effort to drown out the noises that face the parking lot and road, I tried to get the HVAC unit running at a constant pace. First off, the broken cover came off in my hand. The unit will not run continuously, which brings me to the all night joys of staying here. I'm going to guess that the locals like drinking on Wednesday nights. All night long, I was waking up to the sounds of people yellling at each other in the parking lot, followed by peel outs on the pavement. I don't think I slept longer than 45 min at a stretch. Given how filthy the room and property was, I opted not to eat here and ventured elsewhere. I don't know if there are better places to stay in Polson, but I sure hope there aren't worse.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the parking lot / road side. Maybe the lake side is quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
6  Thank IrishTravelingGirl
Reviewed October 1, 2012

The staff accomodated our wishes for a higher floor, quieter room with balcony on the water. Check in was smooth (with cookies), and the front desk clerk did a great job of introducing us to their property and the area.

Unfortunately, after expecting lakeside water amenities (scenic boat trips, jet ski or canoe rentals), as offered by the website, we checked in to find that such amenities shut down on Labor Day. This should really have been made clear upon reservation, or via the website, and it's this that knocks down the rating a little.

View from the room was great. Staff was great, especially Terece from Jamaica in the casino. He was a one-man hotel promoter and Polson promoter- knowledgable, dedicated, and always busy. All hotels should have such great spokesmen.

Couple other little things the staff might give mind to: Don't leave a near-empty toilet paper roll on the spool, even if a full roll is available. Don't leave the alarm clock turned on- new checking-in guests tend to dislike having someone else's alarm wake them up at 5am for no reason during their vacation.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Lorissa H, Front Office Manager at KwaTaqNuk Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
My apologies that our seasonal boat tours had not been available during the time of your stay, we do hope that you return during our summer season so you may experience the Shadow to the fullest.
I will pass your kind words onto Terrace in the casino, and thank you for choosing our location to meet your hospitality needs!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I have planned my vacation for 5 years in a row, staying at this resort. Being on the lake in a real plus, beautiful! They have greatly improved outside as far as the landscaping is concerned, but inside is absolutely horrible.

Several reviews have stated about the noise, which doesn't bother me. What bothers me is a cold shower in the morning, and a filthy room!

Under one of the beds I found a childs sock, under the other, a broken toy. Under the end table found shells of sunflower seeds. The real shocker was a used coffee pod in the basket of the coffee maker, and the coffee carafe wasn't cleaned out! The coffee maker was coated with old coffee on the back. There was a dead spider on the lower left of the molding leading into the bathroom. The sheets looked kinda iffy whether or not they were really changed.

The jaquzzi was covered with foam all over the top, otherwise would've been nice to use it.

The building looks like it needs a thorough cleaning on the inside. Outside, it's pretty nice. Frondesk clerks were real nice, too.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank laurie2158

I would like to begin by thanking you for reviewing our property and to apologize for the lack of cleanliness you had experienced during your stay with us.
Since your review we have implemented the necessary changes to our property to ensure cleanliness in all of our hotel rooms, we agree that anything less is unacceptable.
We do hope that you will consider giving us another chance to meet and exceed your expectations.
We appreciate your kind words in regards to the exterior of our properties exterior and our employees, both are definitely highlights of our property.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

This resort is in a great location and was the jewel of the Flathead for years. However it needs a facelift and a good cleaning. Lobby area is aging and smells of smoke from the casino. The restaurant has been terribly downsized to accomodate another casino and has a limited menu, although the food was excellent. Many indigent looking peoiple hanging around made us nervous. Sleeping room was very clean and modern with good ammenities.
Would recommend the property with some reservations.

Room Tip: Choose waterside, that gives a great view of Flathead Lake.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Gary G
Lorissa H, Front Office Manager at KwaTaqNuk Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

We are sorry to hear that your stay with us did not meet your expectations; we will be taking your review to heart and implementing the necessary improvements to make everyone’s stay at our property as comfortable as possible.
We hope you will return to our property after these changes have taken affect.
Thank you, and have a wonderful day.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Smoke filled hotel, nasty people hang out in lobby and entry way, mold smell in rooms. I will NEVER stay here again. They are sitting on a gold mind with the lake view but a lot of changes would have to be made. The worst hotel I have ever stayed in! Go to the north side of the lake, better places to stay!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Mark H

Thank you for your review, we do hope you will reconsider returning to our property in the future so we may make up for your not so great experience.
We will be implementing improvements to the facility that will improve our property for the comfort of all of our customers.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Stayed 1 night in september at BW Plus KwaTaqNuk in Polson, on our way from Glacier NP to Yellowstone NP. We just loved it. Location beautiful. We payed a little more for a room with lakeview and I should recommend doing this. Comfy and cosy room. Small terrace at the room. Big terrace at the hotel for sitting in the sun and enjoying the view on the lake. The outside swimmingpool was already closed for the season. We did not eat the breakfast, but the free coffee at the lobby was excellent and in the afternoon, they offer you free, fresh cookies. You have some smoke that is coming from the casino into the lobby, but this is not so worse. Free computer and internet is fast. Resto's at walking distance. A little drive to a supermarket. Just one very negative point and that is the reason I did not give the hotel 5/5. There is some very unfriendly woman working there, at the receptiondesk. She is always doing like she is very busy and has no time for the clients. When you try to say a frienly word to her, she has even no time for a friendly word back or even for a little smile. Recommended, but I hope the woman I told about, is in holiday when you are going.

Room Tip: Pay a little more for a room with a view on the lake.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel/casino. We do hope you choose to stay with us again in the future.
I would also like to apologize for the not so friendly employee you encountered during your stay; all of our staff have undergone customer service training and will be undergoing refreshment courses throughout the year.

Thank you for informing me of this.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Polson
Red Lion Inn & Suites Ridgewater Polson
Swan Hill Bed & Breakfast
Ninepipes Lodge
Ninepipes Lodge
#1 of 2 in Charlo

Been to KwaTaqNuk Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!