The staff accomodated our wishes for a higher floor, quieter room with balcony on the water. Check in was smooth (with cookies), and the front desk clerk did a great job of introducing us to their property and the area.
Unfortunately, after expecting lakeside water amenities (scenic boat trips, jet ski or canoe rentals), as offered by the website, we checked in to find that such amenities shut down on Labor Day. This should really have been made clear upon reservation, or via the website, and it's this that knocks down the rating a little.
View from the room was great. Staff was great, especially Terece from Jamaica in the casino. He was a one-man hotel promoter and Polson promoter- knowledgable, dedicated, and always busy. All hotels should have such great spokesmen.
Couple other little things the staff might give mind to: Don't leave a near-empty toilet paper roll on the spool, even if a full roll is available. Don't leave the alarm clock turned on- new checking-in guests tend to dislike having someone else's alarm wake them up at 5am for no reason during their vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The KwaTaqNuk Resort & Casino is owned and operated by the Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribe, and is located 67 miles North of Missoula, and 50 miles South of Kalispell right on the South end of beautiful Flathead Lake and is surrounded by the magnificent Mission Mountain Range in Polson, Montana. We have 111 extremely comfortable sleeping rooms all with which contain flat screen televisions, refrigerators, eco-friendly down comforters, with all lake side rooms equipped with private balconies overlooking the lake. KwaTaqNuk has an indoor pool, hot tub, on-site restaurant and lounge, a 24 hour casino, and with "The Shadow" (our 140 passenger cruise boat) we also have the ability to accommodate meetings and private events out on the lake, as well as offering public cruises. The KwaTaqNuk offers a full Banquet catering staff and is capable of serving up to 220 people on 5,000 square feet of conference space. Our main conference room will accommodate up to 220 people seated on rounds of ten with a riser for any speakers. We also have two small breakout rooms, available for use which will accommodate up to 20 people and can be used as a preparation area, or for smaller breakout meetings, for private events. Together with an experienced and friendly staff the KwaTaqNuk Resort & Casino has the ability to make weddings, family events, conventions, corporate retreats, off site meetings, and holiday parties a sure success. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your KwaTaqNuk Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Kwataqnuk Hotel Polson
- Best Western Kwataqnuk Hotel
- Polson Best Western
- Best Western Polson