“Nice enough place”

KwaTaqNuk Resort & Casino
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Polson
Reviewed October 1, 2012

The staff accomodated our wishes for a higher floor, quieter room with balcony on the water. Check in was smooth (with cookies), and the front desk clerk did a great job of introducing us to their property and the area.

Unfortunately, after expecting lakeside water amenities (scenic boat trips, jet ski or canoe rentals), as offered by the website, we checked in to find that such amenities shut down on Labor Day. This should really have been made clear upon reservation, or via the website, and it's this that knocks down the rating a little.

View from the room was great. Staff was great, especially Terece from Jamaica in the casino. He was a one-man hotel promoter and Polson promoter- knowledgable, dedicated, and always busy. All hotels should have such great spokesmen.

Couple other little things the staff might give mind to: Don't leave a near-empty toilet paper roll on the spool, even if a full roll is available. Don't leave the alarm clock turned on- new checking-in guests tend to dislike having someone else's alarm wake them up at 5am for no reason during their vacation.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Lorissa H, Front Office Manager at KwaTaqNuk Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
My apologies that our seasonal boat tours had not been available during the time of your stay, we do hope that you return during our summer season so you may experience the Shadow to the fullest.
I will pass your kind words onto Terrace in the casino, and thank you for choosing our location to meet your hospitality needs!

There are newer reviews for KwaTaqNuk Resort & Casino

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I have planned my vacation for 5 years in a row, staying at this resort. Being on the lake in a real plus, beautiful! They have greatly improved outside as far as the landscaping is concerned, but inside is absolutely horrible.

Several reviews have stated about the noise, which doesn't bother me. What bothers me is a cold shower in the morning, and a filthy room!

Under one of the beds I found a childs sock, under the other, a broken toy. Under the end table found shells of sunflower seeds. The real shocker was a used coffee pod in the basket of the coffee maker, and the coffee carafe wasn't cleaned out! The coffee maker was coated with old coffee on the back. There was a dead spider on the lower left of the molding leading into the bathroom. The sheets looked kinda iffy whether or not they were really changed.

The jaquzzi was covered with foam all over the top, otherwise would've been nice to use it.

The building looks like it needs a thorough cleaning on the inside. Outside, it's pretty nice. Frondesk clerks were real nice, too.

2  Thank laurie2158

I would like to begin by thanking you for reviewing our property and to apologize for the lack of cleanliness you had experienced during your stay with us.
Since your review we have implemented the necessary changes to our property to ensure cleanliness in all of our hotel rooms, we agree that anything less is unacceptable.
We do hope that you will consider giving us another chance to meet and exceed your expectations.
We appreciate your kind words in regards to the exterior of our properties exterior and our employees, both are definitely highlights of our property.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

This resort is in a great location and was the jewel of the Flathead for years. However it needs a facelift and a good cleaning. Lobby area is aging and smells of smoke from the casino. The restaurant has been terribly downsized to accomodate another casino and has a limited menu, although the food was excellent. Many indigent looking peoiple hanging around made us nervous. Sleeping room was very clean and modern with good ammenities.
Would recommend the property with some reservations.

Room Tip: Choose waterside, that gives a great view of Flathead Lake.
1  Thank Gary G
Lorissa H, Front Office Manager at KwaTaqNuk Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

We are sorry to hear that your stay with us did not meet your expectations; we will be taking your review to heart and implementing the necessary improvements to make everyone’s stay at our property as comfortable as possible.
We hope you will return to our property after these changes have taken affect.
Thank you, and have a wonderful day.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Smoke filled hotel, nasty people hang out in lobby and entry way, mold smell in rooms. I will NEVER stay here again. They are sitting on a gold mind with the lake view but a lot of changes would have to be made. The worst hotel I have ever stayed in! Go to the north side of the lake, better places to stay!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mark H

Thank you for your review, we do hope you will reconsider returning to our property in the future so we may make up for your not so great experience.
We will be implementing improvements to the facility that will improve our property for the comfort of all of our customers.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Stayed 1 night in september at BW Plus KwaTaqNuk in Polson, on our way from Glacier NP to Yellowstone NP. We just loved it. Location beautiful. We payed a little more for a room with lakeview and I should recommend doing this. Comfy and cosy room. Small terrace at the room. Big terrace at the hotel for sitting in the sun and enjoying the view on the lake. The outside swimmingpool was already closed for the season. We did not eat the breakfast, but the free coffee at the lobby was excellent and in the afternoon, they offer you free, fresh cookies. You have some smoke that is coming from the casino into the lobby, but this is not so worse. Free computer and internet is fast. Resto's at walking distance. A little drive to a supermarket. Just one very negative point and that is the reason I did not give the hotel 5/5. There is some very unfriendly woman working there, at the receptiondesk. She is always doing like she is very busy and has no time for the clients. When you try to say a frienly word to her, she has even no time for a friendly word back or even for a little smile. Recommended, but I hope the woman I told about, is in holiday when you are going.

Room Tip: Pay a little more for a room with a view on the lake.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel/casino. We do hope you choose to stay with us again in the future.
I would also like to apologize for the not so friendly employee you encountered during your stay; all of our staff have undergone customer service training and will be undergoing refreshment courses throughout the year.

Thank you for informing me of this.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

If I had planned on needing to worry about security of my family, I would of drove another hour to another town.

This hotel is awful! First of all, the hotel advertises a clean and welcoming environment but when we arrived, we were surrounded by perps (aka Customers) (I'm a police officer). While standing in a smoke filled lobby. I should of known there were going to be problems after seeing a Tribal Police office adjacent to the entrance.

After getting our key, we decided to check the room. As we walked to our room, a perp came up very close to my back as I was walking. (less than 6 inches) I stopped, moved myself and my children and my Wife to the side and ask him to pass. He refused and I had to order him but he still refused. I then informed him I was a cop and informed him to move along. He finally did after several informative statements but walked down the hallway and exited through the fire escape. He appeared to be heavily impaired and up to no good.

This was disturbing but I refused to give up $89.00 and the fact we would have to drive an hour to the next big town for a different hotel. My expectations were small but I was hoping to get a quiet nice room with a hot shower. Because of all the perps milling about, the pool was not a possibility for my kids.

We then were able to get to bed and woke up about 8:00 am were I discovered that our shower was not hot but cold to luke warm at best. It was like taking a shower when the hot water heater is going out. That was bad but who cares, we were leaving right? Well I went down stairs and looked for a luggage cart. I found one in the parking garage and it had about four long pieces of lumber on it for someone who was doing some construction. The only other cart was in the corner and covered by a maid's cart hidden from plain view. I end up moving the maid's cart and grabbing that one.

We packed up and walked out the door into the parking garage into a huge cloud of dust from a leaf blower. I was so upset because even my children were dirty and gritty from the dust. (I have one child with Asthma and a 3 month old baby)

This has to be the worst hotel and I have learned a lesson to read these reviews before committing. The previous review, “If you don't smoke or pack a weapon keep driving”, is spot on...

Room Tip: Check reviews and look for reviews from folks with your situation and expectations. Stay away from B...
2  Thank Kyle H

I would like to begin by apologizing for your unacceptable experience at our casino resort. I have made attempt to contact you directly so that I could give you my apologies personally, I do hope to hear back from you soon.
When I had received your message from our General Manager I implemented a full refund back to the credit card on file, if you would like an email of this reversal please contact me directly at 800-882-6363 ext 405.
I do wish we would have had more of an opportunity to stop this man you speak of in your review; I have no records that our front desk or security officer was contacted in regards to the man that had stopped you in the hallway. If our staff is not contacted and informed of these situations we are not able to stop it from happening again. We do hope that you will reconsider staying at our property to give us another chance to make this situation right.
Thank you again for your review of our hotel/casino, we appreciate you as our customer.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

the smoke in every crack and crevice of this place is awful! rooms are 'barely" clean. I had to stuff towels under the door in an attempt to keep some of the smoke out. In addition, after being woken up several times from screaming and banging I called the front desk who called security. There were women in the lobby sobbing, appeared to be intoxicated and several parties not behaviing appropriately. They "gym" they provide you go to is 3-4 blocks away. While getting away from the smoke it turned out to be a blessing. However, I now know here the exercise equipment graveyard is now located. I am shocked this is endorsed/owned by Best Western. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone!

Room Tip: drive all the way to Kalispell or stay in Missoula!
Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Traci J

Please except our deepest apologies for not meeting and exceeding your expectations during your stay with us. We are taking your criticism to heart and appreciate your honesty.
We will be using your feedback to implement positive changes to our property and hope that in the future you will reconsider giving us another chance to make up for this not so great experience.
Thank you again, and have a spectacular day.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Polson
Red Lion Inn & Suites Ridgewater Polson
Edgewater RV Resort & Motel
Ninepipes Lodge
Ninepipes Lodge
#1 of 2 in Charlo

Been to KwaTaqNuk Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!