“WOW!”

KwaTaqNuk Resort & Casino
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Polson
Reviewed April 7, 2012

My husband and I stayed in the executive suite here in celebration of our third anniversary, and it was amazing. The front desk clerk told me that they have just undergone massive reconstruction, so anyone who has stayed here previously maybe consider giving it another shot?
The restaurant "The Nook" was quiet and had great views of the lake. While the dinner was quite expensive there was more than enough in one plate to put myself and my husband in a food coma.
The 24 hour casino was amazing, and while noisy (obviously there are bells going off on the machines) it was great fun for the both of us.
When we finally trekked back to the room we were delighted to be there too! The jetted tub was about the size of a normal 4 person outdoor hot tub, but pleasantly tucked in the oversize bathroom instead of just stuck in the center of the bedroom. There was also a double headed shower (for when you did not have approximately 1.5 hours to fill the tub and the extra time to enjoy it), the toilet was nicely tucked into a more private side room.
The living room was nicely furnished with a leather couch and loveseat set, which were amazingly comfortable. The dining area arranged with a large table and chairs, and the bed in the separate bedroom area was amazingly perfect.
The private deck on this room had a wonderful view of the lake and cute patio furniture to sit and watch the sun come up over the water.

Sadly we only had one day here, so we missed to pool (I'm fairly positive there is one though) as well as any other activities offered, but one thing for sure is we will be coming back as soon as we are in the area again!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 5, 2012

The Kwa TaqNuk Resort at the Flathead Lake was one of the best hotels we stayed during our trip through Montana, Wyoming and South Dakota. It's a beautiful place to stay. Very nice rooms with microwave, TV, coffee machine.
This hotel is bit more expensive than the average motels but it 's worth it!
july 2010

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Great location right on the lake, clean rooms with nice flat screen tvs, fridge, microwave. I also had a lake view room with a balcony. Check in experience went well. It was quick and the staff were friendly.

The downside is the casino in the hotel. There were a lot of dejected chain-smoking locals frequenting the casino. That led to a pervasive smoke smell throughout the hallways. There are also security cameras everywhere. I heard one of the camera motors running as it swiveled to follow me down the hallway. Creepy!

Despite the casino, and the crowd and security scene that comes with it, I still liked this place. It is fine if you're traveling on business or going to spend a couple of nights in Polson while on a road trip. It's a solid value for the price, clean rooms, great location (you should definitely get a lake view room.)

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed February 18, 2012

No service at all...had to get our own silverware in the restaurant, food sat in the window until it got cold while the waiter did his side work. Local kids filled the pool area and ran through the halls yelling while the mom was upstairs drinking the complimentary coffee in the lobby. Dirty, dirty, dirty! From the front entrance to the restsurant to the bathrooms. Don't waste your money!

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank avidtraveler52
Lorissa H, Front Office Manager at KwaTaqNuk Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to begin by thanking you for your recent review of our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. At Best Western we strive every day to provide a superior customer experience. I am sorry we weren’t able to do that for you. We will use the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we provide a better experience in the future.

Since your recent review we have enforced our policies for our pool area. We have also made our department managers aware of your concerns for both areas to ensure that these issues are dealt with immediately.

If there is anything further I may personally assist you with, please feel free to contact me directly.

Thank you again, and I hope you will consider staying with us in the near future so we may provide you with superior customer service.

Hotel Management

Reviewed February 3, 2012

Great value, clean well appt. rooms, and most of all fabulous staff make this a slam dunk for business or pleasure. I travel alot and this place stands head and shoulders above the rest.

Room Tip: Go for the 3rd floor. Great lake views!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 24, 2012

We will definitely go back, often. Nice romantic getaway.

Absolutely fantastic service. All employees had great, helpful attitude.

My main concern is always cleanliness. Room was very clean. Unplugged heater because I need quiet to sleep.

Read other reviews and followed advice of another guest who stated she enjoyed her meals overlooking the water. We enjoyed lights reflecting on water at dinner and beautiful sunrise over the mountains across the lake at breakfast.

Not a big restaurant at the motel. Rather than a continental breakfast buffet, the breakfast that was included with the room was a choice of 5 menu items. My husband had thick french toast and huge sausage links. I had eggs, hashbrowns, sausage links and english muffin.

If you want more than just a room overlooking the parking lot where you have to keep your curtains closed because people are constantly walking by your window, this is the motel for you.

Probably the best motel for the price I have ever visited.

And, no, I do not have any interest in this motel. We just travel a lot and have had so many bad experiences. I am a witch and have left more than one motel in the middle of the night.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 132 overlooking the water. Requested a quiet room on the water.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 30, 2011

the hotel was very nice and the service provided to us by the front desk was excellent. The only exception was the smell of cigarettes throughout the hotel. Very evident as you enter the front doors of the hotel.

Room was very clean, nice and the view was also beautiful. Our first time in Polson, MT, to spend Thanksgiving with our son who is attending college in the area. Due to the time difference (my son and I are from Alaska) we were not able to eat at the continental breakfast so I don't have any comments to share regarding the continental breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Polson
Red Lion Inn & Suites Ridgewater Polson
Swan Hill Bed & Breakfast
Ninepipes Lodge
Ninepipes Lodge
#1 of 2 in Charlo

Been to KwaTaqNuk Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!