“By far the Best BBQ!! Must have while in Polson”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cherries Bbq Pit

Cherries Bbq Pit
Ranked #1 of 45 Restaurants in Polson
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: At Cherries BBQ Pit we slow cook all our meat for many hours on the wood smoker with fruitwood. Everything is homemade and handmade daily, so it may vary slightly. From the rub on our meat (herbs & spices), homemade barbeque sauces to every side dish. We do it all. We have a few options for you when ordering. We have drive thru, pick up your BBQ for takeout, indoor deck dining or have a picnic outside on the lawn or at our picnic tables. Our hours are 11:00 am until sold out. Call ahead ordering is also an option, perfect when out on the lake. We are located across from the Polson liquor store just 2 blocks from the lake. Look for the BBQ flags.
“By far the Best BBQ!! Must have while in Polson”
Reviewed August 18, 2014

We stop at this place every time we are in Polson. Fantastic flavor with friendly and fast service. You can't ask for better then that. Their food is so fresh and the specials are always worth having.
We highly recommend this place. It's worth the drive from Missoula.

Polson, Montana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Texans KNOW good barbecue - Cherries is GOOD barbecue!”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

One thing a Texan knows for sure is good Barbecue. Cherries Bbq is outstanding.

My wife and I have enjoyed both take out and dining in. Either way the service is always personal and friendly. We have eaten sandwiches and meat plates alike. The menu selection is large enough to offer variety yet small enough to let you be fast, focused, and intentional when choosing what to eat.

Their servings are generous and the pricing more than fair. The brisket sandwich served on a toasted poorboy bun with one of their sweet and tangy bbq sauces is stellar. The chicken is tender and baked beans some of the best we have tasted. Truth be known, I am not usually one to like mustard on anything; however, Cherries mustard dill potato salad has me rethinking mustard.

As a manager of a Bed and Breakfast I look for consistently great restaurants that I can recommend to my guests. Sadly, I can't in good conscience suggest many of the eateries nearby. I have put Cherries on the top of my list for fantastic fast casual dining. And so far, my guests have reported back that they agree with my assessment of this charming place!
Just one more thing: As best as this Texan understands it…good bbq brisket is supposed have some fat on it. The fat adds flavor.

1 Thank SwanBB
Bozeman, MT
“Always Going Back!”
Reviewed August 16, 2014

We live on Flathead Lake and frequently have large crowds visiting. Cherries is perfect for take-out for a large crowd! For $25, we get enough to feed three or four folks and everything is made from scratch. the ribs are amazing. We had one crowd where we ordered 4 dinners and it was super easy to call them ahead of time to pre-order, and just go through their drive-up window to fetch the dinners. We pooled our money and realized it was only $6-$8 per head. You can't beat that! (note: I do make corn bread to embellish the dinner). Polson has pretty paltry choices for restaurants, so we keep going back to Cherries for their great food!

sask
“some of the best!”
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

I smoke meat at home all the time...wanted to try this place because we dont have great bbq close to where I live. This place was out standing! Had the ribs with traditional bbq sauce, fries and potato salad. All outstanding. A shame not to try if your rolling through polson.

Visited August 2014
Calgary, Canada
“Marginable at best”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

The Beef Brisket Sandwich was a FAT FILLED disgusting meal. My husbands pulled pork was better but still not great. The potato salad was was overdone with mustard and dill, the brown beans from a can would be better. Not worth the money to eat here.

Visited July 2014

Been to Cherries Bbq Pit? Share your experiences!