“The meatloaf must have been famous for......”
Review of 4B's

4B's
Ranked #33 of 46 Restaurants in Polson
Cuisines: American
Hawaii
“The meatloaf must have been famous for......”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

...being cold and almost tasteless. I really thought meatloaf was a safe choice I was wrong. My husband did enjoy his hot turkey sandwich.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank kanikani2

Cranbrook, Canada
“Fair family food place”
Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

Everything was good. Service good only complaint was a bit noisy but it is a highway family resturant on a Saturday so I guess it should be.

Montana
“Average. Very average.”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I eat at 4Bs every week or two, on a rotation with 3-4 other restaurants I will eat at. IF you choose carefully, you can have a fair meal here. Over 50% of the menu is deep fried or "battered". Yuck. Avoid these. Stick with things that have to be made fresh or the salad bar. The prices are fair and service is adequate for a cafe. Two people can eat for under $15-- not bad.
By the way, the reviewer who had a fit over $2.00--get a life. You were keeping tired people from going home. I hope you tipped your "very polite" waitress?

• Visited July 2012
“Alright”
Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

Food is moderate depending on what you get and also depending on the cook who is there. Prices are not bad and service can be better on some days over the other.

Driggs, Idaho
“terrible, TERRIBLE experience”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

For two days now I have been contemplating whether or not to write to the owner of the 4B's franchise(s). My experience drove me to the internet to search for eatery options, and I came across this site! So, here is my "review". Just the other day (Saturday, June 23, 2012) I was making the trip from southeastern Idaho to northern Montana, which I do many times to see my children and grandchildren. At Missoula I debated stopping to eat, or make it to Polson to 4B's which would be closing at 11pm and I would arrive at about 9:45pm. Polson and JB's won the debate. I would eat, enjoy some coffee, then get on my way for my final three hours of driving. I always open the menu and look for a "Senior" section. Ah-ha! There it was. And, ah, yes! They had a meatloaf dinner... just what I was hoping for. The waitress approached, I pointed to the selection on the menu and said, "I am so glad to see you have exactly what I was hoping for... the Senior Meatloaf". The waitress was pleasant, accommodating, and efficient. She refilled my coffee, brought my meal... even apologized because, "The meatloaf comes out so quickly, by the time I had your salad ready, your dinner was ready." That's okay. I noticed that there was also a small container of corn on my plate. I thought I only got two sides and had ordered mashed potatoes and salad, making sure that salad was a choice of the two sides. "Yes, it is," my polite waitress had answered. She refilled my coffee and said, "and I'll bring you a dinner roll in just a minute." Well, what a nice touch, I thought. Now, I've worked in restaurants for over 30 years and I know at closing the cook or waitress may add this or that to the plate rather than tossing it out at the end of the day. I was glad I had made the choice to drive the extra hour for my late dinner.

At 10:50 p.m. I heard the cashier, who "just happened" to be standing near my table, say to my waitress, "Just 10 minutes 'til 'checkout'." I thought to myself, anyone who has any experience in cooking or serving knows that "closed at 11" does not mean "go home at 11", and that is a very rude thing to say in front of your "guests". Next, the waitress approached me again, and very politely but uncomfortably asked me if I would mind allowing her to cash me out. I knew that the cashier had pressured her. I told her I did not mind at all and handed her my credit card (which I hate to do nowadays - let my credit card get out of my sight). When she brought back my receipt it seems a bit higher than I had expected, so I asked for the breakdown receipt which she found and brought to me. I had been charged $8.50 for my dinner rather than the $6.95 posted on the menu. I asked her about it and she replied, "Oh! I'm sorry. I forgot there were two." She went back to the cashier to correct the mistake, and returned saying there was nothing they could do about it because they had closed the til. "Well, they can reverse the charge, or void it and re-enter it... there ARE things that can be done." Back to the cashier she went, and this time the cashier came to my table. She also said nothing could be done and I had actually received the larger order, so that is what I was charged for. I explained that I did not ORDER the "larger" order, I ordered from the Senior Menu. She asked if I had just pointed to it, or had I "told" the waitress? I said, "I can't believe this. I hope you are not the manager." She stated that she was not, so I said I wanted to speak with the manager. A few moments later another very pleasant woman approached me. She also explained that the waitress did not realize I had ordered the Senior portion. I said I pointed to it and stated what I was ordering, I don't know how I could be mistaken. But you charge the customer for what they order, not what comes out of the kitchen! To shorten the story, the manager tried to appease both "sides", and offered me a $2.00 cash back, which I accepted. But, I do not want to EVER experience such a thing again. I will avoid 4B's in Polson like the PLAGUE. I have researched and found several higher rated restaurants in Polson which I now look forward to trying out!

Visited June 2012

Been to 4B's? Share your experiences!