“Montana thai?”
Review of Hot Spot Thai Cafe

Hot Spot Thai Cafe
Ranked #15 of 50 Restaurants in Polson
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Authentic and tasty Thai food at reasonable prices. Ambiance so-so, but location next to Flathead Lake is priceless!

There are newer reviews for Hot Spot Thai Cafe

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Had red & green curry, phad thai, and pork dish--all were excellent! What a great surprise in this little town!

Reviewed August 7, 2012

I live in Polson and am really glad this place has stayed in business so long because Polson doesn't have many dining choices. I also travel frequently in Asia, so I know what real Asian food tastes like. I have become increasingly disappointed with the food at Hot Spot. This can only be described as great Thai food by someone who has never eaten real Thai food. The curries are soupy and loaded with starch to make them seem creamy- very little real coconut milk flavor. The Pad Thai is a joke-- NOTHING like real Thai. The stir fries aren't bad, but onion ( cheap) is the most prevalent vegetable. Also every time I have eaten there, the mushrooms in the food look like they were 2 weeks old, and I've had an upset stomach a couple times. When they first opened, the food was fairly good. Now it's nothing special-- many shortcuts, not really authentic. I want to like it- I love Thai food and cook it often. I ate there last week after not having been for about a year, and I won't go back for another year. I had a 'house special', "Tiger Cry Beef Salad" the beef was very tough, and there were hardly any vegetables except onion and a few green beans. It's just not worth the price and disappointment.

1  Thank shezonit
Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

A pleasant surprise to find a thai place here. Food was really great and spice level was right on.

Reviewed May 18, 2012

The Tom yum soup was huge. Food was god and reasonably priced. Huge plate of fried rice.