“Not the best but better than most”
Review of Flathead Lake Inn

Flathead Lake Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Polson
Flathead Lake Inn
Ranked #3 of 4 Polson B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 13, 2011

We stayed here for the weekend of 9/9-9/11. The staff was friendly. Small room- didn't expect the microwave and mini-fridge which was nice. Unfortunalty, we were in the back with a very distant view of the lake. There was a bar on the hill and on a friday night we could hear the booming music until about 2am. Also, got a knock on the door around 9am for room service. We told her to wait a bit and left for breakfast a few minutes later only to return hours later and find she hadn't cleaned up our room or provided us with clean towels, sheets, changed garbages, etc. Good enough for the money though but would like to stay closer to the lake next time.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Flathead Lake Inn

Reviewed September 5, 2011

We made an impromptu trip to Polson without reservations Labor Day weekend. Stopped by a few other motels in town and got a price quote, then called this Inn. Was immediately offered corporate rate for my union, and given excellent customer service with a smile over the phone. The rate beat everyone in town! When we showed up to check in, we were greeted by friendly staff and OREOS on the check-in counter. My daughter loved that! The room was out the back but we were pleasantly surprised by the gorgeous view of rolling green hills, hazy mountains and houses that blended into the landscape. Kind of looked like France in the setting sun. Our bed was very comfortable, the room was quaint but exactly all we needed. The continental breakfast was well stocked and varied. I think the only thing I would have added at breakfast would be hard boiled eggs and Tabasco for protein. Coffee was great though. Even so, a Safeway is across the road that just so happens to have a Starbucks in it. The only Starbucks in those parts, too! One last thing, in the back field is a fabulous old apple tree that bore hundreds of apples, birds tweeting and flying happily around. I actually picked a perfect worm free apple from it. I sat and read my book in the morning sun, sipped my coffee from one of the chairs provided. VERY RELAXING.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2011

stayed here for 2 months. $21 a day...former super 8. they allow pets...great people, clean, very affordable for peak season. close to lake, cafes....not the ritz, but most certainly safe, clean, and accomodating.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Clean room right on Flathead Lake. I asked to be on ground floor, but if you are in the upstairs in the back you would have a nice view of the lake. Good clean breakfast buffet with the usual cereals, juice, waffles, danish, etc. Employees all very pleasant and friendly.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed July 8, 2011

Great value. Room was very acceptable. Everything was clean and in working order. Staff was friendly, breakfast great, lobby nice. Great view of the area ! Would definitely stay here again !

Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 5, 2011

I stayed over 7/3 - 7/4 and had a great room! Patio, Fridge, microwave a nice room with plenty of room and clean! Staff was helpful, friendly and the breakfast was huge!

I had none of the experiences others listed here. It's a nice motel but they won't put up with partiers and maybe that was the problem with others that reviewed this inn.

Room Tip: Had room 103 with a patio and 2 queen beds, there only 5 rooms like that i believe.. I would stay ag...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 29, 2010

Management was very unpleasant to deal with. Unexpected charges charged to our credit card. I was charged for a second room that I cancelled well within their cancellation policy. When I emailed them about it they said that I didn't cancel it. When I provided proof of my cancellation they did not respond to my emails. Think twice before making a reservation at this inn!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Svenswife
Management response:Responded October 4, 2010

When booking on line you are required to agree to policies. When you receive 2 confirmations for booking 2 rooms with 2 different confirmation numbers, you will need to receive 2 cancellation numbers for 2 rooms. 1 cancellation number doesn't work for 2 reservations. The fact that you have never stayed at this establishment makes the date of stay that you listed, August 2010, erroneous at best.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Polson
Red Lion Inn & Suites Ridgewater Polson
#5 of 9 in Bigfork
Ninepipes Lodge
Ninepipes Lodge
#1 of 2 in Charlo

Been to Flathead Lake Inn? Share your experiences!