“Great Eats in the Woods”

Northern Lights Saloon and Cafe
Ranked #2 of 3 Restaurants in Polebridge
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Truro, Massachusetts
“Great Eats in the Woods”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

After kayaking on Kintla Lake the Northern Lights was perfect cold local beer, try Good Medicine, An elk burger with home made potato salad and huckleberry pie, can't beat it. People are nice, the area is spectacular( a ways of the beaten path) but well worth it.

• Visited September 2013

north georgia
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

This was our second visit to the Northern Lights Saloon. Great food, great service and a fantastic setting. The drive to Polebridge isn't bad and anyone in the Glacier National Park area should make the trip to Polebridge and try this restaurant. It opens at 4pm but there are several great hiking trails in the area to fill your day with.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank gigi000
Menlo, Georgia
“So worth the drive!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stopped here after driving up to Polbridge and on to Lake Bowman, where we hiked the Quartz Lake Trail. So after all that we were pretty hungry. What a delightful place to eat! We both had the bison burger with different toppings and they were delicious. But before that we got glasses of wine from the bar, sat outside on the picnic tables and chatted with folks from Canada. What fun! It is so relaxed and casual here, which we really enjoyed. The Polebridge Road was just fine from the intersection with the Camus Road, so don't let tales of a bad road keep you from experiencing this restaurant and the rest that Polebridge has to offer.

Martinez, California
“Fun and delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

After driving on 50 miles of dirt road in the park, we were hungry and ready to eat. The staff was friendly, immediately making us feel like regulars. The pie was OMG good! Then went to mercantile next door - which had the most unbelievable bread and pastry. We got a loaf for breakfast. Restaurant is seasonal (closes 9/15 this year). And the store closes dec1-April 2. Well worth a trip!

Baltimore, MD
“Best Huckleberry Pie EVER”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

I had read about this place on TripAdvisor, and wanted to try it while we were exploring the Bowman/Kintla Lake area. My husband and I and two children walked in for dinner just as a summer thunderstorm was starting. We were lucky enough to be seated immediately (there are only 6 tables inside, so keep this in mind when you go!). The staff was slightly disorganized (3 people came to get our drink order), but they were all really friendly and welcoming. The atmosphere is very cozy, and the Polebridge area is GORGEOUS. I had an elk burger, which was DELICIOUS, and my husband had the trout, which was very good. I ordered huckleberry pie for dessert, and my children split the huckleberry brownie sundae. I have had MANY pieces of huckleberry pie in my life, but this was the best I have EVER eaten. It was the best PIE I have ever eaten. It was so good, I am still dreaming about it even a week later. The huckleberry brownie sundae was also amazingly good, but not as good as the pie. I wish they would FedEx me a pie!