“Rustic room in beautiful countryside”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Polaris
Montana High Country Lodge
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Finding this place is a challenge as a lot of Montana isn't on my GPS.

Once I arrived, I was made very welcome and given dinner.

There only thing in the room is the bed and a chair, but you come up here to switch off, not plug in!

The great outdoors is the name of the game here. You can hunt, fish, ride snowmobiles or bikes and much more. It's pretty much an outdoorsy dream.

The bed, pillows, shower and towels were all fine.

Breakfast was a continental buffet.

It's a beautiful part of the world and Russ & Karen know how to show it off.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed November 20, 2011

I have a bit of history with Montana High Country Lodge, as my husband and I were married there several years ago, and it was totally fantastic place to hold such an event. I've since recommended it to friends, family and various acquintances that are traveling through the area. The accommodations are a fabulous value. The rooms are huge and very comfortably furnished. I would normally expect to pay at least twice the amount for similar accommodations and amenities. If you're traveling with kids, there are also special rooms for families that are even larger with additional beds. The downstairs is equipped with games and toys to keep kids happy if you find yourself there on a rainy day. The lobby is comfortable and cosy with stunning views and surrounded on all sides by covered decks and patios which make it a great destination in any weather. It's a fantastic place to sit and relax after taking advantage of the many recreational opportunities (hiking, skiing snowmobiling, hunting, fishing, horseback riding - you name it!) in the area. The down to home meals are served buffet style and are well-prepared. Russ and Karen are responsive hosts and long-time residents who are knowledgeable about the area and who can answer your questions about almost everything.

A hidden gem that's worth a special trip and a great place for families or a romantic weekend!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
6  Thank XtraBlu
Reviewed May 21, 2011

My wife and I were looking for a clean, quiet, smoke free B&B where we could enjoy Montana's transformation from winter to spring. A friend told us about Montana High County Lodge near Polaris, MT and thought it would fit our desires.

I found them on the internet and called to make reservations. No one answered the phone so I left a message. I got a return call from the lodge within a couple hours. We made reservations for a couple nights the following week.

When we drove up the lane to the lodge we saw several antelope on the property, Montana wildlife is exactly what we were hoping to see on our trip. When we pulled up to the lodge there were more antelope on the front lawn as well as many Canadian geese.

The lodge is clean and spacious, we checked into a guestroom that had a very comfortable king bed in it. The lodge has the perfect B&B atmosphere; private bedrooms with bathrooms in each, large open space grandroom with beautiful stone fireplace and surround covered porches.

When we got the tour of the lodge we walked out on an upper deck where we could see a couple hundred elk, honestly a couple hundred elk! We spend several hours a day watching them from the porch and deck the next couple days. At one time several of the elk were at the pond within a 100 yards of the lodge. The nesting geese at the pond were making all sores of noise but the elk just fed on the new growth grass.

There were 4 other guests staying at the lodge the same time we were their. However we saw very little of them, as they were fishing during the day with the in house guide service at Montana High Country Lodge.

What a great place, clean, comfortable, reasonably priced, excellent family style meals and million dollar views of the Pioneer Mountains and Montana's wildlife.

Room Tip: Excellent views from all rooms.