“Great New Menu”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Polaris
The Grasshopper Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Polaris B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

The Grasshopper Inn's new menu is mouthwatering, delightful, and beautifully presented. From the bison & beef meatball trio appetizer, to the almond encrusted trout with huckleberry compote to the elegant and savory Shepards pie, hand cut ribeye's and more, the all new menu quality is a delightful surprise. As rural folks, we are so happy our nearest restaurant is now a great place to take family and friends for a truly nice meal. And the scenic byway view always is lovely.

• Stayed: May 2014
ChefSamWatkins, Manager at The Grasshopper Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Thank you for those kind words! We appreciate you coming in and enjoying our new menu, we've worked very hard to make sure it's the best food in Montana (well, at least SW Montana)!

Reviewed April 19, 2014

I have been to the Grasshopper Inn 3 times since January. It is very clean and has a wonderful homey atmosphere. The staff were very helpful and nice. It is nice to have a restaurant and full bar as part of the Inn. The mountains are beautiful and the view is spectacular from any where there but the front deck of the Lodge is the best. Sitting there with a hot cup of coffee or cider and just enjoying the scenery is good for the soul. The rates are very reasonable and so is the cost of the food and drinks. The food is awesome and they are adding new things to their menu. The Chef and Manager are cool. They want everyone to have a good time and enjoy the food and their stay. If you have the chance you need to visit the Grasshopper.

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the lodge have better internet.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
ChefSamWatkins, Manager at The Grasshopper Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Leigh!
Thanks for the kind words. You know everyone here loves having you around, and you're so right about the views from the front porch! Its beautiful and sunny out today and the snow is starting to really leave us. Next time you come out it should be as green as can be!

Reviewed March 16, 2014

A gem in the beautiful Grasshopper valley of MT. We had a small business meeting there with guests from across the country and we all had a great time, the NEW staff and manager did a great job and were very warm and friendly. The food was excellent, they would prepare and cook anything we requested. The rooms were clean and comfortable. This kind of experience of simple comfort in a unique setting is fast disappearing in America, if your looking for a national chain experience with Sysco pre-prepared foods over 12 months old, then stay with the chains.
We will return!

Room Tip: Some have been renovated recently, ask for one of those. Be sure to eat the BLT, best in a while.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
ChefSamWatkins, Manager at The Grasshopper Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Hey thanks for coming out! We really enjoyed having you all out here, and we hope to see you again soon! Let us know if there's anything we can do to help Duckworth!

Reviewed January 2, 2014

We stayed for two nights, what a nightmare!! I have gone here since the late 70's. I have nothing good to say. Service was rude, room was filthy. We pre ordered our food as it was a birthday party, family get together. Was told by Harvey that the chicken was sold out from under us, so sorry. Walked up behind Liz complaining that they are booked and we are a pain in her.... I could keep going on. We shall never return, it was that bad!! Even the kids commented on how dirty the place was and rudeness of the staff. Went to check out and let them know the key didn't work(didn't say anything before as the staff was very obvious about there dislike for us) Was told they gave us the wrong key, wanted me to pay for everything AGAIN! It was not wrote anywhere on the reciept that it was paid for. The adult that had paid had a sick two year old and left the day before for the er, he is doing much better! She had the reciepts, oh yeah, totally my fault that Harvey was still asleep(10:30am) and hadn't wrote paid down anywhere, one verrrrry mad employee, slammed down the paper, slammed the door because I wouldn't pay again and she had to wake up Harvey.......I just walked out the door and we will take our business elsewhere. Not sure who V Nine LLC is, listed owners, but perhaps the should try some version of undercover boss?

Room Tip: Don't go
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank TK1962
ChefSamWatkins, Manager at The Grasshopper Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Hi, my name is Sam Watkins, and I'm the new chef up at the Grasshopper. George, the new General Manager, and I would like to invite you back to give us another shot at impressing you. I understand that your expectations were not met, and I am truly sorry to hear that. I hope we can convince you to come visit again, and try the new menu. Please feel free to contact me here at the Inn at 406-834-3456.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

My daughter and I were traveling from Spokane, WA with her 2 boys, ages 7 and 9 to do fun things in Montana. What a lucky
find The Grasshopper Inn was. We first reserved a cabin at Elkhorn Hot Springs, but it was rustic with no water or bathroom. When we had second thoughts they suggested The Grasshopper Inn. Can I say straight off that the boys loved this place. It is very close to Crystal Park, where they had a wonderful time searching for crystals and they found quite a few. The fee per car is only $5.00 and you can keep any crystals you find. I actually found a clear one with a point under a log I was sitting on!
Then we went into the pools at Elkhorn Hot Springs right on our way back to the motel.
There is a wonderful old bar at the Grasshopper and a nice restaurant - oh and a 3 machine "casino" where I amazlinlgly won $50. They helped the boys wash their crystals and had a place set up to do it. We felt comfortable letting them roam with "Schmeagle" the beagle. The rooms were very clean and the beds were comfortable. You might want to bring a hair dryer and there is no cell phone service. There is tv in each room. Everyone is so friendly - you will taste the real Montana.

Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We live in the Grasshopper Valley and went to the Inn for Mother's Day dinner. It was excellent and everything was beautiful and inviting for the mothers who are treated there for dinner. Love Eric the cook and Patrick the bartender and waiter. Great dinner and thoroughly enjoyed our time spent there. Kudos!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank grasshoppermt
Reviewed December 20, 2012

food is good, but the people that work there they talk nasty about you all the time,they do not know how to talk nice,they sit there and get drunk and talk on certain people. and that is all i have to say about that for now.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Karen S

Been to The Grasshopper Inn? Share your experiences!