“Wouldn't send my worst enemy here!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Gold Dollar

Gold Dollar
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Plentywood
Gold Dollar
Ranked #1 of 2 Plentywood B&B and Inns
“Wouldn't send my worst enemy here!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

This place is above a noisy bar and I'm pretty sure the creepy guys smoking out back were not smoking regular cigarettes. We had to go into the aforementioned bar to register for our room...not ideal...there were some fights going on before and after we checked in and we saw a police car arrive. The room was supposed to be non-smoking but we could smell that it had been used by smokers recently. Supposedly the rooms had been remodeled but you couldn't prove it by the room we stayed in. Help from the front desk (in the bar) was nonexistent. The only good thing we have to say about this place is that our car wasn't stolen during the night. Don't stay here unless the other motel in town is full.

• Stayed January 2013
4 Thank FarmersDaughter13

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Regina, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stayed there for 3 nights. Clean room, good food and wonderful staff. Enjoyed visiting the bar for a drink or two each evening. Staff was always cheerful and seemed to really enjoy their jobs. I will definately stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank CountryMom1976
Billings, Montana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

I'm from Plentywood and so I know about both places that there are to stay when I return to the area. This is by far the cleaner and nicer of the two. It has a fantastic restaurant attached but is a little nosier due to being attached to the bar. I still prefer it over the Sherwood Inn which is much more expensive and not anywhere near as nice.

Room Tip: If you get one of the newer remodeled rooms you'll be extremely happy.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank MM12341
Fort Wayne, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2012

With very limited lodging in the area and a huge oil boom, I was thankful to get a place to sleep for a week. However, to say that this room was remodeled is not exactly true. The room was as clean as they could get it I think, but it was very hot with no air conditioning. People were mostly nice. Food in the restaurant was pretty good but fairly expensive. Small town and quiet. Overall the room did its job.

Room Tip: Ask specifically for a nonsmoking room if you don't smoke!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Rich T
Ethos
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2012

It's by no means fancy. Apparently this is the first hotel built in Plentywood about 100 years ago. You can tell. Not that that's a bad thing. You get a feeling of the rowdy old west. You have to go into the bar to check-in. They don't have very many rooms, and yes, they are small, but they are neat & clean. The help is great and the atmosphere is fun. I have to travel to Plentywood a couple times a year for work. I made a mistake and tried the other place, but from now on I'll always stay at the Gold Dollar Lodge.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Mr N

Been to Gold Dollar? Share your experiences!