“The Pros: not dirty, the Cons: no phones and see more”
Review of Sherwood Inn

Sherwood Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Plentywood
Sherwood Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Plentywood B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Not much choice in this remote town and this place seems to know it. Tiny rooms. No closets or drawer space, no phones in the rooms of their NEW building..... After asking they did come up with a hair dryer and iron along with a warning not to steal it. Lrts just say They are taking full advantage of the oil boom in the area....... And it was not dirty

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank epomer
There are newer reviews for Sherwood Inn

Reviewed May 17, 2013

I was driving from AK to FL with a dog. I had planned on saying In Regina SK but due to the Oil boom all the rooms were filled. So after driving for 19 hours and dealing with a late spring snow storm I took a chance and crossed the border here at Plentywood MT and not at Portal ND and I'm glad I did. The front desk staff was amazing at 3am and they are VERY dog friendly here. The room was very clean and the bed was amazing. Like other people have said the room did not have a fridge or coffee maker but that would not deter me from staying here again. After paying $140-220 a night in Canada for similar rooms I felt like $98 for the room was acceptable.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I would like to thank the Sherwood Inn and its employees for making my stay very enjoyable. They did everything they could to accommodate me. The previous night I stayed in Williston, ND. If you think the price is too much, try going to Williston and getting a room. The oil boom has really ballooned the price of hotel rooms in the area. With that in mind, I believe it was well worth the price of my hotel room. There new addition is unbelievably nice. When I come back, I will be requesting the same room. Great stay. Great employees. Great service. Great rooms. Thanks again.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in the "Nottingham"
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank DaleRamerth
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We were stuck in Plentywood Montana for 3 days in a Spring snowstorm. We had the good fortune to happen across the Sherwood Inn. First, the front desk staff was very helpful and the desk is open 24 hours a day. They serve a nice little continental breakfast and have coffee in the lobby anytime. We were also given a free newspaper. The room was cozy and clean and the beds comfortable. The shower strength was an added bonus. It was nice to have a restaurant and lounge right there too since we couldn't travel due to the weather. All in all, we would be glad to stay here again and will the next time in Plentywood..intentionally.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Snowbirdy58
Reviewed May 3, 2013

After working in the Bakken fields for two years, we were transfered to the Plentywood area and were pleasantly surprised by this accomodating hotel and the prices were $40+ less than previous locations. The staff went out of their way to make sure we knew the lay of the land and on one trip even walked my dog while I was in the field. We had a variety of rooms to pick from including apartments with full kitchens, double and single rooms. Most rooms have frigs, flat screen tv's, and are very clean. Not all rooms have coffee makers, which we would liked, but have unlimited coffee in lobby and we use our thermos to take back to room.

Room Tip: You can request rooms with frig and microwave for your extended stays.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Love the front desk staff! They were very humorous. The rooms were very clean. We had a refrigerator and a coffee maker in our room, that was the first we saw in our trek across small town America. We stayed in the old wing one night and were more then happy. Then they moved us to the new wing (I think they liked us). The new wing was beyond expectations. We got the room with the beautiful horse art! We appreciated the restaurant just across the way. The people there were nice. You could tell the other customers don't see a lot of strangers. We loved Sherwood Inn and their respect for dogs.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I would not recommend this hotel because of the price. The hotel has 2 locations; the one we stayed in is called the Plains (Hotel?) and is across the street and down from the main office. While the room was warm and clean and we did get a good sleep, there were several things missing from a hotel that costs over $100/night for a married couple. We had soap and towels, TV, microwave and fridge....but no phone, no cups, no coffee maker...all things that I would expect for this price.

Room Tip: My advice....stay in a town with more choices.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank eigonosensay

Been to Sherwood Inn? Share your experiences!