“The best in an area of poor choices”
Review of Sherwood Inn

Sherwood Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Plentywood
Sherwood Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Plentywood B&B and Inns
Braselton, Georgia
“The best in an area of poor choices”
Reviewed November 8, 2011

This is an area thatis short of room sdue to the expanding oil industry.We needed a place to stay while traveling through and this was the best choice.

Room Tip: You need to have a room onthe top floor the plumbingis noisyand the other worker /guests get up at 6...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Dan K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
MD
Reviewed October 8, 2011

Extremely friendly service. No smoking hotel. Complimentary continental breakfast. Clean. Comfortable. The wireless signal is weak, there is no gym, this is a minimal frills place. They allow dogs for an additional $5 a night.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank GwenMd
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 12, 2011

My husband's great grandfather left Wisconsin- loaded his farm machinery and cattle- traveled to Dooley, Montana and bought a wheat farm back in the 1800"s
The Sherwood Inn is a very busy motel- filled with hunters and fishermen that is nice and comfortable. A sign on the door says "asks for rags to clean your muddy boots"
Our trip checked off another item on our bucket list.
thanks-
bev

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank gleiterbjzw
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Reviewed June 21, 2011

We are particular travelers, wanting clean, quiet, comfortable accomodations. We couldn't have asked for better service, the beds were comfortable (and that says a lot cuz we both have back trouble and we never woke up with a back ache), the room was clean. 24 hour coffee in the lobby and an awesome bakery 2 parking lots away, try their maple sticks. And a good restaurant right across the street. It's only fair to consider the area when rating a hotel...a person can not expect valet parking in a small, cowboy town. But you can expect great western hospitality and a wave from every passing vehicle!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
9 Thank pam2246
Fish Springs, USA
Reviewed June 17, 2011

When one doesn't have any competition in the game, one tends to get lazy and rusty. This motel is the only place in town so you have to stay there if you need lodging while in P'wood. My room was clean on the surface but had a strong odor from deep in, dirty carpet and generally shabby. Perhaps the oil patch guys and hunters don't mind but I'll do what I can to avoid the sad lodging. The lady at the desk who checked us in and worked most evenings was very nice, along with housekeeping staff. Beds and linens were okay. No in room coffee.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank McMaverick
Montana
Reviewed October 19, 2010

We visited Froid for their 100 yr/ 4th of July Celebration & this was the only room left with in an hour drive. They have the main hotel & then an overflow building that is across the street & sort of stuck in an ally. This is where we stayed. I didn't like a single thing about it. It was very old inside & out, the bed sagged in the middle, the curtains were very thin so the light woke you around 5am. I dared not walk on the carpet in bare feet. We had an infant with us who already was a light sleeper, but we could hear the every noise outside so she woke regularly. Unfortunately it was the 4th, so the apartments next door (a stones throw away) were lighting off fireworks until around midnight & it sounded as though we were sitting right next to them. One morning I stopped in for the free continental breakfast hoping for a piece of toast or something simple. It was 1/2 hr before the closing time & the desk clerk was already packing things up. There was a loaf of bread she hadn't got to yet so I asked about it & she said that was all. I noticed a little juice cup left & decided that would be nice but before I got to it she grabbed it and left. So I nicely asked if there was juice, as though I didn't know, and she rolled her eyes with a slight answer of some sort & then came back & nearly tossed it on the counter without any eye contact. I left fast & there was no salutation as I left. I've stayed in old cheap hotels in the past, and mind you, I don't like them, but this was probably the worst one & worst experience. YUK!

Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank HealthnutTraveler

Been to Sherwood Inn? Share your experiences!