“Class Act”
Review of Silver Mill

Silver Mill
Ranked #1 of 11 Restaurants in Philipsburg
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Fine dining in a cozy, family friendly atmosphere.
Reviewed October 1, 2012

The new owners have done an excellent job with this place! We both had the sausage and potato soup before the meal, I have never had soup so good. I had the salmon blackened and almost fell out of my chair after the first bite....wow! My boyfriend had the shrimp and scallops and you get alot more than what you pay for, and of course I kept stealing bites of his, it was very, very good! Service is wonderful and Chef Tony comes and visits tables to see how everyone is liking their meal.....Class Act!! Can't wait to go back for my birthday meal in a few weeks!

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Who knew that you could find fine dining in a small town more known for it's theater, candy store, and mining heritage? We happened into The Silver Mill after a local recommendation. While the sign still says saloon, the new owners have turned this quaint establishment into a fine casual restaurant that happens to have a bar rather than the other way around. The atmosphere is casual but the quality of the food almost makes you feel underdressed. I had the Pasta Primivera since I was in the mood for red-sauce Italian. At, I think, $14, it was actually the least expensive entree on the menu but worth twice the price. The most expensive item, a huge rib eye steak was still under $30, as I recall. My wife had a sea food pasta dish with lots of scallops and shrimp. Topping this off with a nice and reasonably price bottle of Chianti and the meal was as good as any I have ever had. The staff was friendly and helpful and the chef, Anthony, paid a visit to our table to make sure everything was to our liking. This was the type of establishment I would expect in a big city or resort town with pricing at a multiple of what we paid. It's definitely worth a visit if you are in Philipsburg or a drive if you are anywhere within a hour of it.