“An unexpected surprise.”
Review of Silver Mill

Silver Mill
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Philipsburg
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Fine dining in a cozy, family friendly atmosphere.
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Who knew that you could find fine dining in a small town more known for it's theater, candy store, and mining heritage? We happened into The Silver Mill after a local recommendation. While the sign still says saloon, the new owners have turned this quaint establishment into a fine casual restaurant that happens to have a bar rather than the other way around. The atmosphere is casual but the quality of the food almost makes you feel underdressed. I had the Pasta Primivera since I was in the mood for red-sauce Italian. At, I think, $14, it was actually the least expensive entree on the menu but worth twice the price. The most expensive item, a huge rib eye steak was still under $30, as I recall. My wife had a sea food pasta dish with lots of scallops and shrimp. Topping this off with a nice and reasonably price bottle of Chianti and the meal was as good as any I have ever had. The staff was friendly and helpful and the chef, Anthony, paid a visit to our table to make sure everything was to our liking. This was the type of establishment I would expect in a big city or resort town with pricing at a multiple of what we paid. It's definitely worth a visit if you are in Philipsburg or a drive if you are anywhere within a hour of it.