“The Real Deal!”

The Ranch at Rock Creek
Los Angeles, California
“The Real Deal!”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I spent a week at The Ranch at Rock Creek (RC) in in early June with a group a friends, and the trip was truly exceptional. We were greeted in Missoula by one of the RC staff who assisted us with our luggage then drove us to the Ranch in an official RC suburban that comfortably seated all 6 of us and our luggage. From there, the tone of the trip was set and our group was on a high for the next six days. The ranch offers numerous activities so that there is definitely something for everyone. We partook in mountain biking, horseback riding, sporting clays, rafting, archery, fly fishing, and paintball to name a few. Each activity was accompanied by at least one if not multiple guides. I found the guides to be truly experts in their fields and extremely enjoyable to be around. The RC staff also outnumbered the guest count by close to 2 to 1, which contributed the highest level of service that was provided throughout the week and in all areas.

The food, as expected, was top notch, with each meal having multiple choices, all of which were out of this world. The main dinning room is where we ate most meals and the chef was fantastic. I also loved eating lunch at the Blue Canteen after a morning full of activities. It is a comfortable open air space that is casual with great food. Having a big sweet tooth, I loved the homemade cookies and macaroons that were put out after lunch in the Blue Canteen. So good! Cookies and hors d'oeuvres were also provided in the main lodge beginning in the late afternoon. I also had more than my fair share of gourmet s'mores over a perfectly crafted fire

The amenities were truly commensurate with what is expected of a Relais & Chateaux luxury property. Each bedroom was stocked and replenished each day with a variety of drinks and snacks, which seemed to be exactly what I was looking for each time I returned to my room. Anything I might have forgotten was promptly provided, and this included a cowboy hat and pair of boots. The spa was a perfect way to reward oneself after days of activities, and we all loved capping many of our evenings off at the Silver Dollar Saloon, where there is a four-lane bowling alley as well as a movie room. We also enjoyed spending some time relaxing by the pool and just taking in the magnificent views.

Our week on the Ranch absolutely flew by and it was an experience that I unequivocally recommend to anyone looking for a truly unique experience with the highest level of service and amenities.

-Pete V.

Room Tip: There are many different accommodation options, including the most luxurious camping tents/cabins, i...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Pete V

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I had heard about The Ranch at Rock Creek from a friend and based on his rave reviews I simply had to experience the ranch myself. So I arrived with high expectations, and after an exhilarating 6 days I can say that the ranch somehow managed to exceed those expectations.

Over the course of the week we rode horseback, went rafting, shot sporting clays, played paintball, went mountain biking, and more. We had a guide for each activity and I was particularly impressed that they were all true experts in their field. In addition, they were all fun-loving personalities who really meshed well with our group. It’s clear that they love their jobs.

As great as the activities were, it was always rewarding to break for meals and I can attest that the food was AMAZING. I was able to meet the chef and I personally thanked him on multiple occasions for doing such great work. It was always a treat to show up to the dining room on an empty stomach and know he had a great meal in store for us.

All in all, this was the kind of vacation I’ll remember for a lifetime. I give the ranch and its staff an enthusiastic 5 stars and I’ve already been wholeheartedly recommending it to friends.

Thanks, Rock Creek, for an unforgettable vacation!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Andy H
Long Beach, California
Reviewed July 18, 2013

If you're looking for a unique experience, one you will enjoy either as a family or as a couple...this is it! My husband and I have stayed at other luxury dude ranches, but this one takes the cake. We spent three spectacular days at Rock Creek which wasn't long enough. Our kids didn't want to leave, and frankly my husband and I didn't want to either. Never bored for a moment with all the activities offered; archery, fly fishing, horseback riding, shooting, spa and even paintball, which was the kids' favorite. On the other hand, we saw many couples just enjoying the serene surroundings. The cuisine, staff and accommodations were equally outstanding! The super personable and knowledgeable staff seemed genuinely happy to be there. What a piece of paradise! We highly recommend it for an experience of a lifetime!

Danbury, Connecticut
Reviewed July 15, 2013

My wife and I recently spent five days at The Ranch at Rock Creek and the experience was incredible. All of the staff were energetic, knowledgeable and courteous. The accommodations were extremely comfortable and the food, either at the main dining room or at The Canteen, was healthy and delicious. We along with several others of our party enjoyed the mountain biking climb and descent to the highest point on the property. The views are fantastic every step of the way. There are plenty of hiking and biking trails. We also enjoyed the skeet shooting, pistol shooting, fly fishing and horseback riding. My wife spent a few afternoons at the spa, which she loved, shopping at the Mercantile and eventually we all ended up lounging at the pool and hot tub, taking in the never ending beauty of our surroundings. A totally incredible experience !

Room Tip: Staying near the constantly soothing river completes the experience.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This was our first visit to Rock Creek, We had been to Montana before and the setting at the Ranch was ideal for a get away. Staying in the Trapper Cabin was excellent! Just private enough to relax with Rock Creek just a few feet from the front door of the Cabin ,a mile from the other nearest cabins on the Ranch, and about 1.5 miles from the lodge. The staff was among the friendliest and delightful people I had met, most were just there for the season, but all college Grads. The food was excellent, every meal was great.

The Luxury experience, in rustic ranch fashion, was amazing. The activities, Horseback riding, Shooting, Fly Fishing, are able to take it to any level, They were excellent at dealing with complete novices, as well as, doing more challenging activities. The Great Room and the Silver Saloon were great to hang out and have drinks play games.

I can't wait to return there!

Room Tip: If your traveling with the family the Tented cabins near each other are great family fun, the Trapp...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We arrived at the ranch not knowing what to expect especially given the relatively high prices when compared to other ranches & resorts. However, the ranch exceeded our expectations in all areas.

We stayed at the Bear House with 5 bedrooms. The accommodation was very well furnished. Each room had very comfortable beds and good linen and blankets. The kitchen had all the cutleries necessary. We also had a washing machine & dryer which was great to use as we were out everyday and definitely needed a few changes of clothes. The fridge was fully stocked with drinks and they also had red and white wine in the house.

The food was much more European style with smaller portions but great tasting. Dinner was between 3 and 5 course meals depending on the night, but never felt hungry. Actually even with the smaller than normal American portions, we were always full. The wine pairings were good and the range of beers were excellent!

The activities were amazing and the staff always tried to do all they could do accomodate our requests. With 6000 acres of land, there is more than land to do all their activities on the property. We went shooting 3 times, horse riding a few times, fly fishing in the pond and in the creek, paint balling and also took a trip into town to do a ATV tour around the old mines and ghost towns. The most relaxing was a kayak trip on the reservoir.

The service overall was excellent. All their staff seemed genuinely very happy to work and be part of the ranch.

3 Thank Roger L
Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed July 12, 2013

The ranch is set in a beautiful part of Montana and the ranch activities are spread over the property so that you often feel that you are out in the heart of the country. The tented cabins on the edge of a rippling river are a great place to stay. A short walk or bike ride to the lodge, but set so that you almost feel that you are alone. The guides were patient and good teachers even if you had no experience with the activity. The food was delicious. Cocktails at the the top of the world- a high point on the ranch where you can see for miles - was spectacular.

2 Thank Elin H

Been to The Ranch at Rock Creek? Share your experiences!