“Never knew Montana was so beautiful...”

The Ranch at Rock Creek
NYC
“Never knew Montana was so beautiful...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2011

2nd trip and keeps on getting better. If you enjoy the outdoors, no better place to be. Shooting, fishing, riding, hiking, gourmet food, great bar and excellent staff make this one of my favorite resorts in the world.
Luxury tents by the creek, gives you the "outdoor" feeling, while at the same time having all of the comforts of a five star resort.
Bottom line... can't wait for my next trip and would recommend this resort to anyone who enjoys the outdoors in the most luxurious environment possible.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank jackday

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2011

I have NEVER had so much trouble writing a review for Tripadvisor! I am a senior contributor and have written over 50 reviews. My issue is that Tripadvisor does not allow anything to be rated more than 5 stars...Ranch at Rock Creek deserves 100 stars! I have never been to a place as lovely or special as Rock Creek.
Yes, the rates are inordinately expensive...my husband was exceedingly reluctant. I assured him that one truly gets what one pays for (my fingers were crossed that I was going to be right and he wouldn’t feel cheated). I should not have worried...after leaving the Ranch he is hoping we can go back next summer with our teenagers!!! HOORAY!

We felt as if we were living in utopia. The setting is magnificent, private, surreal! Our cottage (The Bluebird) was exceptionally quiet and appointed with the finest of amenities. We had a screened in porch on the creek and we left the doors open 24 hours a day so that we could listen to the rushing waters. The mini bar was stocked with whatever we wanted and we were provided with snacks too. The decor was vintage western themed...a gorgeous bed made from trees, a private water closet, dry sauna, shower replete with rain faucet, free standing soaking tub too. One morning I woke up and opened the door and Sassy the little dwarf horse was literally right outside! The sun was rising over the hill and Sassy is standing right un front of me munching on her breakfast! Lovely!

The food was fabulous! Most refreshing for us was that we never felt that we were gorging on meals. Chef Josh served delicious, satisfying and healthy creations. Cruise ship dining this was not! Breakfasts were delightful, lunches were light and refreshing and dinners were divine! The servers and busboys were sweet and patient and just really fine people!

The activities were plentiful and exciting. Horseback riding, jeep tours, fly fishing, hiking, biking, paintball, pistol shooting and skeet shooting were all available. Any equipment needed to participate was available too (including boots --to get your cowboy mojo going!). Charlie was an incredibly nice guy as were Dylon (a girl not a guy), Hank and Colby!

The shop was magnificent, filled with outstanding luxury items! I bought a pair of boots that Anya designed for the store and had her sign them! I now have an Anya original!

Carey, the GM is visible and active. He’s so friendly and approachable. His management style is obviously what makes this place the BEST!

I could go on and on with kudos...I feel so fortunate that we were able to experience this place!
If you can afford it...and are looking for the highest quality of vacations...book your trip to Rock Creek! I’ll be jealous thinking about all of the lucky guests experiencing the most lovely place I have ever been.
Feel free to contact me through Tripadvisor if you have any questions!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank lindz3
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2011

I absolutely LOVED The Ranch at Rock Creek. The staff was friendly and extremely helpful; the grounds and views were breathtaking; and, between the many activities and serene spa, one could enjoy an incredible adventure one day and utter relaxation the next. Additionally, the food was INCREDIBLE and all of the rooms/lodges were stunning. During my trip, I stayed in the Bear House. With it's rustic decorations and expansive amenities, it is both beautiful and the picture of comfort. This is by far the nicest resort I have ever been to, and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for the trip of a lifetime. I thank The Ranch at Rock Creek for a wonderful memory which I will never forget.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank LCRaper
Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2011

We just returned from the Ranch at Rock Creek. We spent a week there with our family of 5 (2 parents and 3 children-ages 14,12 and 10) and my mother-in-law. We did a fair amount of research on family friendly ranches and certainly made the right choice. Here is how I would think about it:
SETTING: 6,000 acres of pristine land with incredible views, world class fly fishing, archery courses, shooting ranges, cross- country biking trails, hiking trails. If there is a nicer piece of property in Montana I'd like to see it.
FACILITIES AND BUILDINGS: We stayed in one of the larger homes suited for our family but all of the accomodations were spectacular. The attention to detail in every building was amazing. My wife is an interior designer and she commented daily on the tastefulness of the design work. The main lodge is beautiful with many sitting areas and a welcoming dining room. There isn't too much more to be said about the Saloon. If you can't have fun in a building with a bar, 2 pool tables, a movie theatre, a bowling alley with 4 lanes, ping pong, a piano and a karoake machine you might want to consider something else. The new pool and hot tub are a great way to unwind after a long day outside and the spa got great reviews from my wife and mother in law.
EQUIPMENT- everything is provided for all of your activities and the equipment is all top quality.
FOOD- we were looking for a ranch that provided a dining experience as opposed to "3 squares a day" and we weren't disappointed. the meals were as good, if not better, than anything you would get in a major city restaurant. There were plenty of choices and the kitchen had an ample supply of cheeseburgers and ckicken fingers for the kids.
PEOPLE- this is where the ranch truly sets itself apart. It is not an easy task to be patient, polite,friendly respectful and accomodating to a diverse group of guests. Without fail, every person at the ranch exceeded our expectations on numerous occasions. There are too many stories to tell about people at the Ranch going out of their way to be helpful to all of us.
We also appreciated the fact that we were told everything was included and it truly was. I have heard horror stories about other ranches misleading guests about costs,etc and that did not happen here.
Other guests at the Ranch were polite and friendly and seemed to come from diverse but interesting backgrounds.
I could go on for awhile about our experience. I told my kids when we drove away that they could go to many other ranches in their lives and they wouldn't have an experience that compared to the Ranch at Rock Creek.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank BBTavern
Arlington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2011

We visited a few weeks ago, and are still talking about it. There are so many things to do (horseback riding, fishing, etc.), but the area is so beautiful that it is equally as enjoyable just to take a walk and relax. The staff were superb, going above and beyond to make our stay perfect. And we can't say enough about the food. We definitely hope to return sometime soon.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DChoyas
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2011

This is a place for anyone and everyone! Families, singles looking to relax and read, honeymoon couples, you name it. The activities are great. Staff is accommodating, smiling and highly educated. It's a luxury ranch --5 star food which is a bonus.

We will return! The lush green mountains and views are stunning. Price is high but overall worth it if you want to try something thatnlooks as stunning as the Alps!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank MovingAlways1234
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2011

I had an absolute blast when visiting the Ranch at Rock Creek earlier this year and can honestly say that this was one of the best vacations I've ever been on. The landscape around the ranch is breathtaking. The ranch has a great website but the computer images are no comparison to actually standing on the grounds and taking in the beauty of this majestic Montana valley in person. The diverse mix of activities from horse back riding to skeet shooting to archery to paintball to fly fishing are all fun active ways to spend your days outdoors in nature taking in the scenary right our of a painting. I often found myself wishing the days wouldn't end but there always another great meal right around the corner and the chance to unwind with a well earned drink at the bar at the end of the day.
Coming into the trip I wasn't sure what to expect from the food at the ranch and started with fairly low expecations. However, I was very quickly surprised to find the meals to be unbelievably savory. The fresh ingredients and mixes of seasonings and flavors along with the great wine pairings often left me leaving the table feeling like I just ate at a three star Michelin rated restaurant. The service accross the board was top notch...they did a great job hiring such a friendly knowledgeable good looking staff. I will definitely be back to The Ranch at Rock Creek next year I just don't know whether it will be for another family trip, a couples retreat or even a long weekend with the boys.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank GManNYC11

Been to The Ranch at Rock Creek? Share your experiences!