All reviews house restaurant prime rib glacier lodge event center porch swing hot pools hot springs resort fun weekend luxury cabin bison range jacuzzi tub riverside cabins across the river the clark fork river walk in shower beautiful scenery river view
Reviewed June 3, 2010

I used to love Quinns and recommend to others, but their recent policy changes and management decisions have put a sour taste in my mouth and I now intend to BOYCOTT AND TELL ALL FRIENDS TO STAY AWAY!

For one, they now have pool sessions throughout the day where you must pay $9 each time if you are not a guest. Not sure if they have two or three sessions, but hot water coming out of the ground free must not be that expensive. To be a guest starts at at not so low price of $125 to stay in the Glacier Lodge, plus gas, plus food, and drinks.

In the past, I took the girlfriend and our daughters and we camped close by, since they don't allow camping on their expansive grounds. It once was great. After enjoying a night in the tent, we would get a quick soak and then go on a hike, float, or bike; and then we would return for an afternoon soak and also spend more than what it costs to stay on-site on drinks and food. Well, NO MORE!

Thanks Quinns if you would offer a full-day or weekend soak pass for $13 or $23, respectively. How about a punch card or season pass for frequent visitors like I once was. After so many soaks,, get a free soak for the punch card.

Also, on the riverside or to the northeast, you could create 5 -10 tent camping spots with a fire ban due to the high fire danger there in the summer and as to not to choke out other guests. Propane BBQer OK though. $30-40 a night/including soak pass would bring in additional cash -- since that seems to be what you are focused on.

Many people are losing out on a great experience at your resort. And those that read this may have second doubts also. I would agree with "COACHTRAVLER" that it has become a "poorly-managed business." They are lucky to have people like DANA behind the bar that keep people coming back.

Date of stay: March 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
8  Thank PhotoTraveler016
Reviewed May 24, 2010

The hot springs were very clean, the scenery spectacular, the service better than you expect at a small resort, and the Harwood House resturant is truly a fine dining experience. We were in the lodge, which we found to be very well planned. We could have used a folding suitcase rack, and a few more hangers. One more hook in the tub for bathing suits would have been a bonus. The bed was very comfortable and the building quiet. We expect to return.

Date of stay: May 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank MagrathLgf
Reviewed May 24, 2010

Quinns is a great place to visit and soak in the pools, have a drink in the bar and have a great meal at the restraunt. Excellent food!
But don't come in your RV, we stay a the NUGGET RV Park in St Regis about 20 miles south near I-90 up the Clark Fork River. Check out there website, these are great folks and they keep the place up very nice.
Don't forget to check out the National Bison range while in the area (take the camera)!!!!

Enjoy your trip, Tom from Spokane, WA

Date of stay: May 2010
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank Inlander
Reviewed April 6, 2010

After traveling off our original destination plans in rural montana by motorhome, we arrived at what we thought was a nice little get away. Pulling in with our motorhome greeted in the parking lot with an abrasive individual waving his hands and throwing a fit that we even pulled into their parking lot...
According to the quinns staff there was no way this motorhome could fit into this 3-4 acre area with large abundant parking lots... After a lengthy discussion what was decided is that there is no room for a motorhome of this size (40 ft) in the lots... ooops unless we buy one of the $180.00 a night room... which we werent going to stay in but just needed a spot to park without being hassled... Money not being a factor, it was the principle of this poorly managed buisness... I offered $100 for just an rv spot... We had no use for a cabin or even a hookup for motorhome, obviously all self contained... Denied by staff... After disgust and annoyance of the entire facility we decided to head onto symes hot springs and then to Wild Horse hot springs which were reasonably close and we were treated very well and felt extremely welcome.
Unfortunately Quinns not accomidating us for a night cost them more than they realize... We both enjoy to drink top shelf and eat the same...

Date of stay: April 2010
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
10  Thank coachtravler
Reviewed February 23, 2010

This was my second trip to Quinn's and I love it. The pools were a little busy this time, but what are you going to do about that? I only have two real complaints - there is no clothes line in the room and the shower fans are incredibly loud. People have raved about the Harwood House restuarant, but it was ok, but I'm not a meatatarian...I think the perfect trip is to take a little cooler of your own treats, arrive later, soak later, get up later and soak again.

Date of stay: February 2010