“The $2.00 potato.....”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Paradise
Quinn's Hot Springs Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Paradise
Seattle, Washington
“The $2.00 potato.....”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Stayed for a night with my wife. We arrived around 7Pm and elected to have dinner. The restaurant atmosphere was pleasant and the waitress was accommodating. We each ordered their known for prime rib" each medium rare. However, upon arrival my wife's steak was medium well. She then requested a properly cooked steak. After the waitress took the steak back to the kitchen, several minutes later she returned with the same steak stating "This is the last of the prime rib, do you want it or else we can cook you another steak?" This would have taken an additional 25 minutes so my elected to pass on her steak and requested a baked potato instead(she was starving). We finished our dinner and received the bill which we noticed she was charged $2.00 for her potato (after spending $32.00 on alcohol and $29.00 for my prime rib)!
I requested to see the manager at which time expressed our dissatisfaction over the $2.00 potato that was charged to us especially after the steak was improperly cooked and returned). Scott stated, "but she had a cup of soup and some bread (I would have had bread with my dinner anyway) and I didn't charge you for that." He then proceeded to inform us that he and the staff examined the returned steak and they concluded my wife was incorrect in her evaluation (my wife is a sou chef's at cooking classes). After long debate and expressing our thoughts regarding our disappointment toward his lack of customer service, Scott finally conceded by agreeing with us and removed the big $2.00 charge (their cost probably 40 cents) especially after I mentioned I write reviews on Tripadvisor. Upon departure he offered us a free bottle of wine and was apologetic. By that time our stomach muscles were tightened........

** Special note: The bartender ( female) was very nice!
** Found several hairs in bedding and room not dusted.

Bottom line, would I go again? Most likely not.........

Room Tip: check out room first.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank anjcohen69

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
New York, NY
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband and I came for an afternoon after a couple days of hiking. We visited the pools and had dinner. The pools are of varying temperatures and very comfortable. The food at the restaurant is great.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Spokane WA
Reviewed August 25, 2012

The spouse and I stayed here 1 night at the end our vacation. I liked the well kept grounds and unique set up. I had not read any reviews and was expecting the best. Clearly, there is potential here, but some of the folks working here are not trained in providing hospitality. Rather than being Greeted and Welcomed at check-in, it was more like getting orders at a check in for a correctional facility I imagine. She spat out the rules like a drill seargent; I was hoping for a written list of them because I sure didn't want to get anything wrong, but that was not provided. Maybe she wasn't happy to see us, but I would have preferred she lied to us and faked it; Pretend you are happy we showed up. She did offer to make reservations at the restaurant for us as she indicated that was very important and she did follow through. That was appreciated. However, clearly I did not want to call and bother this girl if I had any needs/questions after check in. We stayed in the Lodge. Nice room. Clean. My only complaint is there was no hot water in the room. You are supposed to shower before using the pools. But a Cold shower? Really? That was not pleasant. At close to $200 for the room, yes, I really did expect there would be hot water in the room, even if they do have hot pools. Recovered from the cold shower and dressed for dinner. Report to the dining room 5 minutes before our reservation time. We were ignored again and again as larger parties of walk-ins were accommodated. Spouse got a little rude and we did finally get seated on the "Couples Porch". But then we were forgotten. Other couples were being served, but apparently servers did not have time to help us out. Must have been reported and some poor lady got pulled from whatever other detail she was on to be our server. All of a sudden this woman appears at our table wide eyed and looked at us like we were supposed to tell her what to do. I felt very bad for her. Once she got her bearings she did her best to finally provide us some genuine hospitality. We were able to place an order for drinks and appetizer. I was very pleased with the margarita - just right! Appetizer was unique and delicious. Entrees for both of us were delicious. No complaints about the food at all. Breakfast the next day was delicious as well. We were seated promptly and good service was provided. There were 2 people at one other table. Yes, prices at the restaurant are certainly on the high side, but limited options in the area; this is it unless you want to get on the road again.
You have to walk thru the bar to get to the pools; I am not kidding. The folks in the bar shouted out a greeting, which helped us not feel so awkward as we trapsed through. Pools were clean, but not all in operation and there are not stairs into all of them, be aware of this for those that are less able bodied. Some folks had a very akward time of it.
The gift shop/store is well equipped for anything you might have forgotten, even a new swimsuit.
I wanted to really love this place. I wanted to plan future family get togethers here and business retreats and girlfriend getaways. There are other places that charge high prices AND provide a well trained staff that knows how to provide hospitality and hot water. Yes, this place has great potential to be 5 stars. But clearly they are doing well enough and do not feel they need to devote time to training staff, they are just grateful they show up.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank PansyBlu
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Love this place so relaxing, food is excellent nice pleasent employees.
New cabins soo beautiful just wish they were pet friendly.
My dog loves to play in the Clark Fork River. Love to watch the hummingbirds and feed the chipmunks around the hot tubs love this place so much going back next weekend.
Can't wait

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Codyblue57
Eastern Washington
Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

Enjoyed the pools, even during one of the hottest days of the year. my wife and I stayed in the lodge. It was quiet, clean and reasonably priced. King size bed (firm). Great food and service in restaurant!

Stayed August 2012
2 Thank EasternWashingtonRcb
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed August 20, 2012

19 miles off I-90, Quinn's Hot Springs gives you rustic lodging, good food, and a great swim/soak in the natural hot springs pools. Montana is full of natural hot springs, and this may be the first one you'll find after crossing the Idaho border on I-90. We were driving on to Flathead Lake, but I like Quinn's enough that I think it's worth driving to it, then back to I-90 to continue your trip East.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Sharon59801
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Reviewed August 18, 2012

For 125 bucks, our Glacier Lodge standard room was adequate. No problems with cleanliness. The entry to the building did have some dirt that had been tracked in (and not cleaned during our nights stay), but not too big a deal.
The Harwood House restaurant had outstanding food. The tavern was fun with live music at night.
The six pools had varied temperatures. Very relaxing stay....

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank LUVtheNW
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paradise
Big Sky Motel
#3 of 3 in Saint Regis
Alameda's Hot Springs Retreat
Alameda's Hot Springs Retreat
#1 of 2 in Hot Springs

Been to Quinn's Hot Springs Resort? Share your experiences!