“Lotta hype, little value”

Point of Rocks Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Olney
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 3, 2014

The food is overpriced and extremely mediocre. Tired salads, no imagination in the entres, plastic table mats, boring decor. This place is in dire need of a "Restaurant Impossible" episode.

2  Thank Notoesgirl

Reviewed October 3, 2013

The wife and I went to the point of rocks a few times this summer from our place at lake Koocanusa campsite and marina on the Canadian side, it's about a hour drive for us to the Point of Rocks, and it was exactly 21 min past the town pump and LUCKY LILS in Eureka Montana, so it was well worth the drive the food is simply amazing, the service could use SOME IMPROVEMENTS, but the over all experience is worth the drive, and also if you don't want to wait in line make a reservation, and call them before you head out or take there number with you and call them when you are on your way, it will save you a lot of head aches, But I must say, THIS IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE PLACES TO EAT, the PRIME RIB, is a must.......AWESOME.........SEE YOU AGAIN soon....... FOR SURE.............I PROMISE!!!!!!!!!!!!...INGY

1  Thank BCINGY
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Went to Point of Rocks after hearing about it from several locals while visiting Columbia Falls. One of the very best meals I have ever had, anywhere. Normally a fish lover, I could not resist their signature prime rib so ordered a combo plate of 8 oz prime rib and grilled shrimp. Both cooked to perfection, the salad was crisp and cold, baked potato was flaky and steaming, Texas Toast was thick. Our server (Angie) was pleasant and engaging. She graciously & pleasantly accomodated several special requests, kept the drinks and water full, and recommended a huckleberry pie for desert. The dining room sits above a forested area with a pond and patio, a pleasant view which perfectly complemented the meal. The food was amazing, the service exceptional, and a relaxing mountain atmosphere. Well worth the drive from anywhere in the Flathead Valley. We will be back.

1  Thank MOUNTAINFOLKZ
Reviewed August 20, 2013

This is an out of the way place, but worth the drive--especially on a beautiful summer evening. The prime rib is wonderful, served with either soup or salad, potato, cheese bread and ice cream. The new wine list is not pricey and they give a nice pour of wine. Great place for friends or family---don't go expecting chandeliers, other than antler chandeliers. This is Montana, so the food is really good, service is wonderful and friendly, and the dining room is rustic. I would recommend making a reservation, as they often get big groups in. Love this place!

Reviewed August 2, 2013

My husband and I were staying in Whitefish and could't find a restaurant that offered a good plain steak. I found this restaurant on Tripadvisor and we decided to try it. My husband's filet was wonderful, and my prime rib was great. Both meals came with salad, potato and dessert. The dining room overlooks a beautifully landscaped yard with a pond, and the waitress was very friendly. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone nearby.

Been to Point of Rocks Restaurant? Share your experiences!