“Great Service”

Doubletree Missoula/Edgewater
Ranked #8 of 40 Hotels in Missoula
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I love this hotel. When given a choice, I would not stay anywhere else! Clean rooms, customer service is a 10! Food is wonderful and location can not be beat-it is located right on the river and near running/walking/biking path.

1  Thank Tiffany D
CarlinoGM, General Manager at Doubletree Missoula/Edgewater, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I hope we have an opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Dan Carlino

Write a ReviewReviews (1,007)

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Room was ground floor next to pool, so we sat isolated in the room behind drawn curtains. The building our room was in (Building 3 I believe) reeked of mold. Pillows were the worst I've experienced in over 40 years of travel - soft as air and just as supportive.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
CarlinoGM, General Manager at Doubletree Missoula/Edgewater, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Paul,

I regret that your most recent stay was not a favorable one. Please feel free to contact me directly to discuss. My direct line is (406) 542-4610.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I needed to stay in Missoula for two nights for business, and the Doubletree was available through my government travel booking website. I was very pleased with my choice, as this hotel is a good-quality establishment. I stayed in a double-queen non-smoking room. Bed and pillows were decent; the workspace set-up was well thought out, and efficient. (Very good office chairs are hard to come by in most hotels, but the Doubletree has 'em!) Lots of accessible electrical outlets around the room, also a bonus for my laptop, printer, and other work electronics.
Hotel staff were friendly, courteous, and highly competent...every one!

The attached restaurant, "Finn and Porter's", had more plusses than minuses. Being able to dine while watching folks flyfish or tubing on the Clark Fork River was a nice treat. The wait staff were friendly and knowledgeable. I tried the "Pub Steak" for dinner, and it was disappointingly tough, though edible. Caesar salad made up for the chewy steak; not too much dressing, the Romaine was fresh and crisp. The desserts are really excellent! Breakfast choices were above average, and my server offered fresh fruit as an alternative to toast and hashbrowns...it was a great choice. One quirk I noticed was the square coffee cups; that's right, not sure what design "genius" thought that one up, but they are almost guaranteed to drip coffee down your front. When I mentioned this to my breakfast server, she brought me a conventional, round mug with no hesitation. That's the mark of a great server!

There were a couple of other minor vices. When I checked in, I just dumped off my luggage in my room, and rushed off to a meeting. Upon my return, I did a more thorough room recon, and noticed the sliding glass door leading to the pool was unlocked. I should have checked the door before leaving, but was thankful no thief took advantage of the lapse in security. I also noticed the room vents funneled in cigarette smoke from somewhere in or outside the building. Ever since my lungs got screwed up in Iraq, I am very sensitive to secondhand smoke, so perhaps an average person won't notice it.

Room Tip: Early to bed and Early to rise? Avoid poolside rooms in the summertime, as screaming kiddies will ke...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
CarlinoGM, General Manager at Doubletree Missoula/Edgewater, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Thank you for staying with us recently. I am glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Usually wheelchair accessibe rooms have terrible views and this hotel has a few of these but to its credit it also has some accessible river view rooms. Although we made the mistake of making our reservations through the central Hilton office and did not get river view rooms during the first part of our trip, the GM kept his word and made sure we had terrific river views on our return trip. What a perfect end to our Montana vacation--falling asleep to the sound of the Clark Fork River. Such kindness made our stay memorable.
The staff was friendly and courteous even when we expressed our disappointment with our first room. Our room was spacious and clean, if a bit dated. We had to ask for a refrigerator but it was promptly delivered. The balcony is very small and we had to move a chair to accomodate my wheelchair. Nevertheless, overall, this is a very good place to stay.

Room Tip: contact hotel directly to get a river view room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
CarlinoGM, General Manager at Doubletree Missoula/Edgewater, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Thank you for your comments and I am glad we had an opportunity see you twice this month!

Reviewed August 11, 2013

I've lived in the area for a while, but now live far enough that I needed to stay at a hotel close to the U during a conference. The staff was accommodating, helpful, and, although busy, took as good care of me as others nearby. I loved the restaurant by the river, and the bartender did choose the very best wine for me. The fact that the facility is older hardly mattered to me. I had no trouble with air conditioning, but I did have trouble with magnetic keys, as mentioned by others. It took patience and many many tries, but eventually the keys would work. Overall, I enjoyed my stay, the location, and this beautiful place called Missoula.

1  Thank FrontierTraveler
CarlinoGM, General Manager at Doubletree Missoula/Edgewater, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Thank you for sharing your comments and I am glad we were able to meet your needs.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Loved our river view room with balcony! Rooms are older but well maintained and very comfortable...with fridge and coffee maker. Front desk staff were always willing to help us. The location was walking distance to downtown, lots of eating establishments, many hiking paths and the University. We floated down the river on tubes and paddle boards and were able to get off the river right in front of the hotel.(We rented these items from StrongWater and took a taxi up river a few miles). Our Canadian debit card did not work at his hotel but the staff and management were more than accommodating to help us sort that out. We will definitely return.

Room Tip: River view rooms with the sound of rushing water and a beautiful view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay. I am thilled that you enjoyed your time here in Missoula and at our hotel.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Three major problems. Magnetized room keys worked poorly and they kept telling guests it was the guest's problem Room heaters did not work. never fixed the problem Refused to give discount promised by fishing outfitter.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Ann M

I regret that we failed to meet your needs during your recent visit.