“Buisiness trip”

Doubletree Missoula/Edgewater
Ranked #7 of 40 Hotels in Missoula
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Loved the location, the staff was great and the Resturant was realy good. An excellant place for a buisness trip and I would return with my family for a vacation trip. The hotel was a little dated but very clean and the staff more than made up for the age of the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
CarlinoGM, General Manager at Doubletree Missoula/Edgewater, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Thank you for sharing your comments and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us!

Reviewed July 26, 2013

I have stayed here several times for a meeting I attend which takes place in late July. I always try to get a room on the river so I can sleep with the glass door open and listen to the soothing sounds of the river. The rooms have always been clean and well kept. The staff always courteous. The pool is perfect for after along hike (also clean and well maintained). The beds are comfortable and wireless internet works perfectly. I wil try to stay here every time I come back. Location is perfect and the views spectacular.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
CarlinoGM, General Manager at Doubletree Missoula/Edgewater, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Thank you for sharing your comments and thank you for allowing us to serve you again.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Pretty decent hotel although overall decor seems to be a bit dated. Suite rooms with river view is nice, you get to see locals fly fishing by the river and lots of university students floating on the river on a hot summer day. Breakfast is good, cook to order. Staff are very friendly - from the front desk, restaurant and housekeeping. Not the nearest hotel to the Missoula marathon though, although it is official hotel. A 10 minutes walk to the marathon, not a big deal at the start but seems like forever after the race. Seems a little expensive overall for the quality.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
CarlinoGM, General Manager at Doubletree Missoula/Edgewater, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2013

Thank you for visiting our fine city for the Missoula Marathon. I hope you will be back again next year.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

It was clean, it was functional, probably one of the best in Missoula,

Missoula seems to be a positional town somewhere where people stop for one night on the way to Seattle, so big hotel chains are not going prioritise investment an hence our room was 'worn' and a stale odour of smoke, which a refurb would cure.

All aspects of the room worked and we had no complaints about the equipment

The staff were polite and efficient and the breakfast good.

Big question, would we stop here again, after seeing the competition yes we would, but please refurb the rooms so that they are fresh.

If Doubletree is not careful its brand may be damaged by not attending to the basics, management take note.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay. I hope you will stop here again.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Wonderful staff at the check-in desk bery professional and friendly. The room I reserved was not available when I arrived. Grounds on the riverside of the motel are poorly maintained. Weeds and trash are prevalent on that side of the motel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for sharing your comments. I hope your future travel plans will bring you back to Missoula and to our hotel.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Front desk staff were very friendly and accommodating. Kids enjoyed the warm cookies. The room was clean, beds very comfortable. Only had problem with the hair dryer not working. AC worked fine when needed. Stayed both river side and parking lot side, river side is nice. Finn and Porter Steakhouse was very good, we ate dinner both inside and out. The pool was clean and the pool area well-maintained. The fitness room was clean and had dumbbells and treadmills. We enjoyed being next to the Clark Fork river and walking or running along the nearby paths. We walked throughout the downtown area and Caras Park from the hotel. A minute drive from I-90, easy to drive to airport or wherever. We drove 5 minutes to Univ of Montana to hike up to the "M" with the kids. I ran the Missoula Marathon and would recommend this hotel for those planning to run Missoula. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
CarlinoGM, General Manager at Doubletree Missoula/Edgewater, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

Thank you for staying with us recently and I am thrilled that you had a great experience in Missoula and at our hotel.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I did not have a very good experience at the Double Tree Hilton in Edgewater in Missoula, Montana. First, I was provided inaccurate information regarding the type of room was reserving when I set up the reservations 7 months prior to my stay. Secondly, they were not able to accommodate my reservation when I arrived and I was provided a room with a patio. The patio was approximately a 2 ft by 2 ft cement square outside the sliding glass door at the parking lot. Thirdly, the hotel and my room smelled of cigarette smoke which triggered my asthma. Fourthly, the people staying next door to me kept me up until 5 am one night and kept continuing after I reported it to the front desk. Lastly and most importantly, I was truly dissatisfied wit the billing practices of this hotel chain; was not informed via oral nor written information regarding preauthorization of your credit card in which the hotel charges a certain fee to your credit card upon your arrival for your anticipated expenses and "any accidentals" that may occur while staying within the hotel. I spoke with my credit card company and they considered that fraud as well as I for I was not informed of this process. Now for the positives; the in hotel restaurant was very nice. The pan seared scallops with the risotto and the wine were excellent. The staff was satisfactory with providing me a full refund.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Kathleen,

I regret that our hotel failed meet your needs. Thank you for speaking with me this past week regarding your stay.