“Getting back about my August 2012 Trip”

Doubletree Missoula/Edgewater
Ranked #6 of 40 Hotels in Missoula
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I posted on August 28th with the title “Very enjoyable trip/wonderful room/one minor flaw”. To follow-up I wanted everyone reading to know that Dan really did all he could to make our "flaw" become a "delight"!
We had eaten in and around many fine esatblishments while in Missoula and had a less than desirable experience in the restauarant connected with Dan's hotel. I did alert him to my concerns and he responded in a very positive fashion.
Being a corporate guy (I am too!) he did have to do the dance and back up the chain and question some of my comments. Not mean or harsh, just doing his job well. After some exchanges (none of them dreadful) he did make things right. Not only to my satisfaction, but he did far more to reach out and to make me happy than I am sure that most would have tried to accomplish. I have a strong appreciation for his efforts and would recommend his hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a riverside room/leave the door open at night!!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
CarlinoGM, General Manager at Doubletree Missoula/Edgewater, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2013

I appreciate your comments and I hope to meet you in person on your next visit to Missoula.

Dan

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I stayed here for 8 days during a business trip last summer (2012). As a Diamond member, I was given a ground-floor room overhanging the Clark Fork River. Although cool during the evenings, I kept the door open all night to hear the river. Fantastic! The staff was very helpful, food at Finn & Porter was great, and accommodations were exactly what I expected for a nice Doubletree. Highly recommended....

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
CarlinoGM, General Manager at Doubletree Missoula/Edgewater, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay with us. We hope to have an opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Do yourself a favor: book early & request the river-view.
Thank me later.

The restaurant (Harry & Porter) serves a delicious breakfast (sorry, that's all I've experienced here but i'm sure their dinners aren't far off) so make sure you try it.
The only request I'll plug to the management staff is - please get an automatic opening door. It absolutely blows when I am carrying luggage in and you don't even have a clearly visible handicap button. C'mon man...

Room Tip: RIVER-SIDE view is the better side view
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
CarlinoGM, General Manager at Doubletree Missoula/Edgewater, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2012

Thank you for sharing your comments.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

I give 5 stars to the staff at the Doubletree. They were pleasant upon check in/out and the maids were friendly as we passed in the hallway. I believe I got the last available room in Missoula for the Griz/Cats game, so expected to pay a bit more. Wow...227.00 later and I had a bed, shower and a tv that didn't work very well. No microwave or fridge, the toilet ran all night long, the shower head "squealed", maybe from weird water pressure? The room was soooo hot, with temp shut off. They had overlooked empty wine bottles on our balcony from the previous tenents. When I spoke to front desk staff about concerns, the young lady said, oh sorry. I guess I expected more for my money.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa P
CarlinoGM, General Manager at Doubletree Missoula/Edgewater, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2012

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay. Please feel free to contact me directly to discuss.

(406) 542-4610

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Not my usual lodging when I travel to Missoula, for business...and didn't know if I would like it or not. Booked a river view room...and I would say that is A MUST! The sound of the river's waters...the fresh air...a great view of the mountains and across the way...the U of M...always seemed to welcome me back to the my room. Beds uber comfy...bathrooms, I must say impressed me. Grout was CLEAN and not "multi-colored"....chalking was white...tile wasn't in disrepair...shower curtain was new and clean....water pressure in shower very good. Staff is ultra friendly and helpful. Finn & Porter restaurant on premises serves every meal...full bar...also a great river view. Business center was a plus for printing boarding passes...complimentary airport shuttle!!...FREE Wi-fi...small gift/snack shop. This will most likely become my lodging of choice for visits to Missoula!

Room Tip: Book a River View room
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Dayz3
CarlinoGM, General Manager at Doubletree Missoula/Edgewater, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Thank you for your kind words. I am thrilled that you had a great experience at our hotel.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Our son attends UM, so the Doubletree is the best option for parents of UM students. The hotel is a short walk, across a footbridge, to the campus.

The hotel roooms are very nice and the beds are super comfy. The river view balcony rooms are a must, the non river rooms are a bit stuffy and look over the parking lot. We are Hilton Gold and we typically get upgraded to River View, The rooms are clean and well appointed. No fridge or microwave. They do have blow dryer and iron. Warm cookies daily and a decent continental breakfast if you are an Honors Member. Their Sunday Brunch was good! Plenty of parking.

Have used their business center for computer and printer use. Well stocked with paper and pens. Have never used the outdoor pool or hot tub...did not even know they had one...must be well hidden!

The only two complaints I would have would be that the WiFi is horrible. Don't plan on it being reliable or available AND that the exterior is in need of some work, peeling paint and cheap balcony chairs. Really a shame, because the inside is very nice!

The Staff is always friendly and I will stay here next time we visit Missoula!

Room Tip: River Front Rooms are far superior.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
CarlinoGM, General Manager at Doubletree Missoula/Edgewater, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Thank you for sharing your comments. We look forward to hosting you on your future trips to Missoula.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

We stayed at this Double Tree during a 2 night stay in Missoula.
The Pros: Every staff person we met was very polite and helpful, and restaurant/bar were great and had a fun atmosphere. We enjoyed using the outdoor pool and hot tub during the day and there were many chairs and umbrellas. The location is key for this hotel especially if you are visiting the campus or seeing a show at the Adams Center (you can walk there from the hotel) Our room was very clean.
The Cons: We stayed in the King Hospitality Whirlpool Suite and it was in need of an updating. The faucets were gold/bronze and the finish on them was faded. You could tell the in suite whirlpool had seen better days. The room was located on the first floor and the sliding glass door was right next a side entrance to the building so you couldn't sit outside or even leave your blinds open. Also, this room had an adjoining room and the door (next to the bed) that separated the 2 different hotel rooms did not keep the noise of the people in the next room out of this room. The neighbors were not loud, but I could hear their conversations very clearly (not good if you are a light sleeper). Overall, I would stay at this hotel again because of its staff, restaurant, cleanliness, and location, but I would be sure to insist on a river view room with no adjoining door.

Room Tip: Get a River View room and avoid a room that adjoins with another room.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
CarlinoGM, General Manager at Doubletree Missoula/Edgewater, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Thank you for sharing your comments. I hope we have an opportunity to serve you in the future.