“Floors Designated As Smoking Floors!”

Hampton Inn Missoula
Ranked #3 of 40 Hotels in Missoula
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We were amazed that a Hampton Inn would allow smoking on their property. Within their "Hotel Information" binder it is clearly stated that they promote healthy living! WHAT? And you allow smoking! Luckily, we saw in the reviews to ask for a non-smoking floor. There are non smoking rooms on a smoking allowed floor! I just wonder what would keep the smoke from seeping under the door.
We were told that the General Manager allows smoking on this property because of clients who smoke. Can't they go outside?
On the good side, the beds were extremely comfortable and the staff very friendly. The hotel is in need of updating but it is clean.

Room Tip: Ask for a non smoking floor!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
hampty, General Manager at Hampton Inn Missoula, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us. We really appreciate your feedback and are very sorry that you were unsatisfied with your stay. We do everything that we can to make sure that our guests have a positive experience, and I'm sorry to hear that you did not have an enjoyable stay. We value your feedback and hope that the next time you're in town you'll come back and stay with us again!

Best regards,

Courtney Szalay

Reviewed September 15, 2013

This hotel was about to get my first "Excellent" rating on our month-long drive through 15 states until 2:00 AM, when the 60 cycle hum from the space heater fan shifted into high volume mode and woke me. Admittedly, it didn't sound bad anywhere except in the bed where the room shape caused it to be amplified. Turning it off did solve that problem (but may not be a good solution when the weather is colder), but that allowed us to hear the higher pitched hum from the building ventilation system coming from the bathroom. Closing the bathroom door made that situation tolerable, but reminded me that the hinges needed lubricating.

Everything else (staff, room, bed, breakfast) was EXCELLENT. I feel bad about dwelling on the negative, but hope that Hilton can do that little bit extra.

Room Tip: As always, end rooms and top floor are quietest.
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Great service with very friendly staff. But the cons far outweigh the pros at this Hampton Inn. Will not stay again. There are better rooms with better services including the breakfast for close to same price.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Staff was pleasant and courteous, did have to wait 10 min to checkin as no one was at desk. smoking room really smelled ask for frebreze if in smoking room. breakfast was amazing the best continental i have ever had.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

The Hotel staff at the front desk was very unfriendly and didn't help a person get checked in and was very rude when asked a question.When I went to check in the hotel he said I needed a credit card in order to check in. My wife and kids were up town shopping and I had to wait an hour before I could get into my room. I know they need a credit a credit card for security deposit but the room was already paid for so why couldn't I at least check in and relax until my family came back. When i confronted the hotel clerk he was very rude and wouldn't even listen to what i was saying.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Tony B
hampty, General Manager at Hampton Inn Missoula, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

I am sorry you feel like you did not get the level of service you deserved. As we discussed in our emails my staff felt like they were just following our company policy. I have addressed this issue with my staff. I hope you would give as another try and see that my staff is actually wonderful.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Had to wait to check in because the two staff were helping another person find a hotel in the city where he could use his coupon. As a paying reservation holding customer, I had wait. Does that make sense? Additionally there was a big glob of long dark had stuck to the back shower wall. No mine! The shower was lukewarm.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for posting your review of your recent stay with us. I'm sorry that you received a poor level of service; this is not the Hampton norm as our goal is Satisfaction Guaranteed. I have addressed these issues with our staff. We take all of our reviews seriously in an effort to better the overall guest experience. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back and experience an improved level of customer service.

Best regards,

Courtney Szalay

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Shower water was luke warm. Other than that, the hotel was clean. However, I won't stay there again as I need hot water for my shower. Location is good, good restaurants and stores nearby. Hotel is priced too high though. $99 per night would be ok.

Room Tip: If the hotel is at capacity, you won't have hot water in the morning. Bummer.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
hampty, General Manager at Hampton Inn Missoula, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

I am sorry that you had a luke warm shower. My maintenance man was informed of the situation and the problem has been resolved.