All reviews great breakfast corned beef hash picnic area hot breakfast rooms are clean bit dated hot tub queen room biscuits gravy morning breakfast free breakfast bed was comfortable place to stay airport shuttle short drive coffee maker visiting missoula
Reviewed September 2, 2018 via mobile

Our room at Ruby’s was exactly as expected. Clean, good bed, refrigerator & very dated. We were concerned at first about the noise, but the young men upstairs quieted down very early. Breakfast was good with plenty of choices & they worked very hard to keep things filled up. Best breakfast of our trip. Gravy was very runny. ( only complaint of the breakfast.)

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

On the pro side, the bed was very comfortable and the shower pressure was great but the cons are many. The drapes were so worn we saw spots with light coming through. The door was scraped and in need of paint, the carpet was dingy and buckled and furniture not dusted.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2018

Stayed here because they take pets. We were assigned a room along the creek in the detached portion of the hotel. I believe these would be the ones designated for pets since the pet relief area is there next to the spa. They have benches by the creek so it's a nice area to sit and relax. There are doggie waste bag dispensers, but I found them to be empty when i went to get a baggie.
The rooms are clean, but dated and could use a fresh coat of paint. I didn't notice any old, musty or offensive odors. The room is a bit cramped, but not too bad, it did have a coffee maker and a mini fridge, but no microwave. The bathroom has a tempermental shower, so just err closer to the side of taking a lukewarm shower rather than gambling with a hot one.
The breakfast has a good spread with a wide variety of offerings, muffins and pastries, pancakes, french toast, sausage links or patties, sausage gravy, breakfast potatoes and scrambled eggs. The juice is iffy, I chose orange juice and it was very watered down.The next morning, I chose apple juice and it was just amber tinted water, I did not try the coffee. I was disappointed that they did not offer waffles, but understand there can be a long wait time at self serve waffle stations. Food quality/taste is average, nothing spectacular, but it isn't inedible either. It's very convenient for a quick bite before getting back on the road.
Check in was a breeze, just showed them my ID and they had my room cards ready and waiting. The staff is very courteous. The lobby is very bright and more updated than the room I stayed in, and offer free popcorn.
I would recommend this hotel if you are only staying for a quick night or 2, I was here for a concert at the college stadium and it was close.

Stayed: August 2018
Reviewed August 27, 2018

it's a pretty nice place. Clean! The Pool is outside, not inside. It's in a bit of a noisy location but still one of the better places to stay in Missoula and not as expensive as some. Another perk is in many cases you can park in front of your room. As i said the location is a plus even if it is on a busier part of Reserve street.

Stayed: July 2018
Reviewed August 25, 2018

The La quinta in Missoula was booked up as usual so we finally got to say at this Ruby's which now takes little dogs. The last time we stayed there they did not accept them. It was wonderful as our little dog loved the creek behind the motel. It was clean and lovely with a peaceful babbling brook sound. I wanted to keep the window open but the smoke was rather bad so we had to close it. The only thing I didn't like was the carpeting which appeared to be very old. I am sometimes allergic to old carpeting but this seemed fine as I slept very well.

Room Tip: If you enjoy nature this is a good hotel for you
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family