“Redemption? Perhaps!”
Review of Ruby's Inn

Ruby's Inn
Ranked #16 of 40 Hotels in Missoula
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Well, it started out with my wife wanting to view an HBO movie that they clearly advertised and offered ( HBO TV ). No luck acquiring a signal and after 3 calls to the front desk, the staff even gave up...not even offering us a change of room!!??? They first said how to tune it in,,,second call, must be problems with the new service we just changed to....third call, sent their staff to look at the TV....did what we did and said SORRY! We felt "put off"

In the morning after I was asked how our stay was....THANK you know who....I let out the story! They could not apologize any more times or enough, agreeing with me that we should have been offered another room. I liked the location, amenities(other than TV channels....turned out to be a kinked cable connection as they checked it out in the AM after hearing my story). We liked everything else enough as well as the service in the AM to perhaps try this property again. Hope you have better luck!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Ruby's Inn

Reviewed September 6, 2013

We had a nice sized king room for $89+tax. Our bed and pillows were comfortable, the motel was quiet and we got a good night's sleep. The breakfast is much better than most motel breakfasts: cereals, French toast, scrambled eggs, potatoes, biscuits and gravy, sausage, juices, oatmeal, and various bread products. The staff members we encountered were very friendly. We'd stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Ruby's Inn, located just off I-90, has comfortable beds and offers an excellent breakfast. Great choices include hot items not often found with free breakfasts. Room rates were very reasonable. Other shopping options are available within a very short drive from motel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed at Ruby's on our way to Seattle. We enjoyed it so much we stayed there again on our way back home. It is a wonderful place to stay. The rooms were clean and beds very comfortable. I loved the little park area behind with a running stream. There are benches available for a very peaceful setting. The breakfast is incredible. I would recommend Ruby's to anyone traveling to Missoula. Great value. Book direct, don't use Hotels.com They charge a fee, cheaper to connect the hotel yourself. We learned a very good lesson on this trip.

Room Tip: Try for a ground level room towards the back of hotel. We were able to park outside our room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Vicki V, Public Relations Manager at Ruby's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thanks NanCan0517! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again. Thanks for you kind review.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Room was spacious and breakfast was good. But room smelled a bit stale and the "easy" chair was broken--sank almost to the floor when you sat on it. Liked the convenience of a fridge and a mirror and sink outside the tub/shower/toilet area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Vicki V, Guest Relations Manager at Ruby's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Dear Janeauten -

Thank you for your review. Based on your review I can not tell which room you were in but we will certainly look into the comfort level of all of our chairs. I hope that you told the front desk upon check out and that our maintenance staff has already addressed the problem.

So happy that you enjoyed the spaciousness of the room. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

We stayed here both coming and going from Glacier NP. We chose it for value, free airport shuttle, and amenities (hot breakfast and hot tub). We were not disappointed in anything except in the first room. The carpet was just filthy; or it looked to be. Upon our return, I mentioned this at the front desk. Our second room had a new-looking carpet, so perhaps upgrades happen slowly. Everyone was very nice, the breakfast was exceptional. Out back there's a beautiful rocky creek, horseshoe pits and benches with shade trees.. very relaxing and pleasant for a motel right on the highway. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Kelly 053

Good News, every September after the busy summer season we have every carper professionally cleaned. I am so sorry that you stayed in a room that you were not 100% happy with. I am glad though that you gave us a second chance and thrilled to hear that you will stay again. We love it when our guests enjoy the creek . We hope that you enjoyed your time in Glacier - it is a place that many of us at the hotel hold near and dear. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Montana. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

I usually stay at the La Quinta, for some reason, their reviews had dropped, so I decided to try out Ruby's, they had what seemed to be good ratings. They aren't a terrible motel, I'm sure. but I had a poor experience. I was across from the pool... which is weird, I didn't realize that it was an out door entrance motel. Which made me feel a little nervous, especially being right by the pool... that's a lot of traffic by my door. The nice lady (she was very nice) at the front counter gave me the wifi code.. .which didn't work in my room. and I literally felt the springs in my mattress. I have a really crappy mattress at home, and this was worse than my mattress. I had reserved 4 nights... I canceled the next 3, spent one night in Butte, and then will be staying next door at the Hampton Inn. Hopefully I just had a crappy room, and that the rest of the rooms are better.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo