“Amazing”
Review of Ruby's Inn

Ruby's Inn
Ranked #15 of 40 Hotels in Missoula
Reviewed August 4, 2013

My family of 6 got this hotel through Priceline and it is amazing. Staff is so nice and friendly. Katie helped me figure out the Internet. They have a pool and hot tub. A morning breakfast to die for. A laundry facility that they give you laundry soap and dryer sheets for the laundry, this was amazing so I didn't have to go get some somewhere. I would stay here every time I come to Missoula. We couldn't be any happier with our stay.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Ruby's Inn

Reviewed August 3, 2013

We arrived at Ruby's late in the evening, and though we were the only ones checking in at the time, it took quite a while to do so. The clerk said that he had been off for a few days, so he didn't know where anything was.

We arrived in our room, which looked out on to the pool area. The room was pretty basic but seemed clean enough. Unfortunately, when we were in bed, a huge bug came flying out from behind the dresser. It was several inches across and made a noise when it flapped its wings. It took a while for us to find and catch it, but there was no way we could sleep otherwise!

On the plus side, there were laundry facilities for guest use and a free breakfast provided. The pool seemed to be open late, as people were still swimming and walking around that area at 11 pm.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

We tried to stay at the Hampton Inn next door, but they were full. The desk there recommended Ruby's Inn next door and said that it was clean and had a great breakfast. Well the Hampton Inn was right on target. Ruby's had a very nice staff, was very properly priced, rooms were clean/modern, and the breakfast was the best we have experience this trip. Ruby's is a winner. Skip the famous named and more expensive places on North Reserve Road...and stay at Ruby's...you and your pocket book will be glad you did!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chuck S
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We stayed overnight as we were passing through. The room was reasonably clean, the staff friendly and competent, the location convenient to the interstate. The room had 3 times as many electrical outlets as I have ever seen in a motel room. As mentioned in other reviews the breakfast is better than typical. And at a very reasonable price.

There are a few minor issues. One is that the internet from the motel suddenly kicked me out in the middle of a session and would not allow me to re-connect. This was shortly before we were going to check out so we didn’t complain to the front desk. But it was annoying. Another is that the robe hook in the bathroom is literally at the top of the door. No-one under 5’4 would be able to reach it. (That includes me.) There was some shampoo or something from a previous occupant on the inside of the shower curtain, but that would be an easy thing for the staff to miss.

Note: There is a lovely little stream behind the motel along with benches and picnic tables. We were unaware of this and had our supper of leftovers in the hotel breakfast area. The weather was nice and we would have really enjoyed the meal by the lovely stream. The motel did not mention this option even when we asked about eating in the breakfast area. (We saw no signs or anything about this area.) So be aware it exists.

So not a perfect place, but, still, worth what you pay for sure. I would consider staying here again.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

An older family owned (I assume) property that is very convenient with comfortable beds and rooms. Was the least expensive place (with good ratings) that I could find. My wife and I had a very relaxing stay here and a breakfast that would compare to a $10+ buffet if you ate out. Highly recommend.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

My 18 yr. old son and I stayed here for 6 total nights in the last two weeks. Our room was by the creek, and would have been great had it not been for the several spiders in residence in the room. When I called the front desk about it, the clerk's response was an immediate "Oh my goodness - let's move you right away!" They moved us a couple of doors down and let my son check the room for any 8-legged squatters before taking our luggage over. Once we were settled in, it was comfortable. We had a plugged toilet issue that was handled in the middle of the night - again, cheerfully and successfully. There was plenty of room for the two of us in our two-bed room. We didn't have a refrigerator (I didn't think to ask for one), but I bought a styrofoam cooler that worked fine for us, since there are multiple ice machines at the motel. (The one in our building is out of order...hopefully it will be repaired soon!) My son got sick on our second day there, so he was in the room non-stop for the majority of our stay, with the 'do not disturb' sign on the door. The housekeeping crew was so helpful, making sure that we had clean towels, empty trash baskets and anything else we needed whenever we needed them. I used the pool, which was very nice. They put fresh ice water and fruit punch out, so it's easy to stay cool while sitting in the sun. There is also a hot tub by the creekside building, and while we didn't use it, several others did and seemed to be enjoying it. In addition, they have fresh popcorn, iced tea and lemonade in the breakfast area in the afternoon/evening. Speaking of breakfast, it's one of the best things about Ruby's! As others have said, it's a full buffet breakfast, with eggs, sausage, french toast, potatoes, hot and cold cereals, and the most delicious blueberry scones I've ever had. I had the honor of meeting Lou, the owner of the inn, and his wife during breakfast one day. They were very gracious and lovely to talk to. We will definitely stay there whenever we're in Missoula!

Room Tip: No elevator in the creekside building - if you have a mobility issue, let them know when you book!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We stayed just one night at Ruby's. As previously described, Ruby's has the look and feel of an old highway motel, but it is clean and obviously well run. The staff were friendly and very helpful. The rooms clean, basic and dated. The price was exceptionally reasonable. If we return to Missoula, we'll book our stay at Ruby's Inn.