“Old in everyway”

Red Lion Inn & Suites Missoula
Ranked #32 of 39 Hotels in Missoula
“Old in everyway”
Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

We got to the motel-expecting a lot more than was here. They put us on second floor and honestly the temperature in our room was 90 degrees with the ac on. Management might look to see if the attic is insulated as the heat radiated down from the top. They tried a different room no better 10:30 it was finally down to 77 degrees

• Stayed July 2013
RL_Customer_Care, Corporate Customer Care Department at Red Lion Inn & Suites Missoula, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to comment about your recent stay with us. We apologize for the temperature of your guest room and that is was uncomfortably warm. I want to apologize for this being an issue in both of the rooms you were checked into. We certainly understand why that would have an effect on the quality of your stay.
We value you as a guest and we are always looking for ways to enhance our guest experience. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to better serve you on your next visit.
Kind Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Seattle
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Ima fan of red lion cause iI like the rRetro feel of these older chains. I like the bigger rooms and the outdoor pools. The bed are very comfortable, they have a great breakfast, and the kids love it. Check in was a little slow, due to training and the hot tub was out of order, but who needs a hot tub when it's 90.

Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Our room had filthy furniture and had a portable roll around AC unit because the one in the room was broken. Restaurant was closed ad pigeons were nesting in the deteriorating wood facade above it. Several homeless people were sitting down on the sidewalk in front of the lobby. Overall it was a bad scene and an overrated hotel by Priceline

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
RL_Customer_Care, Corporate Customer Care Department at Red Lion Inn & Suites Missoula, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to comment about your recent stay with us. We apologize for the temperature of your guest room and that is was uncomfortably warm. I do want to apologize for the lack of cleanliness in your room as well. We certainly understand why that would have an effect on the quality of your stay.
Kind Regards

Travelers are raving about these Missoula hotels

Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

I was in town for the Missoula Marathon. I was going to stay at the Courtyard but due to my travel budget I was put at the Red Lion. Now I must admit I at times can be a hotel snob but good customer service and make most grey clouds blue. The front desk staff were great! Very welcoming, friendly and accommodating. I arrived to the hotel around noon but my room wasn't available which was okay because checkin is not until 3pm so I wasn't thrown back. As a plus for the hotel there is a Safeway grocery store right next store which I was able to go to to kill some time. Paul at the front desk even offered to call my cell once my room was ready. Just to let you know, the lobby is small and the upstairs bistro style dining area is, lets say "cozy". They held my luggage and I was off to see the town. The heart of downtown is less than a mile away. The hotel is also right next to St. Patrick hospital which can be great if traveling with people who may have medical needs.
One thing that I must mention is there is not an elevator so you will need to use the stairs. The staff is helpful but make a note to self that you will be moving luggage up and down stairs so you may want to request being on the bottom floor. The hotel is pet-friendly but I did not detect pet smell at all. The room was clean but skittle more attention could go toward cleaning the bathroom vents. Another 2-3 minutes and all the dust would have been removed but the effort was noticed. Even as I am typing this review I can't help but keep saying how nice and helpful the staff was. If I find myself in Missoula again I would definitely stay there. Also did I mention Caras park and the carousel are within a mile radius. If you are traveling for business. There is a UPS and a bank within walking distance, about half a mile. Thanks again to the staff for giving me a new and different perspective of the Red Lion.

Seattle
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I travel regularly and find the Red Lion Inn properties in a number of cities to be consistently a good choice for business travel, i.e Portland, Richland, . NOT in Missoula, MT. The room was not clean, phone dirty, corners in bathroom, shower didn't drain, Hot/Cold controls unreliable, A/C so noisy it startled me awake each time it kicked on. And no elevator to assist with getting bags to rooms on 2nd Fl. However, as a female business traveler, what bothered me the most was the poor lighting throughout the parking area and stairwells. Also note, all rooms open directly to the outside, no interior hallways.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
We value each and every one of our guests and I truly apologize that we failed to provide you the best possible service. We are very displeased to see that there were some areas of concern regarding the lack of cleanliness in your guest room and this will be addressed accordingly with our housekeeping. We will certainly address your concerns with our engineering regarding the poor lighting as well.
Thank you for your feedback you are a valued guest and we hope to have the opportunity to provide you better service in the near future!
Laramie, Wyoming
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We liked the reasonable price and the fact that it's within walking distance to downtown Missoula. It's a little older than the Red Lion Inn website would lead you to believe, with some old carpeting on the outdoor walkways and older bedding in the rooms. The bed was comfortable, and the bathroom was clean. Had a disappointing time with inefficient A/C - found the thermostat set to 80 and the room temp never went down, even after we turned the thermostat down. We didn't inform the hotel of the problem til maybe 8:30, but they didn't come until after 10 to resolve it, and it didn't get resolved. We'd maybe give it another stay, in case it was just a problem with that room.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 6, 2013

The bathroom was disgusting! The shower looked like it had mold in it. The light over the shower was filled with bugs and the fan in the bathroom didn't work. It was nice that there was air conditioning in the room but it was a window unit so the window had to stay open. Which made me not want to leave anything in the room. We only stayed for one night and that is about all I could take of the mattress and the horrible sheets that wouldn't stay on.
I have no plans on staying here ever again!

• Stayed June 2013
RL_Customer_Care, Corporate Customer Care Department at Red Lion Inn & Suites Missoula, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
We value each and every one of our guests and I truly apologize that we failed to provide you the best possible service. We are displeased to see that there were some areas of concern regarding the lack of cleanliness in your room. This is definitely not the type of stay we want you to have! Please let me assure you that we will certainly address your concerns with our housekeeping staff.
You are a valued guest and we hope to have the opportunity to provide you better service in the near future!