Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown
$99
$145
$128
Doubletree.com
Wingate by Wyndham Missoula Airport(Missoula)(Great Value!)
$101
$145
$139
La Quinta Inn Missoula(Missoula)(Great Value!)
$134
$74
SleepInn
C'mon Inn(Missoula)
$130
StoneCreek Lodge Missoula(Missoula)(Great Value!)
$134
$130
All reviewsthe riverfront deskroom facinghotel restaurantnice hotelwithin walking distancefitness centerconvenient locationnice roomup to datecomfortable roomsstaff was friendlythe clark fork riverconferenceuniversitybrooksmegan
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

When I travel it's all about location! Missoula is one off favorite historic towns. The only thing I wanted was to walk to downtown to enjoy the great restaurants & bars. Some I the best breweries! This hotel was perfect! Tucked away in the mountains & a two minute walk to downtown! Friendly staff & the best nights sleep I ever had!

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed July 26, 2014

I called directly to the hotel to make our reservations. As a disabled traveler, I am always amazed that it appears no one ever consults with a disabled person as to accommodations. If I am in a wheel chair, how on earth am I supposed to get to a bed that is too high? Even before being disabled as a short woman, I would have had to use my luggage to step up to beds these high. Secondly, why is a handicap access room on the top floor? How, in a wheel chair, am I supposed to exit the hotel without using the elevators which we are told we should not use in case of emergency?

The bed was comfortable, but it took some effort, and using considerable muscle power by my husband, to get me in bed. The night clerk was helpful in recommending a good Chinese restaurant. HOWEVER, when I made the reservation, the clerk I talked to made mention of the amenities, including a free hot breakfast, and even sent me a picture of the bath facilities to assure me that there was a roll-in shower (and there was), and booked our AAA reservation. She made no mention that the promised hot breakfast was not available to AAA guests. We found this out the next morning.

Given all the above, I cannot recommend the hotel to disabled travelers in particular, nor would I recommend it to any other travelers because of the dissembling over the free breakfast not available to AAA guests. Nor that the disabled guest is put in a room that would be a problem should there be need for emergency exit.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Our large family descended on Missoula for our nephew's graduation - this was THE PERFECT place to stay for everyone. Our family includes middle aged aunts and uncles, young parents, newborns, toddlers and a senior. It's sometimes hard to find a place that suits everyone - but this place did. The location can't be beat - easy to find and just steps out the door to excellent coffee, a beautiful running path, restaurants, and the Saturday Farmer's Market.

Everyone at the front desk was helpful and made check ins and check outs go smoothly. But the best service was during "the incident". We were suppose to meet for breakfast and we couldn't get a response from my 80++ year old mother-in-law. Being a catastrophizer, I imagined the worst and when we went to the front desk, they instantly helped us by giving us a duplicate key and notified the maintenance person to help us get in through the safety lock. Here is where common sense real world helpful service comes in to play. Our name wasn't on the room. The room was in someone's name - you know how it is when a bunch of you are staying in a hotel. I'm a rule person - I would have understood if they wouldn't have authorized us or would have made it difficult. But when he saw the terror in my face, he kindly helped. It all was fine - by the time we yelled enough to wake her up, the maintenance man was there (note: less than 5 min). When I told him what was going on, he said "If I knew that's what was going on, I would have come faster". Bless him. With this treatment, not only would I only stay in this hotel in Missoula, these people have a permanent place on my altar of helpful people.

The restaurant was fine - served our many likes and ages and servers were very kind when we left messes. This place was even better than staying in a family home, because we had places to gather, good food, lots of parking, but they took care of sheets and towels.

Thank you, thank you, thank you - and we have another graduation next year, so we'll be back!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Amanda B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2014

Dear MadEater,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown!

I am so happy to hear that you had a great time with your stay during your nephew's graduation. I am very happy that you allowed our team to be a part of the important time in your lives. We highly value your appreciation of the level of service that we provided. I will be sure to pass your gratitude and comments on to the team!

We definitely look forward to seeing you and your family next year for another graduation!

Reviewed July 16, 2014

I was in town for a few days to run in the Missoula Marathon and selected this hotel because of its great location to everything and near the race finish line.

I had a very spacious king bed corner room on the top floor. Very quiet, room was spotless and the bed very comfortable. Great view of the river from my room!

Hotel has plentiful free parking and everything is in easy walking distance, including the river trail, downtown, restaurants.

The onsite restaurant was very good. they have indoor as well as outdoor patio dining, with a full menu and bar service. Only problem during my stay was the restaurant was closed on my last day/night due to mechanical problems. This put a bit of a crimp in my eating post-race, as many of the other restaurants in town are closed on Sundays and I really needed to "refuel" after running the marathon. I did find a new place just up the street that was open and had great sandwiches.

I would definitely stay here again if I'm ever back in Missoula.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo

Dear Agmom98,

Thank you very much for your recent review! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us during the Missoula Marathon. I do apologize that our restaurant being out of commission affected your stay. I do appreciate your understanding and I am glad that you were able to find another alternative at one of the fantastic downtown restaurants.

We definitely look forward to seeing you again next year if you plan to run in the 2015 Missoula Marathon!

Reviewed July 14, 2014

Shame we got one of their 'internal' rooms which have only one natural light source - a very small window facing a central atrium. This meant the room was very dark and consequently it felt somewhat prison-like.

Other than that:
- desk staff were friendly
- location was good - short walk to down town
- bed was very comfy

I can recommend this hotel but I would insist on a room facing the outside of the building.

Room Tip: Insist on a room with windows facing the outside world. Rooms with internal window are dark and odd.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Amanda B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Dear StuieG,

Thank you for your recent review! Our atrium facing rooms do have slightly different features than our outside facing rooms, such as a full length sliding glass door that opens up to a balcony that overlooks the center of the hotel. I apologize that this didn't provide a sufficient amount of natural light! Our river/park view rooms would be a great option for you as they definitely have tons of natural light as well as a wonderful view of the Bess Reed Park and the Clark Fork River. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the front desk team, the location and the comfort of our beds!

I hope that you give one of our view rooms a try the next time you’re in Missoula!