“We liked it!”

Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown
Ranked #14 of 40 Hotels in Missoula
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

We were in Missoula for one night in mid-August. I initially wasn't excited by the prospect of staying at a Holiday Inn in such an historic town. I was fairly intent on finding accommodations with historic flair or significance. However, a friend of mine had made a trip to Missoula a few weeks prior to ours, and she said this place was better than fine. So I decided to book it, and I'm pleased with that decision.

My friend wasn't exaggerating - this place is better than fine for sure. Friendly atmosphere and staff, super clean rooms. We had a king room with atrium view, and it was fine. A great thing about this place is the location - a block or two from the heart of downtown. We went out for dinner on Friday night, and woke up on Saturday morning pretty much in the middle of the dreamy Missoula Farmer's Market (the market starts right next to the hotel parking lot). It was just great. And yes, it's right on a river... quite likely the very one that "runs through it."

• Stayed: August 2013
The_Last_Best_Place, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Dear Mrs_Nords,

Thank you for reviewing our property on Trip Advisor. We are pleased to hear that you overall stay was pleasant and that you were able to take advantage of our property's phenomenal downtown location! We hope that you will choose to book a future stay with us during travels through Missoula.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Recently, I visited Missoula for an event at a downtown venue, parked in the HI parking lot as we appreciate and are able to do and walked off for a fun time downtown. Upon departure I managed to leave my smart phone on the tailgate of the car and drove home - 62 miles away. I returned to the scene of the lost phone the next day in a panic to search high and low. More than once I checked with hotel staff to see if it was turned in - more than once they went above and beyond to help...and I wasn't even a guest at the time! Finally, in a last ditch effort, the Manager on Duty that day (9/5/13) pulled out his smart phone and said "let's see if we can use this app to find it!" ...and for the next half hour he walked the lot with me until my very expensive to replace work phone was located...

This person proceeded to bring me back to the hotel give me a bottle of water and sent me home ...relieved and with a renewed faith in humanity. He actually cared! took time out of his work day and went above and beyond...and he didn't have to -

I have stayed here in the past many times and will certainly make a point of staying here again...if people care enough about non-guests just think about how they will treat their resident guests!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
The_Last_Best_Place, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Dear susiemt,

Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown. We are pleased to hear that Michael, our Front Office Supervisor, was able to assist you with finding your cell phone. We agree that he is a strong addition to our team and will be sure to pass along your accolades. Thank you for choosing to stay with us... we hope that you will visit us again!

Reviewed September 25, 2013

When we arrived we realized a bulb was burnt out in one of the lamps so stopped by the front desk who was very helpful. In less than 10 minutes, Ryan stopped by our room and changed the bulb in seconds. The staff has been very helpful and friendly and the hotel itself is gorgeous! Would highly recommend!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
The_Last_Best_Place, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Dear Trisha K,

Thank you for your 5 star review of the Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown! We appreciate the positive feedback and will be sure to pass along your great comments about Ryan to our Chief Engineer. Please visit us again during future travels... we would love to welcome you back!

Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here recently for one night as part of our Titan Tour. Perfect room and bathroom and clean, as you would expect. We were recommended to use the restaurant by our Tour Manager but it had obviously gone downhill since she was last there. Service was very slow, mainly through lack of staff. Not a great menu either. My husband said he hadn't been too well that day and he ordered chicken, which he was told was very plain. It was the exact opposite - very spicy and even the chips had a spicy coating. The waitress recompensed us by giving us free icecream. Hotel is well located by the river, so it was lovely having a walk.

• Stayed: September 2013
The_Last_Best_Place, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Dear briers,

Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown. We are pleased to hear that overall, your accommodations exceeded your expectations. Our team enjoys welcoming tourists, like yourself, throughout the summer months and we truly appreciate your review and perspective.

I sincerely apologize if your restaurant experience was anything less that perfect, as we aim to please. I will speak with our Restaurant Manager and offer this feedback.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

A little outdated dut not by much. The staff will fix it, just ask them to. They are happy to help you get the rest that you need after traveling I on I 90. Walk,just walk around the shops and meet some of folks I'n missoiua

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
The_Last_Best_Place, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Dear Paul L,

Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay and accommodations and took advantage of our central downtown location! We hope to welcome you back to the property in the future and earn another positive review.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

We usually stay here when driving between Illinois and Washington. We love the downtown location on the river. It is beautiful, comfortable and quiet. There is live music in the bar in the evening. There is a bike path adjacent to hotel. The pool is nice. there are complimentary coffee and iced water and newspapers. There are well done renovations, for example the wood paneling in the elevators. My only complaint is that this trip, the check in desk clerk wanted a proof of AARP membership in order to honor a senior discount. We are priority card members and frequent this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
The_Last_Best_Place, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Dear tyrolpig,

Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown! We are pleased to hear that you are loyal to our property during your travels and that we have consistently met or exceeded your expectations. It is typical protocol for the Front Desk staff to ask for I.D. verification of a guest's membership prior to providing a discounted rate, for example government affiliation, AAA or AARP. I apologize if this was not explained to you in detail.

We hope that you will return in the future and allow us the opportunity to provide exemplary accommodations and services, once again.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

The Housekeeping department absolutely excells. I accidently left a cherished wooden comb in the room after we left. I called the next day and left a message for Housekeeping. Bob-Be Sparks promptly called me back and informed me that they in fact had my comb, and they would gladdly send it on.

3 days later the comb arrived on my doorstep.

The hotel was clean, the hot tub fantastic, and the staff in general was friendly and attentive. We also ate dinner in the restaurant and the food was also excellent.

I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank ACK823
The_Last_Best_Place, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Dear ACK823,

Thank you for writing a review of the Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown. We are pleased to hear that the Housekeeping team, notably our Executive Housekeeper, Bob-Be, was able to go above and beyond for you and help return a prized possession! We hope that you will return for a future stay and allow us to provide you with another top-notch experience.