“Great Staff at this Hotel”

Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown
Ranked #16 of 39 Hotels in Missoula
Yarmouth Port, Massachusetts
“Great Staff at this Hotel”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I am giving this Holiday Inn a 4 for the wonderful, helpful and friendly staff. One young woman at the front desk (Amanda) found my lost item in the courtesy van that had taken me to the airport earlier in the day. She immediately had it shipped out to my home and I received it 2 days later in CT. Another night manager stopped a loud party in the hallways at midnight. I also appreciated the great room rates you gave to the group staying for the Big Sky Film Festival.
Thank you very much.

Room Tip: The top floor is usually quieter because you don't have people walking above you. Avoid the room...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank CCK1627
The_Last_Best_Place, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
I am pleased to see your review on Trip Advisor, as I know we spoke on the phone regarding your positive guest experience at the Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown! I can't thank you enough for taking the time to provide this feedback to our team, as we use it to thank our team members for all that they do & also to make necessary improvements, as recommended by our guests. We hope to welcome you back to our property and beautiful Missoula, MT. in the near future!

Again, thank you for your review!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Downtown Missoula where we received excellent customer service and accommodations. Specifically, Miles at the front desk helped us utilize the room resources and extended our checkout. He was knowledgeable and informative about our questions and needs without hesitation to make us feel comfortable. Thanks again, we will most certainly be back to stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ashley L
The_Last_Best_Place, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for writing a review of the Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown! The team here is well versed in guest service and I can honestly say that each team member truly enjoys making our guests feel like they are visiting a home away from home! We hope that you will visit us again and continue to provide us feedback during your stay and on Trip Advisor.

Thank you again!
Reviewed February 6, 2013

We checked into this hotel late at night after making a reservation from the road. We were pleasantly surprised with the appearance of the room, and the nice lobby overview. When we checked out we inadvertently left one of our pillows there; the staff located it and promptly sent it on to us. Great service, and comfortable beds.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank zieb
The_Last_Best_Place, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown! We truly appreciate guest feedback and use it to make positive changes, as well as commend our team for outstanding service. Our property has many different room types to offer our guests, including riverside and courtyard rooms. Guests love that they have these options during their stay! I'm glad to hear that your pillow was "rescued," by our phenomenal Housekeeping team and you received it in a timely manner. Thank you again for your feedback... we hope to see you soon!
Martinez, California, United States
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I booked this room at half price through Priceline's name your own price feature.

I called hotel the day ahead to let them know I would be arriving at 8 a.m. and would like to check in early if all of the rooms were not booked the prior night and a room would be ready. I was told that the hotel was not completely booked and they would make a note of it. I arrived a little after 8 a.m. and approached the desk.

When I told the hotel employee, Michael, that I was there to check in, he asked if I had called the day prior. Apparently, he knew who I was and was waiting for me to tell me "there is no way we can have a room ready for you until noon." He had decided before I ever got there he was going to deny me access to the room until noon. I was very polite, but he was not moved by my explanation that I had driven overnight and called ahead. I asked him why I could not check in now, and he told me "the type of room you ordered through Priceline is not available".

It was very obviously to me he was really saying because you paid half price through Priceline you're not getting the customer service our regular customers would receive. Moreover, he intended to give me the crappiest room there because I booked through Priceline. The parking lot of the hotel was clearly empty, and I checked the hotel website that listed 114 double bed rooms, and 80 single bed rooms. This furthered my belief that he was telling me I was getting a different level of service because I booked through Priceline because there were only two types of rooms, plus a few suites.

Irritated, I explained to Micheal I knew how many rooms were there and what type, they hotel was clearly almost empty, and that I was going to write the CEO of Intercontinental Hotel Group an email to let him know about my experience and sat down in the lobby and pulled out my laptop to write the email. Within literally 5 minutes, Michael approached me and said he had a room ready for me.

You should not have to threaten to write the CEO of a hotel to receive good customer service from a hotel. Therefore, I cannot recommend this hotel to Priceline customers. This hotel will treat you like a second-class guest if you receive a discounted price through Priceline.

Room Tip: There are rooms that have a balcony with a view of the inside of the hotel and rooms that have only...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
The_Last_Best_Place, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for feedback on your recent stay with us! Please let me be the first to assure you that third-party guests are incredibly important to our hotel and we do not alter our service standards based on a guest's booking channel. I am sorry if the perception of your early check-in was anything but exceptional. Please allow me to explain the hold up on your check in. Our operating system was in the process of re-booting and we are unable to check-in any guests during this time. As soon as the computers were ready, our Guest Service Representative got you into a clean room. My sincere apologies if this delay left a poor impression of the hotel or our team, as we aim to provide the best guest service possible to ALL guests. We do hope you will return to our hotel and let us regain your loyalty and provide you with our top-notch service and accommodations!

Thank you for submitting a review on Trip Advisor!
Missoula, Montana
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I traveled from Seattle to Missoula and was meeting a friend who traveled from San Diego. We had not seen each other in 8 years. I booked a room for her and a room for my husband and I....at the same time. When we arrived I asked if our rooms could be close to each other. He said that they were on the same floor. He said hwe would do his best. He gave me my room keys just as my friend walked up to greet me. When we were on the elevator we realized we were right next door to each other AND we had an adjoining room!!! Thank you Michael! You rock!!!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ysmi
The_Last_Best_Place, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown! We agree that Michael is a strong asset to our Guest Services team and appreciate that our guests notice his gift in hospitality as well. I sincerely hope that you'll return to our hotel during your next adventure to Missoula. Michael and his teammates will be ready to wow you with their service once again!
Ronan, Montana
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I recently stayed in this hotel while my grandma was in the hospital. She had been down there a couple days when I booked at this Holiday Inn. The staff was incredible to us. They gave us the best rate they could and even allowed us to keep the same room an extra night even though I had only reserved for one night. Also, the pool was open late so after spending the entire day at the hospital and being cooped up, I was able to take my son swimming so he could get some energy out before bed. I usually try to stay at Holiday Inn's when I travel and because of my experience at this one, I am going to make sure to stay at them from now on.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
The_Last_Best_Place, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our staff, service and your overall accommodations during your recent stay. The hotel's team members are compassionate to our guest's various situations and are willing to work with and understand their needs to find the best solution.

We appreciate your feedback and do hope that you'll visit us in the future!
Cleveland, Tennessee
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Throughout the month of December and January, I have stayed at the Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown. I cannot say enough good things about the hotel, the staff, the food and the comfortable rooms. I have travelled for business for many years and stayed in the "good, the bad and the ugly." This hotel definitely does not fit into any of those categories.....it is far better than just good. If you are looking for a place to stay for business, for leisure (indoor pool)....then this is your place.

A special shout-out to Michael at the front desk who is always kind and helps in any way he can. Also, Dave,and Chance for taking me to a couple of appointments there in Missoula and to Marianne and Amy in the restaurant......they have made me feel like I am family!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Sandra J
The_Last_Best_Place, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown, Sandra! We certainly appreciate the positive accolades and will pass along the kind words to our team. Whether you're traveling for leisure or on business, our team likes to think of you as part of the Holiday Inn family... we do hope that you'll return in the future to enjoy the gorgeous summer in Missoula! Our on-site restaurant, Brooks & Browns, has an outdoor patio with a phenomenal view of the Clark Fork River and walking trails, this feature is a big hit with our guests.

Thank you for your feedback! We hope to see you back soon.