“A great place to recharge your personal life battery”

Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown
Ranked #16 of 39 Hotels in Missoula
Helena, Montana
“A great place to recharge your personal life battery”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I had a great time with great attention being paid to all of my needs.
If this were a long term deal I would not wait a minute to sign the line.
It was a home away from home. Great staff!!!! Wait staff and Management, Schuyler,Megan,Chris and Rebecca.

Room Tip: River view side higher would be best.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
The_Last_Best_Place, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay here at the Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown! We always strive to hire the best team members possible and I must say, I think we do a great job. Thank you for passing along the feedback... I will be sure to thank each team member individually for a job well done! We hope that you will consider us again during future travels. Thank you for your review!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Kalispell, Montana
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I had such a pleasant visit especially due to your staff and their recommendations. It was like having a concierge that the big hotels in major cities have! Amanda and Michael were very helpful at suggesting places to eat and points of interest in Missoula, plus they were so nice. I also can't forget to mention that Jeff in bar provided excellent customer service. My overall experience was great...

Barb G

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
The_Last_Best_Place, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Barb,

Thank you so much for feedback on your recent stay. We always say that we are so lucky to have such an exceptional team throughout the hotel and I'm glad to hear you agree! I do hope you'll return to the Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown during your next trip through Missoula... our team would love to once again provide you the services you enjoyed during your recent stay!
Billings, Montana
Reviewed October 30, 2012

My wife and I booked a River View room at the Holiday Inn downtown. It was 10% more expensive than a non-view room. When we got to our room we found the view was blocked with evergreen trees. The only view we had was trees. We called the front desk and they told us there wern't any other rooms available. We wont stay here again.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tiber-Willy
Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay with us! I am sorry to hear that you felt your accommodations were anything less than wonderful. We'd love to welcome you back to help you experience the breathtaking river views that you were hoping for, although our parkside rooms are lovely as well. We truly appreciate your review and do hope that you'll let regain your loyalty and provide the accommodations you originally booked.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I travelled to Missoula on business and stayed at the Holiday Inn. Nice hotel, staff was great, room service tasty. The day I left, I was greeted by a snowy view outside my window, which overlooked the river (I'm from L.A., so this was a treat). Definitely would stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms overlooking the river and the park.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
The_Last_Best_Place, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown! There is much to say about enjoying Missoula in the summer, but when winter sets in, the scenery can be quite gorgeous. I'm so glad that your accommodations and guest experience were satisfactory. We would love to welcome you back if you travel through Montana again.

Again, thank you for your feedback!
Grass Valley, CA
Reviewed October 24, 2012

The staff at this hotel was the best. From the moment I was picked up at the airport to the response I received from every request, I was well-taken care of. Everyone went above and beyond the usual. When I couldn't figure out how to warm the room up, the manager walked up to the room immediately and showed me what to do - he didn't try to talk me through it over the phone. I checked in early, go the room I wanted, had great interaction with housekeeping and shuttle drivers. Friendly is an understatement. The room was comfortable and everything worked.The location was wonderful, the view great, and a good place for those who like to walk.

Room Tip: Request an exterior room, preferably facing the river
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
The_Last_Best_Place, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown! We certainly appreciate guest feedback and it is so nice to hear that the team shined during your stay... each department works extremely hard to please our guests and I'm glad to hear it shows! We aim to please at the Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown and hope to see you back during your future travels.

Again, thank you for submitting a review!
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Just checked out today and want to tell you how pleasant and helpful Michael was. He was very friendly and courteous and was genuinely nice which I have not usually experienced in my stays with other hotels. You need to clone him!!!

Regards,
Nathan Foster

Nathan,

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel on TripAdvisor! We certainly appreciate the positive feedback and enjoy passing along the compliments to our team members. If cloning Michael was a possibility, I feel that many departments would be incredibly lucky to have him on their team! We hope to welcome you back to the Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown on your next visit to Missoula. Thank you for your review!
Kalispell, Montana
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Although this is a very nice hotel in a great location, our stay included a lack of a peacful nights sleep. My advice to anyone who stays----DO NOT stay in any room around or above the main entrance corridor. Our room # was 371. It sat directly above the automatic sliding main entrance doors. All evening & night, it sounded as though guests in the adjoining rooms were sliding their furniture around frequently. I made the assumption it was the elevator equipment from down the hall that must needed some maintenance. We were in town with our young children for a wedding reception at the hotel. Try combining a overtired 3 & 5 yr old with noisy equipment and it makes for a very difficult time for getting a good nights rest! I mentioned to the front desk during check out early the next morning about our unhappiness with the noise. I told them it sounded like the elevator or something constantly moving. They seemed confused. I said we stayed directly above the lobby. Then they were like, Oh, it had to be our front automatic sliding doors making the racket. It sounded to me like they have heard this common complaint. They said if it ever happened again during a future stay, they could turn off the automatic sliding doors. Whatever!! Not staying there again! No reduced room rate or comp. for anything!! They seem to just pass this issue off to the next unlucky guest who pays $160/night for a noisy room.

Room Tip: Rooms near or above the main entrance sliding doors are very noisy.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
The_Last_Best_Place, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank you for writing a review of our property. I am sorry to hear of any inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us, as we aim to provide not only exceptional customer service, but also a peaceful night's sleep. We hope to welcome you back in the future to regain your loyalty and offer the accommodations that were originally expected when you booked your reservation at our hotel. Again, thank you for your honest feedback.