“never stay here again”

Broadway Inn Conference Center
Ranked #33 of 40 Hotels in Missoula
Reviewed September 29, 2010

I stayed here because it was the only place in town that had a room the night before Labor day.It looked like a nice place and the rooms were clean but, I had to give my credit card but paid for room with travlers ck. I signed the ck and was told by clerk that he would use stamp for name of hotel. When I got home and got my credit card bill I realized they had also charged my card. I have tried for 2 wks to get this resolved but am still unable to get my money back. Its only 84$ but it was my hard earned money and I will NEVER stay here again and will tell everyone going that way to go anywhere else but here

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
BroadwayInnMissoula, Guest Relations Manager at Broadway Inn Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2011

As an independently owned hotel we take our integrity very seriously and investigate all suggestions of impropriety. As we discussed in our various phone calls, we have no record of receiving a travelers check from you, however, the beauty of travelers checks is that it is easy to determine if they have been cashed and have them replaced if they have not. We would be happy to assist you in contacting the bank that issued your travelers checks so that you can find out if it has been cashed (and if so, by whom). Our in-house inquiries have thus far shown no sign of your travelers check, but believe me, if we find that one of our staff has done something unethical we will take swift action.

Reviewed September 20, 2010

Good value, nothing special, nothing terrible. I would stay at a nicer place next time, but since we were there for less than 10 hours it didn't really matter.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
woodeneye, Manager at Broadway Inn Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2010

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your business.

I was pleased to see that you rated our hotel 4 out of 5 regarding value, location and sleep quality. These are certainly primary consideration given that you were only here for 10 hours.

Thank you for your patronage and should you return to the Missoula area I hope you will again choose the Broadway Inn Conference Center for your lodging.

Reviewed August 26, 2010

I just wanted to say that we received great service from the time we arrived until the time we left. We had a late flight and they were very helpful when we got there and we had an early flight out of Missoula for the trip home and the free shuttle service was a great help! The room was clean as was the hotel in general. The continental breakfast was very good and the pool was very clean! I even half to mention that the guy that does the shuttle service came and took us to the airport early in the morning on his day off. I would recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
woodeneye, General Manager at Broadway Inn Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2010

Thank you for your comments about our property. Guest feedback is the most important tool we use in training our staff and improving our hotel. Our number one goal is to provide a memorable experience for all of our guests. Thank you for taking the time to help us with this mission.

Reviewed August 19, 2010

We stopped here for one night at the end of our vacation, on our way home to Alberta. What a great place. The hotel is a bit dated, but for the price it's great. Large, clean, comfortable rooms. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The breakfast is good. Will definitely stay here again, when I am back in the area.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2010

Hotel was a little dated but a good value for the price. Location was not close to the freeway. Breakfast was good and complete

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2010

PROS - best price in town. Refreshing outdoor pool and clean HOT hot tub (jets were a little puny, but no real complaints). Rooms are clean, lobby is decent.
SO/SO - cold breakfast offerings are minimal, hot breakfast not worth the effort. They'd be better off with more pastries and fruit and maybe a microwave with sandwiches than gluey gravy, hockey puck biscuits and rubbery eggs.
CONS - Hallways REEKED of smoke, not sure if that's a holdover from the past or if it infiltrates from casino, but once in the non-smoking room it wasn't bad. Furnishings are dated (but clean), some of the fixtures need repair (leaky faucet), mismatched shampoo/lotion seems an afterthought. Access to the pool is from the back parking lot; they ask that you don't go through the lobby. A bit inconvenient if your room is closer to the lobby than the back door, and having to go all the way back to the room for a restroom is troublesome with kids and minimal access key cards.
SUMMARY - a great deal for the $$ (only $10 more than a KOA cabin!) and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 17, 2010

I was in Missoula on business. I need hotels to be safe, quiet, clean, and serve breakfast. The Broadway had all those qualities, plus a very friendly staff and a central location. It's evenly spaced between the shopping on Reserve Rd and downtown Missoula. My only quibble is that the breakfast offerings are pretty sad toward the end of the breakfast period, but that's to be expected.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business