Goldsmith's Bed and Breakfast
$114
$145
$128
Doubletree.com
Wingate by Wyndham Missoula Airport(Missoula)(Great Value!)
$101
$110
$145
$139
La Quinta Inn Missoula(Missoula)(Great Value!)
$134
C'mon Inn(Missoula)
$130
Staybridge Suites(Missoula)(Great Value!)
$117
Staybridge.com
$135
Hotwire.com
All reviewsclark forkthe riverprivate porchdenver omeletwalking bridgefrat housebreakfast was deliciousbike shoppaved walkcurrent locationcome homecommon roomnicely decorated and cleanplace to stayan ideal locationother guestssitting area
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Our second time visiting Goldsmith's. I really like staying there as it is smack in the middle of all things Missoula, and a comfortable, friendly place. The house itself is very nice. The rooms we have stayed in both were not cramped and comfortably maintained. Breakfast this time was good and healthy. The view from the room out on the river is nice as well.
Things I really like there are the location of course. You are steps from the walking trail and you can take off in a number of directions; cross to the U and hike the M, head upstream on the river trail and from there back up into the hills if you choose. Or, as I did on this brief visit, head down stream and then follow the railroad trail for a nice out and back.
The bed was comfortable and the room temperature easily managed. The staff very friendly and helpful, I felt welcomed. If I could change a few things I would have added optional extra blankets or a true down comforter for the bed. I also would suggest they open the windows and get more air. My daughter and I both noticed that downstairs it was stuffy and a bit smelly of food. This is easy to fix and was not an issue for our room.
Overall a great place to stay and we will return again.

John

Room Tip: Both rooms we have stayed in were really nice. I like the room at the top we stayed in this time as it had a view of the river though.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank JohnLicata
Reviewed October 18, 2012

As with any hotel or B&B stay, the service plays a huge role. The inn keepers are great! Very friendy and very accommodating - I have often stayed here on business trips and stayed with my family once for a ski trip. Nice alternative to typical hotels for a business stay.

Room Tip: Some rooms are not available in the Winter, which is really unfortunate. All rooms are nice and special in their own way, but all have different characteristics and you should talk to the inn keeper before booking.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Missoula deserves a classy, comfortable place to stay like Goldsmith's B&B. The location, the view, the breakfasts, the accommodations, and best of all the caring and knowledgeable personnel make for a time well spent. This is one fine place!

Room Tip: Room #4 has a great view of the Clark Fork River.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We are not normally 'bed & breakfast' type travellers, but this place takes the cake!
The staff is friendly & accomodating, you are greeted with a smile & treated like family. The propertly sits on the riverbanks & has a wrap around veranda with beautiful views of the river (perfect place to enjoy a cup of coffee, or glass of wine!)
This is a historic building that has been meticulously maintained (no worries about antiquated plumbing, all has been updated & maintained- the water temp & pressure was great). We were travelling with another couple, and were lucky to book room #8, this gave us the entire third floor. We were treated to beautiful views of the river, our own private deck, a sitting area with a TV & two seperate sleeping spaces. This room would be perfect for a family with children, it has a room with 1x queen bed & a seperate room with 2 twin beds.
The breakfast was amazing both mornings. We thoroughly enjoyed our experience here. (Meg was an amazing host, it is her hospitality & genuine passion for what she does that makes the experience wonderful)
We frequent Missoula and the Goldsmith will now be our only choice for accomodations!

Room Tip: Room #8 is a gem!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I travelled to Missoula in March for some meetings, but the hotel was sold out by the time I went to reserve my room. I searched for nearby accommodations, and was pleasantly surprised to find a B&B within walking distance.

Check-in was seamless, my room was comfy, and the house itself was very lovely. The entire place was booked, and it was nice to see some familiar faces during breakfast each day.
The location is ideal, within walking distance of downtown and the University, and I spent each evening exploring Missoula.
The room decor was a bit pink for my tastes, but the comfy bed, roomy closet and quiet location made my visit very comfortable.
The breakfasts were delicious, and both Meg and Jessie were very flexible, accommodating my needs for an earlier start.
I had a very nice visit, and wouldn't hesitate to recommend this B&B to anyone!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business