“Carbs are your friend here”
Review of Ciao Mambo

Ciao Mambo
Ranked #33 of 299 Restaurants in Missoula
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: With creative twists on classic recipes there is something for everyone in the family. It's Italian Nachos, Minestrone, Lasagne, Tiramisu, Chianti, Frank Sinatra, Great Fun, Wonderful Service and a whole lot more... Ciao Mambo atmosphere works just as well for romantic couples as it does for a cozy table of family, friends and children too. At Mambo's, we serve up immigrant style Italian cuisine in a happening family ambiance. Our pasta dishes with rich, savory sauces and fresh ingredients, thin crust pizzas baked to perfection, and unmatchable service will keep you coming back for more. Bring your friends, family and appetite for fun, and we'll handle the rest.
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Very friendly, busy place. We went on a Saturday night and had made a reservation and they had our table waiting. Good variety of pasta and pizza. They were out of the wine we wanted so they offered us a more expensive one at the same price. You will leave full. Loved the crayon drawings on the ceiling. Easy to walk to if you are staying anywhere downtown.

1  Thank kmmtx

Reviewed July 19, 2013

This is not Italian food at all and kind of a waste of money unless you need to bulk up on carbs. But honestly i wouldnt waste your money there are so many more new restaurants in missoula to support

Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Excellent starting with the appetizer bread! Our extended family of six all enjoyed their entrees and the staff was very accommodating with the table & timing. Don't eat outside on the sidewalk -- we watched panhandlers pester people there!

1  Thank John W
Reviewed July 9, 2013

While in Missoula, had a chance to join relatives for dinner at Ciao Mambo. Read on for details...

Ciao Mambo is located on the "Hip Strip" area of Missoula, across the Clark Fork River from downtown. Ciao Mambo does NOT offer parking, but there is ample street parking in the immediate area. They offer indoor and outdoor seating although the outdoor seating is limited. Best to get a reservation if you are coming for dinner or you may have to wait. Our party of 8 waited about 20-25 minutes for a table.

For families...Ciao Mambo offers a kids menu! Yay! They also offer color crayons for the kids to draw on the paper table covers. Interesting side note...look up while in Ciao Mambo. They proudly feature table art from their customers and some of it is pretty darn good. It is not all kids drawings.

We were quickly served water and our drink orders taken. The drinks came in a timely manner and our food order taken. The kids menu offers plenty of kid friendly basics. My son opted for the bow tie pasta with no sauce and my daughter had the same but added chicken fingers. I was eating light so I went for an appetizer of polenta. Others in our group had pasta with seafood and steaks.

While waiting for our food we were served the house garlic bread. Im not sure, but I am pretty positive it was not home made bread. It was slathered on top with a butter/garlic mixture that was quite strong, a bit too strong for my kids and myself as we scraped off the excess garlic. At least no vampire could come around that night!

The portions that were delivered were quite large! Even my polenta appetizer eventually served as 2 meals worth! We were all full with plenty to eat the next day.

I would recommend Ciao Mambo for a good filling meal. It is a bit pricey, but look on the bright side...you will get two meals out of whatever you order. It is family friendly and that scores big points in my book.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

This place has more of an upscale feel to it and is a little small. The menu had a lot of options but it was pricey for pasta. We were with a large group and we sat downstairs and it was really hot. The waitress said she had the air turned up as far as it would go but everyone was hot. The tables downstairs are these large wood tables with large wood benches where your feet don't touch the floor and there are no backs. It wasn't very comfortable for over 2 hours. The waitresses were nice. Service seemed really slow but I'll give that a pass because there were over 30 of us. The food was tasty so overall I'd recommend this place but make sure to sit upstairs or else you'll be uncomfortable.