“Good but not great”

Best Western Plus Grant Creek Inn
Ranked #1 of 40 Hotels in Missoula
Reviewed August 7, 2010

The room was large and the beds were comfortable but a list of small issues.

We needed a place to stay on the way through this area. Online reservations were made in advance and was easy to do. With the photos and reviews of this place I was expecting a lot. It was easy to find and easy to park. Check in and check out was straight forward with no issues. The place seemed clean, elevators worked fine and the hallway and room was large. The room included a counter and sink outside the bathroom which was very helpful - more places should have that. We had two queen size beds and they were very comfortable. There were no noise issues that we noticed. The indoor pool looked nice but we did not use it. The breakfast looked good but we did not try it. An adjacent but separate restaurant was good and is recommended.

For the not so good points: the bathroom sink tap handle was completely unsecured - it would just pull off; the tub/shower tap was very loose - almost ready to fall off; the bathroom door rubs on the door frame requiring more effort to close tight and open; the shower curtain rod was one of the curved ones which are nice but it was not secured well and was not level making the shower curtain slowly slide to the middle; the handle on the drawer of the small dresser between the beds fell off; the place seemed clean enough except for some black spots above the tub/shower; the disposable plastic cups were very flimsy; and the public bathroom near the pool had no soap in the dispenser.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Grant Creek Inn

Reviewed August 7, 2010

Conviently located off 93.
Rooms were clean, breakfast good, staff friendly.
Cookies when we arrived.
Pet friendly.
Resonable rates.
Enjoyed our stay.

Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2010

We have been traveling for 2 weeks. This hotel is convenient, nice, priced good. The lady, Lucy, that took our reservations over the phone, couldn't have been nicer. We arrived and there are motorcycles obstructing the entrance. They were parked under the canopy. I checked in and simply asked for a luggage cart. I was told there weren't any. No effort was made to assist us. Being gone so long we have lots of luggage, which I told the girls at the front desk and asked if there was a door closer to our room. We are on the 3rd floor. She said yes and we could take the stairs. This girl was not even the one checking us in. We are seniors. I am a retired CEO. I wouldn't keep anyone employed who was rude to the customers. The customers are your bread and butter. I liked the hotel, although, we have been staying at Best Westerns for several nights, the one in Jackson, WY was awesome and the desk was great. IT'S ALL ABOUT SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank nbowen266
Reviewed July 25, 2010

We chose this hotel because it was a Best Western and had a promotion going on. It is located convenient to interstate 90 but far enough removed that it is a quiet location. Good access to shopping and a wide variety of restaurants. A bit remote from downtown Missoula. If you go in winter, you are relatively close to Snow Bowl skiing area. Good selection for breakfast although quality of some items was not that great--especially the mixed fruit...odd tasting. Business center is quite comfy with several computers available. WiFi also available. When booking by phone, staff alerted us to additional discount available to us so our room was $123 including taxes. I felt the room decor could use updating but my husband disagreed with me sooooo...

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2010

This was an ok motel.The front staff was nice, the housekeeping was behind & had towels & blankets in the hallway.I asked one of the housekeepers where something was & he replied good question, I dont know.but didnt try to find out for me.then there was a small altercation between housekeepers in the hall about why they were behind,not very professional. don't stay in 134 it's next to their laundry room & loud base music played for hours then finally turned it down at 9 pm but could still hear it, drove me nuts,my bedskirt fell off the bed & this awful dog smell came wafting up from below .yuk. if your allergic beware, there were all size dogs staying & barking in the night.didnt bother me, but if your allergic you dont want to stay. nice pool, hot tub, good breakfast buffet.you can walk to cracker barrell. & conoco next to motel

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kiannahsmom
Reviewed June 24, 2010

A breakfast buffet with a great selection of both hot and cold items.

a room in the back faces a hill and it very quiet.

The front desk people go th extra mile to meet your needs.

Only a hop, skip and jupm from the highway.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rojo-amigo
Reviewed June 16, 2010

I had the opportunity to stay at the Grant Creek Inn when my business took me to Missoula for the first time. From the moment I checked in until the minute I left, I felt welcomed and appreciated during my stay. The hotel was clean and inviting, every member of the staff that I encountered acknowledged me with a warm and friendly greeting. My room was spacous with plenty of work space, The FREE breakfast was delicous with a wide variety of choices. When my business brings me back to Missoula, I will without a doubt return to the Grant Creek Inn. Thank you everyone for the kind hospitality.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business