All reviews private suite female dorm mixed dorm older home triple room historic house the location is perfect downtown missoula full kitchen perfect stay within walking distance up to date comfortable stay road trip a great place to stay the river dylan
Reviewed September 29, 2016

This was my second stay with Shady Spruce Hostel. It is still a great and affordable accommodation in beautiful Missoula, MT. This a very clean and well-kept hostel with considerate and friendly travelers. Perfectly located in downtown Missoula! Chris the owner is awesome and helpful to everyone's needs. Thanks again!

1  Thank racquelf531
Reviewed September 28, 2016 via mobile

I have been hosteling since I was 18--40+ years and this may be the most lovely and clean hostel I have ever stayed in. It is a early Victorian House that has been completely remodeled with such thoughtfulness you would think your were staying in a boutique hotel except it is a welcoming hostel. We stayed in the private suite complete with tiny kitchen and bathroom. There was Art deco furniture and even the shower floor was a work of art. If I had been traveling alone I would have stayed in the dorm which had charming touched of private curtains around each mattress in the bunks. We used the modern house kitchen, gleaming new appliances and very well equipped. There is a dining room with a large table with placemats and bistro table and chairs. The hanging lampshades are made of stained glass and there is a ceiling painting of birds in flight done by the owners nephew. There are even 4 laptop computers for guests to use and of course WI-FI. Great location near a small and vibrant downtown in this University town. A thank you to Dylan, the manager for all his kindness and the owners who have made their dream come true for them and their visitors.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2016

"My partner and I recently stayed in the private suite, for a second time. We describe the place to friends as a funky modern boutique hotel-throwback from the olden days! Their downtown location is hard to beat and super close to the places we like to visit in Missoula. Expect to meet a friendly approachable staff who keeps an expansive and recently renovated house clean, calm, and meticulously prepared for guests. Above all, I appreciate how simple these guys make booking, check-in and departure. We've made reservations both online and over the phone and each time received an informative reply with door code that allowed us to check in and out on our own. We feel it's unique to see on-site staff encourage independence and respect privacy while making themselves readily available to guests who need a little advice or help getting settled. There's definitely no awkward mass production bed-farming going on at Shady Spruce, but DO check it out for yourself."

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed September 27, 2016

friendly and helpful host. The interior of the hostel is very nice, my room even had am own small kitchen and was clean. Nothing to complain at all. Check in and out was flexible and no problem. Thank you very much for the nice stay!

Reviewed September 26, 2016

I enjoyed my stay 100%. The staff were remarkably friendly and helpful. the setup was comfortable and I had no problem accessing the place after hours. I also enjoyed the very friendly hostel guests, who were welcoming and even helped me get settled when I showed up long before check-in time. I appreciated this immensely, sine I had spent the previous night sleeping on a bench at Missoula International. Shady Spruce: highly recommend.

2  Thank N9502CXmatthewg