“Decent Enough”

Sushi Hana Downtown
Reserve with OpenTable
Sushi Hana Downtown is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #122 of 297 Restaurants in Missoula
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Specializing in sushi, Sushi Hana Downtown is the first sushi bar and Japanese restaurant to open in Montana. We serve traditional Japanese and sushi dishes as well as original contemporary ones.
Reviewed August 7, 2012

The sushi was not that bad, and since it was a Tuesday and they were trying to move a lot of fish, they gave me a killer deal on some of the rolls. The chef did have a signature yellowfin roll that was incredible as well. Prices are fair to moderate.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

So, a mixture of blah and barf is my summation of this downtown eatery. Sushi is always kind of "off".. not bad and not spoiled of course, but not quite fresh. Also, alot of the ingredients / condiments / etc appear to be canned or prepackaged, which is not great. Of course, as always, pricing definitely does not reflect these budget minded decisions.

Also, I don't know if it matters or not but at least one server here probably should not be serving the public, rude and slow... I'll include that because I harbor grudges against strangers who are somehow unfriendly to me. Again, as with my separate review of another downtown place holder El Cazador, a restaurant on Reserve is a much much better choice - Nara Sushi.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

I got sushi and udon noodle soup. I usually eat sushi here as it is acceptable. However, their noodle soup was horrible; Overcooked noodle and strange vegetables. I am not sure how they could call it "udon." As a Japanese (born and raised in Japan), I have had thousands of udon. And the Udon I had here have been worst so far in my life.

If you want to eat only sushi here, it is OK. However, for other dishes, you will never know.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

fun restaurant, great offerings on menu....Was very fresh...

Reviewed June 10, 2012

Wow, i came from Arizona and thought their sushi was great. Well, its a desert and their sushi was far fresher and tastier than this "sushi". Today is my anniversary, and wanted to treat my girlfriend to sushi. Well, big mistake! I would never go back to this restaurant again! Not even if i was starving and they had a free buffet! $20 for a small tray of teriyaki with rice and a "salad". The rice carton was small and half filled, and the "salad" consisted of 15 pieces of cucumber, three blueberries and a sliver of a strawberry, that may or may not have been intended to be in this salad. Oh and they forgot my soup! McDonalds make fresher food than this place!