“A Wonderful Retreat”

Blue Mountain Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 12 Missoula B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 4, 2008

I ended up staying twice in December. Once in the main building and once in the lodge. Both rooms were splendid. Cosy, clean and quite. And the food was excellent. Not only the breakfasts but the two special dinners we ordered for the holiday celebrations. I was very comfortable. The owners made me feel like family.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled solo

Reviewed April 3, 2008

I cannot imagine a more beautiful place, nor a more efficient, helpful, and welcoming host/hostess, for our wedding! The rustic but elegant setting made everything picturesque and easily decorated to fit our color scheme and the ambiance we wanted. Our guests stayed in the wonderful theme-decorated rooms, and socialized in the common areas, enriching the families' time together for this special event. The surroundings provided stunning backdrops for photographing the wedding party and families. The reception included an incredible array of delicious foods, selected especially for us and our needs. Breakfasts for us and our guests were spectacular creations of art - balanced in both color and healthful nutrition! Every detail and every need was attended to by our most gracious host and hostess, Brady and Elaine. Whether for a special occasion like ours, or simply for a brief get-away, the Blue Mountain Bed & Breakfast is an unforgettable, unique, and utterly delicious place to stay!

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed March 15, 2008

My wife and I have been to The Blue Mountain bed and breakfast one time before and had stayed in the Syringa Suite during that time. Brady who is one of the owners(along with his wife) of the establishment, met us as we had gotten out of our car and gave us a warm polite welcome. Our first experience included a full night's sleep in a very quiet room equipped with a soft king size bed. followed by a chef prepared breakfast that was to die for.Oh by the way, the coffee was excellent too.. We realized that we had found a jewel, and with another opportunity to visit, jumped at the chance again. This time we stayed in another room called the Sage Brush Suite, which has an excellent view of the southern section of the Missoula valley. Up stairs there is a pool table, big projector screen TV, plenty of lounging furniture, a card table with cards and games available, a stocked refrigerator, and a full candy dish which was our favorite(sorry Brady, but "now" I think your out of whoppers and hershey bars). The breakfast was again excellent!!.. This establishment is the only place we will stay when we're in Missoula. It has been permanently placed on my computer desktop, and in my favorites file. Best regards to all, Bob and Mary Golden..(Helena, Mt.)

Stayed: March 2008
Reviewed October 14, 2007

During our honeymoon in northwest Montana, my wife and I had the pleasure of staying three nights at the Blue Mountain B&B just outside Missoula. It was much better than advertised. The scenery was magnificent. Adjoining the primary home were a series of decks and gazebos that fit naturally into the backdrop of a waterfall. We were delighted to find that Blue Mountain is designated as a National Wildlife Sanctuary and took immense pleasure in watching the myriad hummingbirds, nuthatches, grosbeaks, and finches that were regular visitors to any of the several feeders. Brady and Elaine were courteous and gracious hosts who had that rare balance of friendly but unobtrusive hospitality. The food absolutely blew away any pre-conceived notions of the heavy and unimaginative repast we might have accepted. A souffle with green onion and bacon, a puff pancake with seasonal huckleberrys, and locally made sausage of chicken, sun-dried tomatoes, and gouda were on the menu. Our room was quiet, romantic, and the hot tub was the perfect end to a crisp evening spent on the deck testing out locally brewed beers and sipping red wine. Given the rather modest expectation we had before arrival and considering the reasonable price, we simply cannot overstate our satisfaction with our experience at Blue Mountain. Kudos to Brady and Elaine for delivering that seldom stumbled upon delight when expectations of the romantic imagination are far exceeded.

Stayed: August 2007
Reviewed October 2, 2007

Occasionally you find such a wonderful accommodation that the rating system seems far too limited. Blue Mountain B&B is just such a place. We were impressed with all aspects of our stay and will certainly stay there on out next visit.

We were able to stay six nights and Brady was able to make each gourmet breakfast a real experience in fine dining. He is indeed a wonderful chef and host.

The home and "guest house" where we stayed is lovely, each room is well appointed. Our room included books of the old west, comfortable leather chairs and a great log bed. We enjoyed a great view of the mountains each morning while enjoying our first cups of coffee. Brady and his wife have taken special care to plant flowers on the grounds as well as in pots on the expansive decks where we enjoyed his magnificent breakfasts. From the deck we could take in the mountains, watch the playful chipmunks, bird watch, and sit in awe of the numerous hummingbirds that are fed by Brady.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2007

We were only able to stay at this B&B one night, but wished we had set aside time to stay longer! The view was fantastic, the owners were friendly and accomodating, the food was wonderful, and the rooms were exceptional! We will definately stay here again when we return for a longer stay in this part of Montana.

Stayed: September 2007
Reviewed September 4, 2007

Being from Montana and hearing all my life growing up that I was from a slice of heaven, I never believed it till I stayed here! If there were a rating beyond 5/Excellent, I would choose it to describe this lovely treasure!
Needing a reservation for the beginning of Labor day weekend, I knew I might be in for a tough time. I stumbled upon this B&B on the web, through the Montana B&B website.
I studied the B&B's own website thoroughly, and was able to find the rates, the days available, the details that I needed, and much more! I emailed them directly and was responded to in a very timely manner! Even over email, I knew that we were dealing with a class act!
Along with my husband, who was celebrating a birthday over the weekend, we were planning to set out on a roadtrip from Seattle, looping through Missoula, then on to more "never-seen-or-stopped-at" destinations! If we would've been smarter, and had they not been booked, we should've just planted ourselves here and never left!
I can't say enough how accommodating Brady and Elaine were with our every need! We needed a late late "past all's bedtime" check-in; Brady was there by the phone to guide us, and to warmly greet us as we, as silent as we could, drove up the awesome driveway to his welcoming smile! Even with the late arrival, he graciously showed us around the different buildings, let me pick out a "wind-down" dvd out of his amazing collection, and made us feel at ease and comfortable before turning in for the night!
We were lucky enough to have booked the Rose Room, which I am only going to say "oh my goodness" to! Amazing everything: the Bed, I wanted to fold up and take with me. The Tub: wished I would've brought a larger suitcase. The decor: very elegant and classy yet comforting! The land and buildings: very well designed and put together. The View: amazing even through this year's fires' smoke. The Food: the best breakfasts I've ever eaten! Seriously! The conversation: friendly and informational!
Brady guided us on things to do, happenings around town, places to shop, must-eateries to slam down a great steak! The A.C. :what a welcoming ammenity! My husband and I went around town our entire stay, verbally advertising for this hidden treasure! Even if I lived in Missoula permently, I would make it a must stay now and again! Didn't want to leave!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Missoula
Best Western Plus Grant Creek Inn
#4 of 40 in Missoula
Hampton Inn Missoula
Hampton Inn Missoula
#3 of 40 in Missoula

Been to Blue Mountain Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!