“Holiday Haven”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Chicago
“Holiday Haven”
Reviewed December 30, 2007

Staying at Blossom's Bed and Breakfast was the best holiday away from home we could have ever asked for. Blossom and Troy take guests in with open arms and treat them to an amazing and relaxing experience. This vacation haven is in close proximity to the best shops, eateries and mountains and the food, rooms and living areas are second to none. Sitting around the enormous fireplace reminds you of home...one that you won't want to leave. We will never stay anywhere else when in Missoula.....actually, we've only been home for one day and we already miss it.

Stayed December 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Eugene, OR
Reviewed December 12, 2007

We highly recommend Blossom’s B&B located in the historic lower Rattlesnake district. We have stayed there several times and found the rooms comfortable, luxurious, and clean. The hosts Blossom and Troy made us feel at home; like a home away from home. The B&B is centrally located near the U of MT, Rattlesnake creek, Clark Fork river, quaint downtown Missoula, and a winery a mile or so up the road. Last summer we wandered through the "River Runs Through It" neighborhood onto Mount Jumbo a block away. Did we mention the great breakfasts. Wow!

alpine, texas
Reviewed October 16, 2007

The best thing about staying at Blossom' Bed and Breakfast was that it was just a lot of fun. The combination of personal interaction with Blossom and her husband, the relaxed atmosphere, the sense that a lot of effort was put into making the guest feel special made for one of the most enjoyable lodging experiences that my wife and I have experienced on our biannual treks from British Columbia to the American southwest. Highest rating-great value.

1 Thank jimorkaren
Minnesota
Reviewed September 8, 2007

Blossom's is a beautifully restored craftsman style B+B in a cute Missoula neighborhood not far from the University. I went to visit my daughter, who ended up staying overnight with me, as it was an oasis from the mundane dorm room. The room was lovely and reminded my daughter of home, but so much cleaner ! The bed was simply the most comfortable imaginable, and the bathroom perfect . Both mornings' talented young women prepared gourmet breakfasts with food fresh from the local markets. The organic coffee was out early in the a.m. for us addicts who can't wait for breakfast to get our caffeine fix.
Blossom herself is a joy. She's caring and personable, but not a bit intrusive ,and there's as much privacy as you'd like.
We were greeted simply with an open door, and a note with the room key saying that there was wine,beer,soft drinks and water in the fridge ,hot tea on the side table, and to call if we needed anything.
After having been to two hotels in Missoula previously, both more expensive than Blossom's with none of the perks, I'll only stay at Blossom's wonderful B+B when I visit Missoula again.

1 Thank Macsota
Texas
Reviewed June 4, 2007

Stayed May 31-June 2, 2007. The home and setting were beautiful, my room and bath were divine. Close to everything in Missoula. Great mountain trail a block away. A short hike and you can see the whole valley. Blossom is the warmest, most gracious and open of hostesses. Really made me feel part of the family. Stayed in the Linden room which over looked the beautiful garden and fountain. View of snow capped peak from front porch, lovely garden with chairs, swings, picnic tables.
Should I ever visit Missoula again, will only stay here.

• Liked — Beauty and service
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank TrulyTexan
Lolo
Reviewed May 23, 2007

Blossoms Bed and Breakfast is more than a place to lay my head. It is a place just like home. From the moment you walk in until you leave, you are made to feel like family!

• Stayed May 2007
1 Thank 930clv
Sunnyvale
Reviewed May 16, 2007

I booked my stay here because it was recommended for being close to the University and reasonably priced. Surprising bonus: Blossom and Troy ended up being fabulous hosts!!! I got to know them on a personal level; you can really tell they love what they do. Their home is BEAUTIFUL and so cozy. It definitely has an historical feel to it, but they’ve added a lot of modern touches (the “Posturpedic” mattress was amazing, and you can’t go wrong with a flat-screen TV). As far as the breakfast: make sure you tell Blossom if you have any preferences/dietary needs, I’m pretty sure she will cook whatever you like if you give her advanced notice. I requested Mexican Casserole with free-range ground beef... it was fantastic! This place came highly recommended to me, and I would like to double that recommendation and pass it on to you. Seriously, why stay in a sterile, faceless hotel room when you can have genuine hospitality and delicious food for basically the same price???

• Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Stargazer32