“Excellent Hotel”

Ranked #2 of 39 Hotels in Missoula
Seattle, United States
“Excellent Hotel”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Booked on hotwire. Very nice facility, would definitely stay here again. The breakfast would have been $10 extra, so we just got something on the road. It looked very nice, though, and it was all you could eat. They have a little market pantry if you're craving something late at night or just don't want to go out. However, there were three vanilla based ice creams and NO CHOCOLATE. Lame.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Todd L, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Missoula, responded to this review, August 11, 2015
Thank you for taking the time and leaving feedback on your stay at HGI Missoula. We appreciate your business, and value your comments. We look forward to serving you in the future!

The HGI Missoula Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Bozeman, United States
Reviewed May 4, 2014

We waited about 10 minutes to get checked in. The front desk clerk was so overwhelmed she had no time to do anything more than hand us a key and call on the next person in line. Plus the room was not quiet. We could hear people in the hallway and somewhere (up, down, next door?) we heard someone in the bathroom. Room is very expensive and not worth it at all.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Helena, Montana
Reviewed April 23, 2014

My husband and I stayed for a training I was a part of. The room was very clean. The bed was very comfortable. The desk in the room worked well for my husband to do his computer programming. It was nice to have a refrigerator and microwave. I am not a fan of the Kureg coffee maker but the hotel had coffee available in the lobby that was quite good. In the evening, they offered tea and sweets. No complaints...just an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Very clean rooms and friendly staff! My wife and I will definitely stay here again! They really make your stay very comfortable. They even offered a list of awesome restaurants in the area for dinner. The breakfast was also impressive. Nothing about the stay was bad.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Detroit Lakes
Reviewed April 17, 2014

I would like to begin by saying that the appearance of the hotel is wonderful . We stayed for three nights, booked through Priceline, in a room with two queen beds. The room was well cleaned, and linens where fresh and crisp. A Kureg coffee maker was in the room which was nice, as well as a nice pool and whirlpool area.

I was surprised to find that at check-in, that if you book on a 3rd party website, you aren't treated as a 'true' Hilton guest. Where as the guests in front of me where all offered water, and a complementary breakfast, I was not. The representative that checked me in, claimed that since I did not book directly with them, I would not receive these perks...

After check-in my family and I, went to the room to freshen up for the day. As I was getting out of the shower, I noticed that my mother was using hairspray. The second I opened the bathroom door the fire alarm set off! I phoned the front desk, and they told me someone was on the way to fix the problem. When I steeped out into the hallway to address the maintenance worker who was sent, the first words out of his mouth where, "I hear someone is smoking in the room!" I was blown away that the man would have the nerve to speak to a guest like that, in all places but a Hilton! Of course, no one was smoking in the room at all. He then accused me of spraying hairspray too close to the fire-extinguisher, and that what set it off, and then said, " You can explain to the fire department what happened, when they get here." As I waited for the fire department to arrive, the front desk employee explained that this happens quite often. During this situation I was never apologized to a SINGLE time, because it was 100% my fault, I guess....

Room Tip: I would probably search elsewhere until you can assure that the fire alarms are fixed properly.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank 588alexanderr

Libby
Reviewed April 9, 2014

This is a nice clean and comfortable hotel. The staff was pleasant and helpful. Location was good and convenient Food was good. They offer a lot of amenities such as gym and hot tub. They are not pet friendly so I doubt I would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Billings, Montana
Reviewed April 7, 2014

I had some problems with getting a detailed (required by my employer) receipt for a room service bill. I had tried to contact the restaurant multiple times, but within minutes of contacting management at the Hilton Garden Inn I received a call. He asked the right questions and even followed-up with a second call the same day. First thing the next morning I received a copy of exactly what I was looking for. The hotel its self is a great hotel, but the quick response from the management team put it over the top. I would highly recommend this Hilton Garden Inn for their outstanding customer service.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business