“Terrible Hilton property”

Hilton Garden Inn Missoula
Ranked #6 of 40 Hotels in Missoula
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I stay in Hilton properties many nights per year all over the U.S. This is one of the worst ones ever if not the worst. The hotel is old and the rooms need to be updated. My room and my entire floor has been heavily perfumed for lack of a better word. Perhaps it was once a "smoking" floor and has since been changed. I tried to change but was unable to. There were no rooms available. In addition, the mattress is a disgrace - very lumpy. The carpet is stained. Overall my advice is to stay elsewhere!

Room Tip: Don't stay here but it you have to, stay off the sixth floor. It smells so strong.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank 80beam
Todd L, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Missoula, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2015

Thank you for taking the time and leaving feedback on your stay at HGI Missoula. We appreciate your business, and value your comments. We look forward to serving you in the future!

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Well after a 500 mile ride on my Harley I was looking for a quiet, comfortable and relaxing hotel. I found it at Hilton Garden Inn in Missoula. The staff was great, the room was quite, large and so was the bathroom. There is a casino and restaurant next store with excellent food and great atmosphere.

Room Tip: Get the Breakfast package it is well worth it.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Lobby is very nice! Service was terrible! Sheets were worn and pillows had a dirty foul smell!

And when we checked in, we were given two coupons for two free drinks. We ask when the reception started and where! The girl at the desk said she did not know when it started because it was not held there! Said it was held at the Blue Canyon, but she did not no when it started and did not make any attempt on her own to find out. We ask her if she would find out when it started, again, her comment was I don't know! We said you mean you can not find out! Finally she called and ask some one. It was held at a place called the Blue Canyon, outside the hotel a short walk away. Snacks were on you, so we used our drink coupons and ordered a small pizza, which was very good.

This hotel needs some serious changes made!! The next morning I discovered I had left my sweater at the Blue Canyon. I ask the girl, a different girl at the front desk, how and where I should go to find out about the sweater. Again we got the answer I Don't KNOW!

We spend between thirty and forty nights a year in hotels, a large amount in Hilton Hotels? This hotel is far below the normal Hilton standard. In fact it left such a bad taste, we decided not to stay in any Hilton Gardens for the rest of our seven week trip! Hilton Garden needs to wake up and make some changes.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank usroadrats

Reviewed September 4, 2013

For a pricey hotel, our room was not ready until 2 hours after the published check in time of 3:00. We were not allowed to collect rewards points because I made the reservation but the card has his name on it. A lovely facility but rather expensive in comparison to other places in town.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
2  Thank David P

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Great Staff, clean rooms, nice facility, great location, nice indoor pool, plenty of free parking, fabulous lobby. Military friendly hotel staff, went out of their way to accommodate a critically injured veteran. The entire hotel was clean, tidy, friendly staff and quick service from the staff.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Working on assignment in Missoula, Montana I decided to try the beautiful Hilton Garden Inn. The interior is lovely. Fresh healthy oatmeal bars were laid out to greet me in the lobby along with coffee, tea and lemonade. That is a classy touch. Very nice check-in specialist was at the top of his game. A nice room on the fifth floor was provided at the government rate. The room is nicely furnished. The air conditioner was running; Trane brand. It was quite loud. That surprised me. I finally shut if off so I could decompress with some channel surfing. They have a very good channel selection. Ready for slumber, I crawled into the nice king bed. What is this? There's a divot or a swell where people place their derriere. I slid to the other side and discovered a matching divot there. I had to slide to the middle to find that flat space on the mattress for this bed. I have never had that experience in a hotel before. It seems this mattress is either way past it's useful life or it has to be flipped over. I woke up with a backache that I suffered from all day at work. Not at all the Hilton experience I expected. Another disappointment is that there is no breakfast included in the daily rate. There is a grill-master creating breakfast made to order, for only $9.99. I walked over to the International House of Pancakes instead for a to-go omelet.
During my assignment in Missoula, I booked many 20 person crews into Missoula lodging. I have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express, Com-On Inn, Ruby's, Staybridge, Wyngate and Stone Brook. The Hilton was a disappointment and I decided I wouldn't book another government entity there, because they aren't the best value in that area. Quite sad as I like to earn Hilton Honors points.

Room Tip: As for one with an Eastern or Western view. To your North is the Catapillar yard; not pretty, and to...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank inh0gheaven

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We recently returned from a trip to Glacier National Park. On the night of our arrival we stayed here.
I had not stayed at a Hilton Garden Inn before but selected it because of its location.
The staff were very helpful and accomodating. The room was awesome with a great bed and I had a wonderful nights sleep after a long flight.
The next morning I was disappointed to learn that there was no free breakfast. However, our group opted to pay the $9.99 for a breakfast buffet. I am glad we did. I had a made to order omelet and some of the best bacon I have ever tasted. Well worth the price and I would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Todd L, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Missoula, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2015