“Great value for the nicest lodgings in the Missoula city limits. Convenient to I-90.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Missoula

and 1 more site!
Hilton Garden Inn Missoula
Ranked #3 of 39 Hotels in Missoula
Lewistown, Montana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

Best place to stay in Missoula. I tried both the smoking and nonsmoking rooms. The smoking room was pretty smelly and you can't open the window to let smoke out, but the non-smoking room was fresh smelling and pleasant. If you intend on utilizing the guest laundry, bring your own quarters because they did not have change at the front desk and no change machine is provided in the laundry room. The location is convenient and the Inn is very easy find and in close proximity to the Reserve Street exit. The staff was extremely pleasant and helpful with the exception of one housekeeper who made an extraordinary amount of noise rather late at night, crashing a big cart around in the utility room next to my room and bumping it noisily down the corridor. My two night stay was very nice except for these experiences and I highly recommend the Missoula Hilton Garden Inn.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not in proximity to the utility rooms at the end of the corridor! The worker...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Todd L, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Missoula, responded to this review, August 7, 2015
Thank you for taking the time and leaving feedback on your stay at HGI Missoula. We appreciate your business, and look forward to serving you in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

This place is really nice......I got the room for $49 on priceline......it has it all....pool, hot tub, great workout room, and it is connected to a restaurant and lounge.....they also have a buffet breakfast in the lobby for $9.95....location is on reserve just off the highway......lots of food options nearby.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

In mid December 2012, when we visited "Thelma" in Missoula, MT, we made prior reservations online for Hilton Garden Inn in Missoula. I believe we found an online special for a single, non-smoking room with a king bed for around $89 (plus tax and fees and fall-d-ral). We also saw that they were running a special for including breakfast for an additional $6 per day charge. Ordinarily, if you purchase breakfast there, it will run you $10 per person, per day, so this seemed like a good deal. So for a bit under $100 per day total, we got quite a nice room.

The room had the typical chair, desk, wifi, fridge, coffee maker etc. Nothing fancy but clean, in good shape, and reasonably new. We also got to try out their own brand of bed, the Garden Sleep System. It's sort of a hybrid cross between a sleep number air bed and a Tempurpedic memory foam bed. Once we figured it out (they come in the king rooms and nobody really mentioned the bed to us), we adjusted ours to the firmest setting. You have to hunt for the dial. There is on on each side of the bed and you have to move the sheet and mattress pad and a little trap door in the mattress cover to find it. It also has a wool topper.

At first, we thought...Oh crap...this bed is like a hammock. But I gotta tell ya...I slept well and hardly changed positions at all. I think I would dig this bed a LOT. I had none of my typical aches, pains or headache that I get at home. I looked them up. The beds START at $1899 and go all the way up to at least $3,500! Holy crap! That's a tad out of my budget...OK a LOT out of my budget. It's on my list for when I win the lottery. Yes they have easy payments, but that's more credit card debt than we want. You can look up the beds online and buy them there if you want.

The bathroom was spacious and I like those shower curtains on the arched bar that give you a feel of more room in the shower.

I'm not sure if they were at capacity or if it was a dead time for the hotel, but it was quiet. We didn't see many other guests...even at breakfast. So I'm not sure if there would be noise between rooms or not. We didn't hear any. But it was a few days before Christmas.

It was a little challenging to get the room temp adjusted to a comfortable level. It was either really cold or too hot. We just kept adjusting it up a degree or down a degree but it was hard to find the sweet spot.

I was looking for decent price and good value as well as a breakfast option that included something other than packaged sweet rolls and a rubbery hard boiled egg (if you were lucky enough to even FIND protein as an option). This breakfast may have been a highlight. Not only did they have the requisite juice, coffee and rolls, but fresh fruit, cottage cheese, and hot items (hot cereal, bacon, sausage, potatoes, biscuits and gravey) AND, they had a chef on hand to make items to order like eggs, pancakes, french toast and such. It really was great and a very good value at that $6 per day added special price. Which meant we got all we could eat for $3 each. So look for that online deal...it's totally worth it.

If I had a single complaint...and it would be a very minor one, the chef staff behind the breakfast counter seemed to be a bit indifferent, or like they were ignoring us each time we came to ask for eggs or french toast or such. Once we got them to come to the front, they were fast with the order and the food was good. I only mention it because it sort of stood out against all of the other very proactive service we received. Oh, and they did charge us for something on our bill that was not accurate but quickly reversed it. It always pays to go over your bill.

Did I mention they have cookies at the front desk. Yum.

The staff was super friendly and helpful. Check in and check out was quick and easy.

We didn't eat at the attached restaurant. It was a bit pricey for our budget. We didn't use the pool or the fitness room or anything other than the breakfast lounge and our room. The view of the mountains from our window on the fourth floor was quite lovely. We would stay here again.

Note: I read some of the dissatisfied reviews...at least one of them must have been of an older hotel no longer there because it didn't match. Other complaints included overbooking/being bumped upon arrival, a change in the room rate from what was reserved, billing issues and windows that don't open. Being bumped/room rate changes/overbooking would be a total deal breaker for me if this had happened to us. The only thing I can suggest is that you prepay either over the phone or online with a credit card, get a confirmation number, and print it. Hopefully this would cement your booking and your room rate. I'm not sure though. And always check your bill before you check out, check your room rate upon arrival, and insist that it is as it should be or was agreed upon. Get management involved if need be. We have a very positive experience.

Room Tip: You can always ask to see a room before deciding if you want to. I like rooms where people aren'...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Medford, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

The hotel room was OK but they charged me 20.00 per night more than others in my company for the exact same room. Called to ask why and asked them to correct the mistake and was given several reasons that could have been the reason made no sense i.e. you had a bed and breakfast rate others in my group did also, then it was number of nights stayed, then it was could be the day i checked in, or maybe they were Hilton members but we are all Hilton members . Ultimately i spend lots of nights in Hilton properties and this was the first time I felt ripped off.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Kyra_casaviveconfe
Ron A, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Missoula, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us in the first place and being a Hilton guest. It is true that our rates change and it is really based on demand. If you book a room several weeks out and there is a lot of availability typically the rates are lower. We are a short term house meaning unless we have a convention in then most of our rooms are booked within a 10 day window so the closer you book to your arrival date, unless you have a corporate or negotiated volume rate with us, typically the more the room will cost. This is just industry standard. Since you mention that you stay with us frequently I would suggest you contact us for a local negotiated rate for your company. Again thank you and we look forward to seeing you again and I invite you to contact me personally. Ron Anderson, General Manager
Gardiner, Montana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

This is a nice place to stay in Missoula. We have stayed in other hotels here and this is so far the best. We went to a conference and they did a good job.

Here are the pros:
The rooms have a microwave & refrigerator (a plus, but the refrigerator was very noise - so we had to turn it off at night),
Clean.
Comfortable bed with fitted bottom sheet.
Friendly staff that tries.
Nice pool and spa (small but since there was no one there it was great).
Quite.

Here are the cons:
The windows did not open (at all) so you have to use the A/C even if it is cold outside.
Noisy refrigerator (see above).
That it!

It is a very good place to stay if you are in Missoula.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank YBIInnkeeper
We are thrilled you enjoyed your conference and experience here at the Hilton Garden Inn in Missoula! Thank you for taking your time to express your thoughts and regarding the windows they are designed to stay permanently closed but hopefully with our airconditioning system that should negate the need to open the windows. Please call the front desk and ask for maintenance and we will ensure the comfort of your room, as well as mitigate any noise from a refrigerator. Thank you again for your business and we look forward to seeing you on your return to Missoula! Ron Anderson General Manager
Forsyth, Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

I was there for the Montana Lodging and Hospitality Association convention. The Missoula Hilton Garden Inn is a great place for your meetings. The meeting rooms were set up correctly, there were no technical glitches with the equipment like microphones, projectors, etc. The food was fantastic for our convention meals, as was the food in the Blue Canyon Restaurant. It was all well prepared and served hot to your table, even for a group of 200+ attendees. The guest rooms are very clean and comfortable. I didn't have time to explore the other amenities like the exercise room but noticed other guests using them. I would definitely return there for any meeting.

Room Tip: get a room with a "odd" number for a view of the "M" mountain behind the campus.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank sundowner7_12
Thank you for taking your valuable time and submitting a Trip Advisor review for our hotel! We are pleased that you enjoyed your visit with us as that is our goal to exceed everyone's expectations! Ron Anderson General Manager
Dripping Springs, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

The next time I'm in Missoula, I'll stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. The front desk representatives are very friendly. Our room was clean, large and nice in every way. The room was quiet and the hotel is located in a convenient place near restaurants and shopping. The shower worked well and the shampoos, soaps, and lotions smelled very nicely. The sheets were soft and inviting. Every member of the staff went above and beyond to make us feel like valued guests. A cooked-to-order breakfast is available at a reasonable price. The pool facility was nice and was heated. There is a laundry room with 2 washers and 2 dryers near the pool. I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate your review very much and are pleased you enjoyed your visit, particularly our bathroom amenities and cooked to order breakfast. We have a very dedicated staff and when we deliver good customer service as measured by surveys like yours it is very satisfying for all of our staff. Thank you for your comments and we look forward to hosting your next Missoula, Mt. visit!