“scrumptious food with Hilton Garden Inn”

Hilton Garden Inn Missoula
Ranked #2 of 39 Hotels in Missoula
Wenatchee, WA
“scrumptious food with Hilton Garden Inn”
Reviewed October 25, 2011

This was our 3rd visit to Missoula and staying in the HGI. They have Blue Canyon, a restaurant that is in their complex along with the convention center and casino. The food in Blue Canyon is most likely the best choice in all of Missoula for casual fine dining.
It is great fun to sit up at their "Chef's Table" bar-counter at the far end of the open kitchen. You can watch all the preparations being done plus talk to the line cooks. They are knowledgable and friendly to boot. They just rolled out a new menu, not sure if the new one is on-line yet.
HGI has a lot of pluses going for it, such as location, near the shopping centers, near the airport, easy to get to from I-90. Very helpful staff members, adjustable mattresses and a nice counter height bathroom with a full wall counter.
My tastebuds and I can't wait to go there again to try out more things on Blue Canyon's menu. Bon Appetit, Ms. S. Claus

Room Tip: They are all good rooms in my experience, though I have not stayed in a suite.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Libber M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Chicago
Reviewed October 25, 2011

I stayed at this hotel at the end of September. I was very pleasantly surprised by the overall impression and room. There is a pool and hot tub and a wonderful restaurant just around the corner serving upscale food. Free airport shuttle. I will definitely stay here on my next visit to Missoula.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank SeanKStewart
Berkeley, California
Reviewed October 14, 2011

Our stay last year at Missoula's Hilton Garden Inn was marred by poor bedding - saggy, floppy mattresses and sheets that wouldn't stay attached to them. To their credit, the hotel management acknowledged our dissatisfaction with a gift certificate for a free night's stay and a promise "to exceed your expectations on your next trip to Missoula." To that end we recently made plans to once again visit during Family Weekend at University of Montana, and we confirmed a reservation for two nights, October 14-16.

Unfortunately, our expectations didn't really get an opportunity to be exceeded, or even met. En route to the hotel this evening, we called to confirm our late arrival, only to discover that the hotel had no record of our reservation. When we provided our confirmation number, we found out that the hotel mistakenly booked our reservation for September 14-16, rather than October. Oh, and the hotel is completely booked for this weekend - they don't have a room for us.

Disappointing, to say the least, and inconvenient, too. Particularly because I spoke personally with a manager when making our reservation - I wanted to let them know that we had a gift certificate, to make sure it would be okay to use during a popular weekend. How that request got turned into a Wed-Fri reservation a month too soon is a mystery to me.

But it's not a mystery I intend to solve. We've had two unsatisfactory experiences with this hotel, and that's enough for me. I dislike writing bad reviews, but there's no way we are going to risk another disappointment here. There are plenty of other hotels in Missoula, and from now on when we visit, we'll stay at one of them.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
7 Thank sundogg99
Huntington, West Virginia
Reviewed October 9, 2011

I stayed at this property in September 2011 while in the area on business. I was sold a king room for one night for $125. I arrived late and left early. I wish I could have stayed at the property longer.

The hotel is located in a primarily business focused area of Missoula. It is just off an interstate exit. The exterior is clean and well kept and blends with the surroundings.

The lobby area is spacious and welcoming. Desk staff were polite and helpful and check-in was a breeze given my use of e-check-in.

Elevator service was prompt and cabs were clean and well kept. Interior hallways were well lit and clean as well.

The room was found to be spotless and well furnished for this price point. The overall design reminds one of a well thought out western home. All electrical devices were operable, bedding/furniture were in good repair and the bath was fresh and well stocked. A plus to the room was oversized closet space, microwave and refrigerator. The room was amazingly quiet leading to a restful night.

Check-out was literally a one minute affair. I was thanked for my business and offered local directions to a meeting site.

This is a very well run property, and it shows. I rarely travel to the west but would not hesitate to stay at this location in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for a southern facing room - great views!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank cburley
Santee, California
Reviewed October 2, 2011

We stay here a few times a year and when we can get rooms we are always happy here..Its close to all the places to eat and even play some video poker. The only issue we had was the fire alarm kept going off in the morning. The staff were nice and overall I will keep coming back.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank mpbunch
Houston, Texas
Reviewed October 1, 2011

From the welcoming check-in to check-out, this stay provided exactly what we are always hoping for in the hotels we stay at when we travel for leisure. Most often, we stay at a Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn Express. Hilton Garden Inns often (or always?) feature a bed with an air control for varying degrees of firmness. Not knowing how that type of bed would work for us, we had been a little leery of staying at Hilton Garden Inns. Well, without changing the bed's control setting, we didn't really notice much difference from a non-air type, high quality hotel bed.
This experience has us looking for a Hilton Garden Inn hotel in the places we will stay on our next trip.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BigTXN
Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed September 29, 2011

This is a great place to stay if you have a morning flight; it's just a short, free shuttle ride to the airport. The hotel is clean, comfortable, and quiet, with the nice amenities of a Hilton Garden Inn. Front desk staff is friendly, helpful and very efficient. Highly recommend!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo