“The staff is the BEST”

Ranked #18 of 39 Hotels in Missoula
Dallas, Texas
“The staff is the BEST”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

My company flew me into Missoula for a 2 day meeting and the airlines lost my luggage. The girls at the front desk (Elizabeth and Allison) were wonderful. They gave me everything I needed to get through the night, and pointed me in the direction of an open 24 hours Super Wal-Mart that was very close to the hotel. They listened to me complain about my ordeal with the airlines and with getting a rental car. They genuinely listened to me, which sometimes that is all you need. The next morning, when my luggage finally arrived, I came downstairs to find coffee, and was pleasantly surprise to find out they served Starbucks!! This hotel has the new style Bistro. I had seen the Bistro at other hotels but had just never tried it before. I had come down for coffee and ended up having a delicious breakfast sandwich to go with my Starbucks coffee. Ruby, the front desk girl was very friendly and helped me get directions to where my meeting was downtown. She pointed out several places in the downtown area that I should check out since I would already be in that area. She was right. I had a great time. Tons of little shops and places to eat at. Allison and Elizabeth were back on shift when I came back later in the evening. They had remembered my name and had asked me how my day had been. Once again, I felt like they really cared about me, and that my time in Missoula that day had been a good one. I really can not say enough about how great this hotel staff was. I want to thank them all and let their management know what a treasure they have got in those three ladies. I will be back!

Room Tip: The rooms are newly remodeled and wonderful. The tub was a little slippery and may need to be re-su...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Sophia M
Cathleen S, General Manager at Courtyard Missoula, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank You so much for your kind words about my staff. The three ladies you mentioned are very genuine in how they treat each of our guests. They love their jobs, and it shows when I see reviews like the one you wrote. I am so pleased that you had such a terrific experience at our property. We are very fortunate that the Super Wal-Mart is very close to our property and is open 24 hours per day for the things guests need, sometimes in the middle of the night. We all look forward to your next trip to Missoula.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

The staff was friendly and provided prompt service. The beds are comfy and there was plenty of places to get hot coffee. The gym was small, but they had nice elipticals and free weights. It was a nice touch to see the pool and hot tub. The courtyard gaze bo was gorgeous a good place to play guitar. Overall a great stay.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank NaturesTraveler
Cathleen S, General Manager at Courtyard Missoula, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
WOW !!! and Thank You ! It sounds like you got to enjoy a good portion of what we have to offer here at our property. We are always excited to here that our guests have actually explored outside of their rooms and found the gazebo, brand new fire pit and patio furniture. The creek that runs right next to our property if also very relaxing to listen to. I am also very glad to hear that our staff took such good care of you as well. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Missoula.
Missoula, Montana
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Their coffee machine needs to be replace otherwise watch out because it does not actually brew to the pitcher and it was leaking. I don't like continental breakfast. That's what they served when we were there. I could just saved extra money to buy my own breakfast at some other place. The bathroom nearby the pool was dirty well it was already late night though. Friendly staff? hmm...well they say Good Morning but the worst one, my husband needed a luggage cart but the front desk clerk said they only have one so my husband ending up carrying our staffs I can't helped him too much because I had to watched our toddler and infant. It would be helpful if we could use luggage cart but somebody was using it. It was a horrible stay on my birthday!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Pearl U
Cathleen S, General Manager at Courtyard Missoula, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
I am so sorry to hear that your stay with us was not to our Marriott award winning standard. We strive to make every stay the best it can be. I am so disappointed to hear that your stay was anything less than perfect. We take your comments very seriously, and will use this opportunity as a training for both our front desk and housekeeping. Our new Bistro is now up and running, serving healthy and full breakfast options. I am sorry that our luggage carts were not available to you. My front desk staff should have offered to help assist your husband with your luggage. Please accept my sincere apology. This is not our standard for service and we hope you give us a chance in the future to prove that to you.
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I have stayed here before, and will stay again. The rooms are great and impeccably clean, and the staff is incredibly friendly and helpful.

Something strange happened on my last visit, though. They gave us a late checkout, but our keys all stopped working at Noon (2 rooms, 4 keys). The desk was not at all apologetic - just said that was 'normal.' But this was unusual and it won't stop me from staying here again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank You for taking the time to answer a few questions about us on TripAdvisor. Any and all feedback is helpful to me. It is always nice to hear we are doing something right. We love our new upgrades and I am happy that you loved them as well. All keys expire at noon on the day of departure. I am sorry that the front desk staff did not inform you of that when you asked for your later check out time, and that they didn't extend your keys at that time. I am very please you will be back to see us again in the future.
Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful property. Very hospitable staff. Hotel is new and well maintained. Room was large and comfortable. Had all the amenities. Beds were very comfy. Slept like a log. Very convenient to everything and only 5 minutes to downtown. Would definitely stay here again

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for your wonderful and encouraging words about my staff. I am so pleased that you also enjoyed our new upgrades. We look forward to seeing you for your future stays in Missoula.
Twin Falls, Idaho, United States
Reviewed May 24, 2013

We had an awesome stay!!! They just renovated and the whole place is great. The staff always makes us feel at home. The rooms are super comfortable. We can't wait for the new Bistro to open so we can enjoy that on our next stay. Thank You Marriott Missoula for always taking such great care of us.

Room Tip: Check out the new patio and listen to the creek that runs right next to the hotel.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
I was very happy to read your responses about our hotel and our hotel staff. It is always great to hear that our guest have enjoyed their stay with us. I love our new patio, along with all the other great upgrades we have made to our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again, the next time you are in Missoula.
Maui
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have always loved this hotel because of the staff. The front desk staff makes me feel like I am home. I am so glad they have renovated. Although I have loved this hotel I hated the beds, they were as hard as a rock but I just delt with it because they staff is so great. I am usually checked in by Allison (I think) or Samantha and they are so funny. They know me now so we talk about cats and hometowns. They always have time for me. Now that they have new beds I will continue to stay but now I am way more comfortable sleeping.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Cathleen S, General Manager at Courtyard Missoula, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Thank You for the kind words you said here about our staff. They really do strive to do a great job for each guest and to make each stay a wonderful one. We are super excited about our new look and upgrades to our hotel. The beds are fantastic !!! We have gotten lots of feedback about the comfort of the new mattresses. Thank You for taking the time to answer a few questions about us. We look forward to many more visits from you in the future.