“Absolutely disgusting”

Brownies Plus Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Missoula
Brownies Plus Motel
Ranked #29 of 40 Hotels in Missoula
Reviewed August 6, 2006

This motel was disgusting. The carpets were tacky with moisture and the rooms themselves were simply rank. In addition, the clerks charged a random $75 fee three days after we had checked out! These are some truly shady characters running this place, [----------------]

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank hughjohnson

Reviewed August 6, 2006

Wow. What an incredibly awful place. I wish that we had known what we were getting ourselves into...the carpet in our room was sticky and gritty and dirty - we ended up wearing shoes the entire time we were in the room. The curtains covering the window didn't meet, so there was a gap about 6" wide that allowed anyone to see into the room. The lamp over our bed kept flicking on and off, so we pulled the mattress away from the wall to see a beat-up outlet that was arching over the plug to the lamp. Needless to say we feared an electrical fire each night when we went to bed on the plastic-covered mattress. Ick. I don't know if I'll ever shower that place off me.

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
3  Thank Sonomagirl
Reviewed July 11, 2005

One of the worst mistakes I've ever made was checking into Brownies Plus Motel for an extended 12 night stay. I read the reviews before making the reservation, and noticed there were some problems mentioned (especially with cleanliness) but I figured maybe the comments were just from people who had a bad experience. The price was right, so I went ahead and booked the room. Big, Big Mistake! The motel is even filthier than I could have imagined. The carpet was so disgusting I wondered if the room had been used as a dog kennel. I showered the first night and took four steps from the shower stall to the bed... when I got to the bed my feet were black. I wiped up a water spill in the bathroom, and the rag I used was black from the dirt off the floor. There just isn't enough space here to describe all the problems with this motel. The next day I found other living arrangements at a different location. Unfortunately, I missed the checkout time by an hour so the clerk charged me for two days, and raised my rate to the highest rate possible. I ended up paying more for the room for one night than I would have paid at any other hotel in Missoula. I would definitely recommend staying away from this motel, no matter how cheap the rooms are.

18  Thank surfercharlie