“good bartender”

Jokers Wild Bar & Restaurant
coolidge
“good bartender”
Reviewed April 25, 2012

we went in while waiting for a friend finishing up a club meeting. the bartender was great...the casino...tightest machines i've ever had the misfortune to throw money away in. 4 rum & cokes, 60.00, 15 minutes. ouch.

Visited April 2012

Missoula
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor All Around”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We had a family dinner that was poor all around.The service that we did get was very rude but that was very little. The Food that was supposed to be hot was cold, how do you keep food hot with 2 sterno cans set at least 6 inches below large servimg pans. we were told the food would be hot if we had the buffet but think the real reason for the buffet was so the co-owner did not have as much work to do as she would have had to do if we all would have ordered off the menu. We paid for the whole buffet but could not take the leftovers home even though we were told they made all the food for us.. I have a question why should we pay for food that they supposedly threw away and why should we pay a 15 % gratuity for very little service and being treated rudely. We used to like to go to this restaurant a lot but their food has gotten bad and thier service has gone bad too. Wouldn't you think that the owner would wonder why his parking lot is so empty now when it used to be full and don't you think he would care enough to answer complaints about the bussiness and try to build the bussiness back up? The person with the good review evidently likes the bar and casino but then again after a few drinks I guess anything looks good but then again we don't drink so guess we don't see things through the same rose colored glasses. Thank goodness there are other places we can go to and next time we want to go out to eat you can bet it will not be to this restaurant that we go unless they choose to improve.

1 Thank Anne Y
Helena, Montana
“Good hang out!”
Reviewed April 6, 2012

This place is great for its atmosphere. The food is pretty darn good also. There is a separate restaurant and bar area, both are nice to hang out in. Nice casino, great staff.

Visited April 2012
Glendive, Montana
“It could probably get worse.....but I don't know how.”
Reviewed April 4, 2012

I traveled to Missoula for a family celebration/banquet in March 2012, which was held at Jokers Wild. Although I do not live in Missoula, I visit often and have dined at Jokers Wild on several occasions, so was not initially disappointed in the location that was chosen for the family get-together. The room that was provided was spacious and easily accommodated the number of guests. That's really the only positive thing I can think of to say.

The meal was supposedly a buffet, but after looking it over I decided to order from the menu, which I had been told beforehand would be ok. However, when I asked the server for a menu, she was very rude and sarcastic. She dug a paper menu out of the trash and handed it to me along with some snide comments. I returned to my seat feeling somewhat humiliated. As I was looking over the menu, the woman walked over to me and informed me it didn't matter if I ordered from the menu or not, I would be charged for the buffet anyway, as would my family and if I ordered from the menu, that would be charged in addition to the buffet. So.....I handed her back the menu and we had the buffet.

The "buffet" was disgusting. Tough as leather beef and little pieces of chicken thighs & legs were the "main course". There were also mashed potatoes, gravy, three prepackaged salads that likely came from Walmart, a green salad, and... that was about it. The cost was $24.75 per person with the required 15% gratuity.

We never saw the server again. A man came down to collect the money, but there was no one available to tend to the tables, drinks, etc. At the end of the evening, a very rude man emerged from the kitchen to tear down the buffet table.

I later learned that Jokers Wild is under new ownership, and the rude server is the owner's significant other. I complained, as did many others, but there was no response from the owner, so he obviously does not care that his food is nasty and his service is non-existent. It's really too bad, as this used to be a good place, but we certainly won't be back until the ownership changes.

I should also mention this was on a weekend, and the place used to be packed every day of the week. Standing room only a lot of the time. However, other than our party, the place was pretty much deserted.....unheard of for Missoula on a weekend evening. Hmmm....maybe I won't have to wait much longer for that change in ownership :-)

1 Thank surfercharlie
Alberton, Montana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Over priced, cold food and tough meat, Never again!”
Reviewed April 3, 2012

We held a family celebration for our Mom and Dad at Jokers Wild Restaurant. The person that was available to set us up for the party of 46, was very rude from the time we booked until we left. We had folks from Washington, Nebraska and Eastern Montana attend. The food was cold on the buffet which we were advised to have as carry down food from the menu we were told would probably be cold before people got it. The beef was so tough that the older members were unable to bite and chew it and we paid $21.50 per person for adults and $8.00 per child. We had a person with a banded stomach and the beef caught up on his stomach band because he was unable to chew it well and he is in his late 40's. He was able to eat only a cup of mashed potatoes and paid child's price for 1 cup of potatoes! The whole meal was highway robbery. We could not take left overs home although we were told that we paid for them. Green Salad, macaronni salad, Jello salad, rolls, mashed potatoes and the salad dressing along with gravy for the potatoes. After complaining I was allowed to take the jello. We were told that they had to carry it upstairs to throw away. Hmmmm. . interesting as there were garbage cans downstairs as well.

1 Thank reviews29675